Sign in to follow this  
TasuilFalstar

Good Remote Spot

Hey All, 

Played Wurm before for a bit, now the wife is looking to get into it. This is  good since she historically has not played video games but this one is more up her alley and finally we can share one. That being said,  

We are f2p and are looking for a remote spot to setup and start really experiencing the game. She does not want to play with other players that she doesn't know IRL (so the wonderful community is out unfortunately :() so it needs to be fairly remote, (someone in local from time to time isn't a big deal, but not a lot of chatter) and we also don't want a lot of griefing (not much happens on indie but you know... still there sometimes.)

She wants to avoid combat personally (once we get a bit established, I can take care of hunting and keeping baddies away)

We are currently making our way through Dragon Fang Pass North of Freedom Market. (we should emerge at 34y, 36x on this map) I was thinking maybe following the coast north of the Fang and trying to settle on the water like 29y, 33x?

Any suggestions would be helpful. (I really wish she trusted people online, Indie really does have an amazing community!!!)

Thanks guys!!!

Edited by TasuilFalstar

Few deeds along the coast there, but it is a nice spot, critter wise you'll see the occasional scorp, bear, spider. Not sure how mining is since there are some run down deeds and some current ones. 

Player wise there are a few in in local.  If you're looking for a secluded area you'll have to go inland, NE, SE, NW areas are best bet as anything around dragonfang mountain, the central part of indy, like i said, will either have deeds, been deeded or has locals.

Anyways good luck and hope to see ya in game

Some of the best secluded areas can be found around the Steppe areas such as Grand Steppe and Eastern Plains.  Just try to avoid setting up a deed on the Steppe if possible please.  Good luck to you!

If you can try and find a spot that already has a guard tower, there are many about and they can help you take care of the mobs, especially if you are f2p.

• Like 1

Yeah, guard towers is a good insight. I know of 2 places around me (Totebo) that meet the criteria. First is by a little lake at 35x 25y. Kind of romantic in wurm terms and is not too far away from the Inner Sea in case you ever decide to set sail. The other is high up in the mountains at a dead end of a highway:  41x, 25y. There are some water sources made but no one lives there anymore.

Both places have large flattened spaces for a deed. Drop me a PM in game and I can go visit them if you like. Remote places tend to be deadly trekking upwards..