Sign in to follow this  
weem

Should YOU buy Wurm Unlimited?

I recently did a video talking about what I have enjoyed about Wurm as well as the elements of the games that have turned some people off (even if I am not one of them in some cases). Let me know what you think!

Should YOU buy Wurm Unlimited?   <-- direct link to Youtube video

mqdefault.jpg

You covered it all really well. After playing unlimited and going back to WO, anything I would comment on would just be biased just because I'm back playing Wurm Online. I would play WU again, IF Wurm Online ceased to exist :)

Gotcha, haha. I fully get the draw to WO (had it explained to me by some Wurm vets) but WU works out really well for me for a number of reasons. Now the only problem is... I want to run my own server, hehe.

Running your own server can be as easy as just clicking the Manage Server button when you first start the client. This brings up the server manager window and you configure the server. Choose from Adventure (3 kingdoms with their starter towns, some things to find across the map, and some missions) or Creative (blank slate, no kingdoms, missions or NPCs). Give the server a name, modify the settings if you want something other than the default, and start it.

Or you can get the dedicated server from Steam (its free) and run that version instead. When you start that you get the same server manager window, so configuring it is the same. It does load in a different directory from the client (and the "client" version of server). But the dedicated server can be run on a different PC if you have one.

Unless you configure your router to open the required ports needed for Steam and server to communicate only you will be able to see the server running on your local machine. If you do configure the needed ports then others can also see your server. If you want to limit access to just you and people you choose just set a password and only give it those you want.

Thanks Romen ;)

More specifically, I would like to run a larger/dedicated server (at the Wyvern/Mythmoor scale) etc. I could handle all aspects of it with the exception of having the time to manage it from a support sense. We'll see what happens - there may be a point where I pay for such a server and have someone else manage that side of things. I would just need to get some other things in order first, hehe.

Edited by weem
Typo