Sign in to follow this  
Jinxx

Changing the location that find on wurmpedia to your own wiki

Is there a way that we could change the location that the find on wurmpedia option for items and things points to so that we could manage our own wiki for our own servers?

Just bumping this. Does anyone know where I would even start or if it is possible at all? I'd imagine it would be something simple like just changing the root address and then creating a wiki of your own.

This is located client-side, in the file "renderer/gui/CreationListWindow.java"

popup.addHelpButton("Find on Wurmpedia", helpString);

Without a client-side mod, you cannot remove this from the action window for players.

On 11/7/2016 at 0:51 PM, Sindusk said:

This is located client-side, in the file "renderer/gui/CreationListWindow.java"

popup.addHelpButton("Find on Wurmpedia", helpString);

Without a client-side mod, you cannot remove this from the action window for players.

Not trying to remove it, just trying to change the address it redirects to. I also can't seem to find the file path you are referring to. Is it in the steam folder?

The whole thing is client side. When you right click something, there is a little "bar" separating the actions you can do from the "Find on Wurmpedia". Everything above the line is server side. If you change, or even remove, examine... the client will see it. The "Find on Wurmpedia" is completely client side. When the user clicks that button, nothing is sent to the server. It simply takes whatever is selected and appends the Wurmpedia link to it.

Without a client mod, I currently don't see a way to edit that selection. I wish could.

Edit: The file I referred to is from the decompiled client.jar, not server.

Edited by Sindusk

This post is in the Modding Requests section of the forum, so I think it's pretty obvious that Jinxx is asking for a client mod.

Sorry, I misunderstood. I assumed it was meant as a server mod. The wording implies server mod, at least.