Sign in to follow this  
Aeryck

Bashing Fences Inside Someone Else's Structure

9b04d5d6e0.jpg

While waiting for an abandoned off-deed structure to decay so that I could liberate it's contents in the name of humanity, I decided to see if I could bash the fence which was so sadistically imprisoning innocent BSB.

Assuming this was prevented by structure permissions (as the structure was intact) I was surprised to find that I could bash the fence but was given a stern warning by the unsympathetic server over-mind;

d9b5ae6775.jpg

The fences surround the structure which consists of only arched walls with no doors. Every piece of the structure is intact and apart from likely being marked as abandoned, is still under item protection.

After reporting the bug I was informed that the bug is in fact in the warning message, and not in the ability to bash the fence as fences are controlled by deed, and not structure. I was instructed to report the bug in the name of science.

I shall await the destruction of the building and hope that I may find comfort in the dream that the cruelly subjugated BSB may one day return to the wild.

Edited by Aeryck

It would be nice if fences built within a structure were governed by building permissions instead of deed permissions, but I guess that's more a suggestion than a bug report.