Sign in to follow this  
2015_GOMEO

in-game item shop

if an in-game item shop was ever a thought in codeclub's mind and if they're at all able to do one, i'd like to see some of the items/packages below in it. prices should be based kinda between freedom/epic.

reason an in-game item shop should be implemented, to automate tasks that might happen very frequently and so the process is automatic as opposed to waiting till someone can create them by hand or do the tasks.

as wurm uses sql, it is entirely possible to do this in-game shop or even a website item shop as they can already add premium time to the account, the ability to be able to create items and attach it to the account should be possible.

implementing this will allow players to cycle that purchased silver back into the wurm banks, requiring players to purchase more silver from codeclub, will allow players to purchase some needed items, and some nice cosmetic items, will allow players to use rare/supreme bones on already crafted objects, expand player bank slots and reduce the use for non-premium account use for holding valuable items, allow character name change and many other things.

*prices should be more expensive than epic, but less expensive than freedom.*

---kind of items in the item shop below ---

-

1. complete 90ql plate set with longsword/shield 10e or 15s ( new players would most likely purchase )

2. rare bone 20e or 30s( little bit cheaper than the going rate on freedom to promote item shop purchases ) ( also make this usable on objects not in the inventory, prob could drive the value of this up more too )

3. supreme bone 45e or 60s( little bit cheaper than the going rate on freedom to promote item shop purchases ) ( also make this usable on objects not in the inventory, prob could drive the value of this up more too )

4. 10 differently designed shoulder set items to start off with priced at 10e or 15s ( by different, you could have 2 different designs or even 1, but different colors. )

5. 10 differently designed capes items to start off with priced at 10e or 15s ( by different, you could have 2 different designs or even 1, but different colors. )

6. 4 90ql horseshoes, 1 90ql saddle, 1 90ql bridle, 1 90ql leather barding 10e or 15s ( new players would most likely purchase and possibly everyday players too )

7. ALL the items that can be purchased on a trader available in this shop as well. ( traders would still be uusefull for selling items too, so this doesn't eliminate the use for them )

8. prices of the trader items should have a euro price and a silver price in this shop

9. prices of purchasing silver should be slightly lowered to match the economy prices i think. at a minimum 1s = 1e ( or have a 1 weekend a month special deal on bundles of 100s with like 25-50 limited quantity sell at a 1s = 1e price )

10. 99ql non-drop tools 90 power woa/coc, of every kind, but maybe cycle them through the shop one different tool a week 10e or 15s ( can be improved, can obtain decay/dmg, can be enchanted, can still break on being enchanted, 

11. masks, add all the masks into the shop as well 10-20e or 15-30s

12. character name change 50e or 75s( I'd pay this )( or if you want it to be used more often, and it would if its cheaper, about 20e per name change or 30s in-game.)

13. bank slots. 20e or 30s per 5 bank slots ( maybe 20-50 items max bank size? )( make it so youu cant access your bank with enemies in local?) ( people already use alt accounts and log them ouut to hold items, i have 10 bank alt accounts, i'd rather just use my 1 account, they aren't premium or anything. haha )

-

i don't know how much revenue this could generate for codeclub, but its another step at possible lowering monthly premium prices ? :)

ofcourse, you'd have to keep cycling more items in and or out to continue the revenue from the item shop. maybe more designs of shoulders/capes/masks.

i know i'd purchase pretty much all of these as a freedomer, and as an epic player, i'd purchase the rare/supreme bones if they worked on objects not in the inventory, the shoulders/capes/masks, the tools for sure, and even bundles of silver during promotion times. would even purchase sleep powders in mass quantities if it were priced a little cheaper such as a 2-3e per sleep powder as opposed to 5s each.

just a few item ideas for an in-game or website shop for players.

Edited by 2015_GOMEO
  • Like 1

The idea is nice but it would destroy the income of hard working players. 

Most of the people grind skills so they can sell something in future or help someone. Even though they dont want money but still it feels good to make a few high ql tools for someone. Also the whole game is designed in such a way that the more 1 guy works, the more he can earn. If all things are given on shop then no one will buy from other players, also the competition in the market is hard already and prices are way lower then the time consumed to make a tool.

If a ingame shop comes, it would directly destroy the purpose of Wurm. People wont buy as they will buy from shop, people wont bother selling as they will get discourage. Wurm core is people chatting, doing community projects like canals, pvp kingdoms and TRADE. If any of these feature is replaced with a ingame bot making stuff, well then its very bad. 

Thats my take on this.

Edited by Gaul
  • Like 1

can always take the enchant off of that tool thing, or make it 90ql instead. i mean, it still gets dmg, and still needs to be repaired. 

oh, you meant to make the title this, How to kill wurm - More P2W

Edited by tgod
  • Like 1

I think you are in epic mode, where you cant find someone easily but on freedom players thrive for buying and selling. Like blacksmiths wait for a order of 1 tool.

Also if the tools wont decay, then they wont need re- improving. As they say, not only the car but the after service and maintenance is costly. I know lots of players who are the kings of re imping your stuff. Also now the weapon enchant dont decay. So you just need 1-2 good weapons and you are done in that department. You need bs mostly and priests for enchanting which is perfect.

Including a shop is only useful if it sells re-stones, settelement form or something which a player cannot create. Does not mean Scale set or Sorcery.

• Name change- Ok
  • Gender change- Ok
  • Masks- Ok
  • New shoulder equipment- Ok.

I am fine with some things and open to changes. But only items that cannot be created by players.

Only thing wurm need is 3000 Active players and i am sure one day, not soon but maybe one day, we might reach there.

Edited by Gaul
  • Like 1

You would think this is is a troll or a joke... but its not.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Gaul said:

I think you are in epic mode, where you cant find someone easily but on freedom players thrive for buying and selling. Like blacksmiths wait for a order of 1 tool.

Also if the tools wont decay, then they wont need re- improving. As they say, not only the car but the after service and maintenance is costly. I know lots of players who are the kings of re imping your stuff. Also now the weapon enchant dont decay. So you just need 1-2 good weapons and you are done in that department. You need bs mostly and priests for enchanting which is perfect.

Including a shop is only useful if it sells re-stones, settelement form or something which a player cannot create. Does not mean Scale set or Sorcery.

• Name change- Ok
  • Gender change- Ok
  • Masks- Ok
  • New shoulder equipment- Ok.

I am fine with some things and open to changes. But only items that cannot be created by players.

Only thing wurm need is 3000 Active players and i am sure one day, not soon but maybe one day, we might reach there.

all of that is irrelevant. i said it does take dmg and need to be repaired. and no one said those have to be the prices. those are just suggested prices. and it dont have to be those exact things in the shop either. but the shop needs items in it to generate money for codeclub if we are to ever have premium membership ways changed. just saying. also, i'm sure lots of players would like to have an easier/faster way of obtaining some things, for both freedom AND epic.

Only if niggleservant isn't allowed to get plate from this shop. He already has his own merchants to use anyways 

• Like 1

The economy in Wurm Online is in a slow decline and has been for a long time; this kind of feature would kill it completely.

-1 NO

Edited by Slickshot

A Wurm shop selling items that can't be crafted by players seems like a good way for Codeclub to make money, and already happens with things like magic chests.

Competing with players by selling items that can be crafted doesn't make sense.

2 hours ago, tgod said:

oh, you meant to make the title this, How to kill wurm - More P2W

Wurm is already very pay to win with the addition of sleep powders.

I prefer a online shop too but with cosmetic changes/name change, and stuff like that only

55 minutes ago, LorenaMontana said:

Wurm is already very pay to win with the addition of sleep powders.

I prefer a online shop too but with cosmetic changes/name change, and stuff like that only

Yup, I see no problem going the route of games such as PoE (Path of Exile) where they have a cash shop used for buying weapon/armor skins, pets that do nothing, etc.  All cosmetic but still fun while adding depth to player customization at the same time.

The only glaring issue with any such addition to Wurm is the texture limit.  Adding a lot of cosmetic and essentially "useless" items only eats up more texture space, and there is certainly a limit to be reached. 

Overall though, I'd definitely support an in-game cash shop if it held only cosmetic/transfiguration type items.  I'm going to say a taboo word now that will enrage some people, but an in-game auction house could be interesting.  The logistics of that would be painful to work out as a developer with the type of game Wurm is, but the idea is interesting nonetheless.

Edited by Slickshot
Fixed my stupidity.

-1 i honestly thought this was a joke even after read a couple posts.   

Question, why would you suggest this?  Did someone rip you off or do you just hate people who sell things?  The rare and unusual stuff (e.g. bones) are some thing people seek and desire on a cash shop just pure p2w at any price; no game should do that, ever.  And the common things, horseshoes, saddled, armor, weapons, are the core of the economy...really and then you say 90ql too???   And then you throw in the more end game type equipment, 90ql plate, you obviously have no idea how long people work to be able to make 90ql plate or 90ql weapons for that matter.

Cosmetic stuff, cool, or stuff that cannot be created OR found by players.  Otherwise items should be so ridiculously common that only the most desperate would buy it, e.g. low ql rice (i.e. seeds) or so ridiculously overpriced that only the most desperate (or moron) would pay for it, e.g. sharker orb vs hiring Mag/Nahjo priest (5s vs <1s).

I have tried to figure out *why* you would post this for a bit now and you must either be joking/trolling or actually hate Wurm and its players to suggest something like this, i would not even post except i am curious on why.

I saw another post and realize you play in epic and totally makes sense why you would suggest p2w stuff and in a cash shop....totally irrelevant to Wurm or a real game for that matter.  This kind of stuff makes sense for Epic only it is so pay-2-win that this may actually make money as the wallet warriors are strong in Epic.  In fact, please do this for Epic and finally have a reason to remove PvP from Wurm

Edited by ClericGunem
Figured out why

so, just a few select people hate this, and some actually do want something like this. 

Few select people?  There hasn't been a single comment so far to support your idea.  The only positive things said about this at all are massive changes to the idea you proposed, such as having only cosmetic items and non-player-made items.

Trust me, no one (let's say 99%) wants the kind of feature you mentioned.  You're talking about killing the trade economy in Wurm.  Money sink cash shop for "worthless" items would be fine, but not for useful items or materials.

3 hours ago, ClericGunem said:

Question, why would you suggest this?  Did someone rip you off or do you just hate people who sell things? 

It could be prior bad interactions, or else hating to spend so much time tracking down items, and then waiting a long time for delivery or sailing, etc. or waiting for the imps to be done. Every transaction is like 30 mins to an hour or more to complete, and some people can't play all day. Just guessing here.

can we add an option in the item shop to delete this thread or would that still be P2W

Edit: I'm not against cosmetics being purchased, though.

Edited by Stik

-1 Wurm is not Archeage (or whatever). Name/gender/appearance change, sure. Maybe bank slots or novelty pets or something. The rest is just gamebreaking and insane. 

I suggest to give OP a medal for posting the worst suggestion of all times. Who's with me on this?

1 hour ago, zigozag said:

I suggest to give OP a medal for posting the worst suggestion of all times. Who's with me on this?

I've seen worse... That's not to say I think this one's a good idea. As with other people above, I can only see items that can't be player made/found as a good idea in a game shop (trader) and that those items are cosmetic, or confer no particular advantage to players over others (magic chests are nice to have, but don't really give those with, any special advantage over those without).

I agree with cosmetic stuff, gender changes etc.  Player-makable stuff, absolutely not.