Sign in to follow this  
Kaide

tabbards bound to faction on creation not equipping

not an issue for epic i suppose but on freedom we have only one design. you can sail to chaos and make wagons with other designs then sail back and use or sell them to get a little different colour floating around the freedom isles. why not do the same with the tabbards? all the ones made directly on freedom would still be just the freedom design

your a genius... 

+1 times a bajillion

i dont wear tabberd because the freedom one is uglier than shrek's wife...

-1, while I get it's the idea of customization, I still feel they should be tied to your physical kingdom, and freedom isles is your kingdom.  Like I'm MR on Epic, and I'll never see a different style tabard on me unless I convert, which I don't see happening.

I'd be more for it if there were like, just not-kingdom design tabards or whatever so people can use other design tabards, but kingdom tabards are not interchangable anywhere

• Like 3

Its handy in pvp as well. Sure you can discern friend from foe by their outline and kingdom tag; however, tabards allow for a mere glance.

• Like 1

No, tabards are great for knowing friend from foe, dont ruin that.

• Like 1

PVP is why we can't have nice things....

Seriously this is like saying I can't wear my Italy shirt because I live in the United States.  Uhhh Sandbox?  Hellooo?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Proximo said:

Seriously this is like saying I can't wear my Italy shirt because I live in the United States.  Uhhh Sandbox?  Hellooo?

we also cant have shoulder items or capes. convince rolf to release those then maybe the pvp community will give in to other kingdom tabards? cause capes will cover the back of players anyways. :P

9 hours ago, Proximo said:

Or it's like saying don't take everything that pvp has and slap it on pve and then wonder what's left special to draw anyone at all to pvp when pve has anything they'd ever want and then some, without any risk of losing it

• Like 3

So tabbards are your motivation to play on PVP??  Ok...

I'm sorry but I never understood why you guys think artificial things like tabards and wagon designs are keeping people on PVP servers.  If that's the case, you have some SERIOUS gameplay/community issues to resolve.

Nobody is "taking" anything from you.  If equality bothers you, well, you're bigoted. 

Yeah we should have equality, that means for every tome that drops from a unique, the server also gets giant plateaus, giant cracks in the ground, giant craters, sound good?

• Like 5

Hey that's what you chose, I'm not going to apologize for it.

Just don't sit here and tell me you wanting to PVP means you're all special snowflakes and nobody else should have cool tabards and stuff.

But we all know you guys are all about keeping others down and shooting down suggestions out of pure spite.

PVP is why different kingdom graphics exist. Chicken and egg.

Without PvP, you'd have a single graphic.

Sorry, I really don't give much credit to the "PvP is why..." argument. :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MrGARY said:

Yeah we should have equality, that means for every tome that drops from a unique, the server also gets giant plateaus, giant cracks in the ground, giant craters, sound good?

Uh actually that does sound good.

Needs more fire, then it would be in awesome territory.

Edited by Klaa

11 hours ago, Keenan said:

PVP is why different kingdom graphics exist. Chicken and egg.

Without PvP, you'd have a single graphic.

Sorry, I really don't give much credit to the "PvP is why..." argument. :)

Kingdoms are meaningless on Freedom though.  We just want more content and better graphics and stuff.  Wagons that look awesome, etc etc.

It is literally impossible to state that this would impact your gameplay experience on PVP servers, what tabbard someone on Freedom is wearing, so there's no rational reason to lobby so hard against it.

Every time this comes up it's shouted down by PVP players for no reason other than a spiteful "We're special you can't have!".

9 hours ago, Proximo said:

Kingdoms are meaningless on Freedom though.  We just want more content and better graphics and stuff.  Wagons that look awesome, etc etc.

It is literally impossible to state that this would impact your gameplay experience on PVP servers, what tabbard someone on Freedom is wearing, so there's no rational reason to lobby so hard against it.

Every time this comes up it's shouted down by PVP players for no reason other than a spiteful "We're special you can't have!".

It's more that it breaks the fundamental function of a "kingdom tabard". It's one thing to ask for more colorful clothing, but you're asking to wear the colors that people have paid 1 gold for the right to incorporate into the game. I agree that perhaps Freedom should have some sort of way to allow alliances to enjoy something similar to what PMKs do on PvP, but it should not be to make all PMK graphics available. It should be up to the alliance to decide on the graphic, just like it is for the PMKs. People spend a lot of time designing that artwork for their kingdoms.

Currently any banner you have from a PMK has come from the people who put the time and money into making it available. It may have been obtained through a third party, or from people who are no longer in the kingdom, but the fact is it isn't "free to make because we want it too".

So to recap:

1) Yes, there should be more options for Freedom to enjoy a similar level of customization.

2) No, it shouldn't be at at the expense of those who have put the time and money into making their customization on Chaos.

Or that's my opinion anyway. :)

Let freedomers pay 1g and establish a "lordship" that simply lets their lordships members have custom tabards/flags like pmks.

They can choose to use JK/MR/HOTS base graphics or special designed ones like on pvp servers.

If not, then they can stick to their freedom tabard.

Fair for all <3

Let freedomers pay 1g and establish a "lordship" that simply lets their lordships members have custom tabards/flags like pmks.

They can choose to use JK/MR/HOTS base graphics or special designed ones like on pvp servers.

If not, then they can stick to their freedom tabard.

add the kingdom titles and trader contract to that deal and i think a lot will sign up for it.