Sign in to follow this  
jariab

Build inside Mines and Stairs outside buildings

I just wanted to leave a suggestion.

I would love it if i could build a house or a smithing area inside a mine, i think alot of others might too.

Also i was trying to build stairs going to the 2nd floor of a house, without having to have it INSIDE the building.

I wanted to have an external entrance to the 2nd story of my building....but since its not allowed, i had to put it inside instead

Edited by jariab
typo
  • Like 2

External entrances to upper floors is possible using bridges.

As for the other suggestion +1, but would probably require some new system for mines/caves.

14 minutes ago, Firestarter said:

External entrances to upper floors is possible using bridges.

As for the other suggestion +1, but would probably require some new system for mines/caves.

Yeah i know you can use bridges for that, but i only want to do a 1x1 tile entrance, idk...i just hate to have to make a bridge if they could some how change it to add stairs outside

Spoiler

forge_outdoor.jpg

+1 for external entrance (you can't sleep when outer walls are empty) and canopy

Edited by Urvel

would be awesome for the outside stairs, you could built up inside a mine as well, make walkways and stairways for it

I think building in caves is one of those thing the community has been waiting for for a long time a bit like bridges.

building inside caves makes no sense... cave tiles collapse and destroy w/e items were on them.... thus destroying your house and ppl will just be crying about a cave tile collapsing in the middle of their house and crushing their rare w/e's and i dont think i can listen to any more morons crying than there already is

Edited by Evilreaper

I was under the impression a cave could not collapse on a tile with items on it.

+1 about mines

Collapsing mechanic would have to be changed for it, i believe. For instance, a guaranteed 100% protection from collapsing for a reinforced tile. Not sure about building houses inside of mines, especially with the current height limit of 200-something dirts which can be only bypassed by making dropshafts. Speaking of dropshafts, allowing us to create bridges across them would fix a lot.

On ‎30‎/‎12‎/‎2015 at 4:20 AM, JakeRivers said:

I was under the impression a cave could not collapse on a tile with items on it.

Indeed they can, one of three things will happen..

1. The items are lost forever (the most likely)

2. Items may create a pile on the surface (if you are lucky)

3. Items found when mining the tile back out (very very rare not heard of it much if even true)

This is why making support beams is important but even they are not 100% going to prevent a collapse

I can confirm you can find the items when you mine out the collapsed told again as it happened to me already.  Was a lamp and altar though

i don't see a lot of difference between outdoor and inside mines buildings, we are already on a false 3D thingy with layers, so maybe it's possible without going for a complete real 3D mines. the ability to make underground cities, bridges, rivers and  the like would be a huge +1 for Wurm.

And of course, the collapsing mechanism can be removed for tiles where building exists.

On 12/31/2015 at 4:31 AM, zigozag said:

+1 about mines

Collapsing mechanic would have to be changed for it, i believe. For instance, a guaranteed 100% protection from collapsing for a reinforced tile. Not sure about building houses inside of mines, especially with the current height limit of 200-something dirts which can be only bypassed by making dropshafts. Speaking of dropshafts, allowing us to create bridges across them would fix a lot.

nothing in wurm is 100%   why should this be any different

instead of underground buildings, i'd rather see multiple tile cave enterances! (meaning 2 cave enterances side by side with no tile between them)