Sign in to follow this  
Milosanx

Priest alliance portal Spell

I know a lot of people might not like this, but we moving into new times with wurm, making this a bit more convienent for players.

Here is what I suggest.....

Have all priest have a spell that require say, 80 favor to cast and it can be used within alliance villages. Perhaps players could have a recall after travel back to the other deed, or just make it a one way trip. OR a priest can cast on a portal gate to make each way possible, but this mean continual prem wouldn't be needed

It would stimulate people premming priest for this purpose, more subs for the game and also allow players to work on distant deed they would never make due to travel times. It would be free as you do need a decent priest. Perhaps decent channeling needed too.

I'm not for nerfing things in wurm, but travel is just one of those things in wurm that we can make a lot better.

Opinions, Comments?

• Like 1

I'd rather see something like a "Stargate"

Build cost at minimum:

10,000 marble bricks

10,000 mortar

1,000 gold sheets

1,000 slat slabs

Priest casts "Portal" on it and the power of the Portal spell determines how far the portal will reach to other portals that are also enchanted.  Costs 200 power to cast and set it up.  This power degrades per use (so if the portal is Power 50, after 1 use, its power 49 and thus its reach shrinks).  

To use it, a priest has to be present and activate it via "Activate Portal" spell that costs (use your 80 favor).  It stays active for 10 minutes.  Anyone Using the portal gets the a popup similar to when you die but this one lists all Stargate style portals within range.

Requires premium priests to maintain and activate, and its expensive enough that people can build it but they won't be popping up everywhere instantaneously.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Brunwulf said:

would be bad for pvp for obvious reasons.

Cast cooldown of 1 hr?

4 minutes ago, Drused said:

I'd rather see something like a "Stargate"

Build cost at minimum:

10,000 marble bricks

10,000 mortar

1,000 gold sheets

1,000 slat slabs

Priest casts "Portal" on it and the power of the Portal spell determines how far the portal will reach to other portals that are also enchanted.  Costs 200 power to cast and set it up.  This power degrades per use (so if the portal is Power 50, after 1 use, its power 49 and thus its reach shrinks).  

To use it, a priest has to be present and activate it via "Activate Portal" spell that costs (use your 80 favor).  It stays active for 10 minutes.  Anyone Using the portal gets the a popup similar to when you die but this one lists all Stargate style portals within range.

Requires premium priests to maintain and activate, and its expensive enough that people can build it but they won't be popping up everywhere instantaneously.

Definitely not good for pvp though

8 minutes ago, Brunwulf said:

would be bad for pvp for obvious reasons.

Agreed. +0.5 if it's ONLY for PvE, and the village mayor can decide if they want portals opened to their deeds.

• Like 1

I like the idea sort of, but made me think of a slight variation...for PvE only and only suggesting on your thread on you ride because while i like the idea I dont think anything like a portal or intra-server fast travel would be good and almost certainly be detrimental to Wurm.

...how about a spell that will allow priests to send one naked or unencumbered person to another starter town for cases of sending new players to communities or those times when accident happens and player gets killed and ends up at is home deed on other side of the map, i.e. a difficult service that is just onerous enough to prevent abuse, but reasonable to allow limited fast travel...

• Like 1

I think having a cooldown on the spell would fix a lot of abuse for fast travel. 

• Like 1

I love the idea of stargate like portals. Having to build two gates and then somehow linking the two would be perfect. I also think this should be freedom only. So many things have been put in that are pvp only such as archery towers, siege engines etc. No reason why we can't see these be a freedom only.

• Like 2

I might add a further suggestion to my suggestion above:

When the Activating Priest fires up the already enchanted Portal, their Channeling skill is checked.  If they fail, the portal works but it sends the recipient to a random portal in range. Gotta have good reliable priests. :)

+1 to the idea but a huge NOPE to Drused's way of implementing it.

Which part don't you like?

The fact that it would be a huge undertaking?

The fact that you would need to have a Departure/arrival portal?

Or the fact that you'd need priests to run it?

The fact that it would take a month of work to build at a decently active village, and months and months at a less active one. The fact that it would be of limited reach.  The fact that you would need to have an active priest in every village and that the priest would need to be present and willing to come to the portal to activate it ten times a day and much much more...

• Like 1

So basically that it's a village project that requires active accounts and not something easy to put together in a weekend for solo players?

i would love to see more mega-projects.

5 hours ago, Drused said:

So basically that it's a village project that requires active accounts and not something easy to put together in a weekend for solo players?

i would love to see more mega-projects.

I'd rather see the work being required is to have a decent priest to cast it. opposed to numbers. I would be a reason for some players without have a priest branching out and getting one going and having a channel requirement would be the work that is needed. There are more solo players out there than groups.

+1 for PvE servers.

A difficult to build portal that needs to be enchanted (power affects distance like with Drused's idea) sounds good. I don't think there'd be a need for the enchant to decay though. I just think it should be very hard to build and take a lot of priests to enchant it and get a decent cast. Maybe also make it so there is a minimum distance between portals like we have with towers (say 200 tiles?).

Edited by Jashton