Sign in to follow this  
Omegaworld

Mailbox Menus

So I was just trying to CoD some items to make a little cash off of a prize I got for finishing a player built maze, and I realized a few annoying, and potentially costly issues with the mail system.

1) The first menu when you are sending mail:

So we all know that you put items you wish to mail inside the mailbox and then open the sending screen.  In the sending screen if you have a lot of things in the mailbox, in my case 63, you have to check the box for each individual item.  I feel there needs to be a way to select all the items at once since most times you only put items in for one customer.  Also, if you forget to put a name in the name box before you try to continue, it will close the window just to tell you in the event window "Unknown recipient. Please try again."  It would be nice if we could try again without needing to reopen the send window and check all the boxes again.

2) Pricing screen:

So a lot of the shortcuts for highlighting items in the game a simple file selecting methods in windows. (shift click to choose all between two points, ctrl click to select individual and random things)  So I thought it was only fair to assume that pressing enter when finished with a single price box would move you to the next line down.  Or maybe even shift click like with facebook chat or skype chat when enter obviously sends the message.  Neither of these however does what I would hope.  Instead, 62 other items that were currently set at 0g0s0c0i sent with the message "Cod price set to 1 iron, since it was negative or zero."  This is a HUGE issue because there is no confirmation after the second page of the menu.  Not only that, Wurm is essentially a real cash economy game, so this little mistake can cost someone real money.  Would it be too hard to have it set so if a CoD item is set at 0, that it doesn't let you progress instead of assuming you wanted it to be 1i?

Honestly I feel the mail system needs more confirmation since it is real people, with real money.  Luckily I found this out on a small scale, and luckily Vortexxx was kind enough to pay the agreed price despite my mistake.  Please help me with getting the devs to realize the slight flaws in the mail system so hopefully we can save some hassle for people in the future.

Edited by Omegaworld

yes instead of checking every box put 63 items inside a backpack (bam 1 checkbox) and 1 price... next time ask around

The setup is nice for the most part, I do think we could use a confirmation screen that shows the list of items, costs and the name of the receiver with a okay send box as the final step that requires a mouse click rather than hitting the enter key. There are a few times I have hit enter by mistake and fired off stuff before I was able to set the price.

• Like 1

On 12/30/2015 at 7:38 PM, Evilreaper said:

yes instead of checking every box put 63 items inside a backpack (bam 1 checkbox) and 1 price... next time ask around

According to the wiki you have to pay cod fee for the backpack, and honestly I don't think anyone likes losing money, albeit now its only an extra 1c, or 1c less if you just deduct it from their price.

1c is nothing compared to mailing stuff before, especially cross servers.

You worried about loosing a copper coin, go bury some corpses!

Edited by JakeRivers