Sign in to follow this  
bdew

[RELEASED] Bdew Client mods - New mod: FishBuddy - Updated Apr 09

i shut ti all down and ran it, and when I ran the .bat the cmd window said it was already done

Edited by CountZero

2 minutes ago, CountZero said:

i shut ti all down and ran it, and when I ran the .bat the cmd window said it was already done

Sorry I wasn't able to help, then.  Those are all the tricks I know.

It always says it has already patched, if you have ever patched before.

Edited by Batta

hmmm, this is the modlauncher patcher in the dedicated server folder right?

4 minutes ago, CountZero said:

hmmm, this is the modlauncher patcher in the dedicated server folder right?

None of this goes in the dedicated server folder.

It all goes in modlauncher

26 minutes ago, Batta said:

Everything goes in here:

Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\mods

This is where client mods go.  The dedicated server folder is for server mods.

Edited by Batta

is the modlauncher and patcher supposed to go in the mod folder? I wouldn't have thought it would launch the game properly in there, plus it seems to work where it is.

Or are you talking about a different patcher?

2 minutes ago, CountZero said:

is the modlauncher and patcher supposed to go in the mod folder? I wouldn't have thought it would launch the game properly in there, plus it seems to work where it is.

Or are you talking about a different patcher?

There are 2 different modlaunchers, patchers, and mods folders. 

The ones in the dedicated server folder are for server mods.  This is the server modlauncher.

The ones in the wurmlauncher folder are for client mods. This is a different modlauncher, the client modlauncher.

Edited by Batta

lol, that was it! Been a while since I've done any of this and this is the only client mod i use so I was just putting it in the server folder : /

working now - thanks for the help :D

• Like 1

New mod: Scanner

It's kinda esp-lite :P but more customisable and with on screen notifications. 

4oHbVET.png

The mod is configured by a single console command like

scan [stuff.....]

But the syntax of "stuff" is a bit complex, so instead of drawing BNF diagrams i'll just explain it by a few examples:

Simple mode - just put an outline on something, say me...

scan bdew

That's it, if you have anything with "bdew" in its name - you should see an outline. To turn it off type just "scan" with nothing after it.

Now by default the outline will be in whatever color it is in vanilla (e.g. blue for items, red for enemies, green for village members), if you wanted to give me a pink outline type...

scan bdew @pink

Easy enough. But lets say you also want to find dragons, and you still want me to have a pink outline - just add the dragons after the existing command

scan bdew @pink dragon @yellow

Now anything that has "bdew" in it's name will show up in pink, while everything with "dragon" in it's name will show up in yellow.

But we have a problem, now you are getting highlights for a bunch of people with "dragonslayer" titles, and their "dragoncart 2000" and so on, luckily we can check for models instead

scan bdew @pink %dragons/ @yellow

Using % before a word will make it check the model path instead of the name. You can see the paths of various model by going to your graphics.jar and looking at mappings.txt

And for good measure we can also filter out corpses of dragons, preserved dragons, and dragon pets (from my minipet mod) 

scan bdew @pink %dragons/ !corpse !preserved !pet @yellow

Puting a ! before a word will make it filter out anything that matches.

Now say you want to also have a nice big on screen notification every time a dragon is nearby... no problem, just replace the @ with # instead

scan bdew @pink %dragons/ !corpse !preserved !pet #yellow

Now say you also wanted the other uniques too... you could repeat the !corpse... stuff for each but that would be a lot of work, so instead you can use pipe ( | ) before a condition to have do an OR with the previous one

scan bdew @pink %dragons/ |%forestgiant |%trollking |%goblinleader |%creatures/kyklops !corpse !preserved !pet #yellow

And for good measure lets add treasure chests and traitors for missions... and stop making me pink :P

scan %dragons/ |%forestgiant |%trollking |%goblinleader |%creatures/kyklops !corpse !preserved !pet #yellow %treasurechest #pink traitor !corpse !preserved #yellow

New in 1.1 - outline matching 

Now you can use & prefix to match color of default outline, so to show only hostile uniques (which would exclude pets, etc.) you can use:

scan %dragons/ |%forestgiant |%trollking |%goblinleader |%creatures/kyklops &hostile #yellow %treasurechest #pink traitor !corpse !preserved #yellow

You could also bind it to a key to turn on and off as you go, for example...

bind ctrl+f1 "scan %dragons/ |%forestgiant |%trollking |%goblinleader |%creatures/kyklops !corpse !preserved !pet #yellow %treasurechest #pink traitor !corpse !preserved #yellow"

bind ctrl+f2 "scan"

This will turn it on when you press Control + F1 and turn it off when you press Control + F2

TLDR

• Word without any special symbols - matches things that have in the name
  • % prefix - match against model path instead
  • & prefix - match color of default outline (e.g. &hostile to match only hostile creatures)
  • ! prefix - negates whatever comes after it
  • | prefix - makes an OR condition with the previous one
  • @  highlights with outline
  • #  highlights with outline + gives on screen notification
  • @ and # can be followed by color name or RGB in hex. if no color is given will use default outline color.
  • valid colors are: 
    • red, green, blue, white, black, purple, pink, yellow
    • neutral, ally, friend, hostile, gm, dev - default outline colors (will match client settings)
    • hex color ( eg "0x00FFFF" for aqua)
  • after @ or # the conditions are reset and you can add a new set

Download: https://github.com/bdew-wurm/scanner/releases

Edited by bdew
  • Like 5

You are free to use the mod or not.  Please take discussion of what should or should not be ok on a WU server elsewhere.

Pandalet (Assistant Lead Forum Moderator)

• Like 4

Thanks for nice mod @bdew!

I'm trying to reproduce default esp config and have one issue: rule 3 don't override rule 2, but rules 7-18 override it. Also is there a way to mark enemy players?

%player !portals/ @0x73ff00
%creatures/ !corpse @0x008cff
%anaconda |%blackbear |%wolf |%brownbear |%cavebug |%crab |%crocodile |%goblin |%hell_hound |%huge_spider |%largerat |%lavafiend |%mountainlion |%rabidhyena |%scorpions/ |%seaserpent |%seal |%shark |%troll |%wildcat |%lavaspider !corpse !hota @0xd200ff
%dragons/ |%forestgiant |%trollking |%goblinleader |%creatures/kyklops !corpse #0xff9600
%treasurechest #0xffc800
source spring |source fountain |mushroom @0xff6400
alert !corpse @0x9900ff
angry !corpse @0xff0032
champion !corpse @0xff0096
diseased !corpse @0x996600
fierce !corpse @0x800000
greenish !corpse @0x009933
hardened !corpse @0xff3300
lurking !corpse @0x660066
raging !corpse @0xcc0000
scared !corpse @0x006699
slow !corpse @0x000066
sly !corpse @0x333399
traitor !corpse #yellow

1 hour ago, Fenume said:

Thanks for nice mod @bdew!

I'm trying to reproduce default esp config and have one issue: rule 3 don't override rule 2, but rules 7-18 override it. Also is there a way to mark enemy players?

There is no "override", the first rule that matches will be picked... so put anything that you want to have priority first

Edit: And i'll make a way to filter by the vanilla outline color in the next version - that way you can filter for enemies/friends/allies/etc

Edited by bdew

There is no "override", the first rule that matches will be picked... so put anything that you want to have priority first

So i rearranged my rules and get what i want, thanks.

%player !portals/ @0x73ff00
alert !corpse @0x9900ff
angry !corpse @0xff0032
champion !corpse @0xff0096
diseased !corpse @0x996600
fierce !corpse @0x800000
greenish !corpse @0x009933
hardened !corpse @0xff3300
lurking !corpse @0x660066
raging !corpse @0xcc0000
scared !corpse @0x006699
slow !corpse @0x000066
sly !corpse @0x333399
traitor !corpse #yellow
%anaconda |%blackbear |%wolf |%brownbear |%cavebug |%crab |%crocodile |%goblin |%hell_hound |%huge_spider |%largerat |%lavafiend |%mountainlion |%rabidhyena |%scorpions/ |%seaserpent |%seal |%shark |%troll |%wildcat |%lavaspider !corpse !hota @0xd200ff
%dragons/ |%forestgiant |%trollking |%goblinleader |%creatures/kyklops !corpse #0xff9600
%creatures/ !corpse @0x008cff
%treasurechest #0xffc800
source spring |source fountain |mushroom @0xff6400

4 hours ago, bdew said:

Edit: And i'll make a way to filter by the vanilla outline color in the next version - that way you can filter for enemies/friends/allies/etc

This will be awesome!

Edited by Fenume

Is it possible to outline growing trees/bushes? I tried with no effect

scan cherry @yellow
scan %cherrytree @yellow

3 hours ago, Fenume said:

Is it possible to outline growing trees/bushes? I tried with no effect

scan cherry @yellow
scan %cherrytree @yellow

no, the mod only works with items and creatures, not terrain

Action mod v0.8 (for WU 1.9 beta)

• Updated to WU 1.9 Beta
  • New directional modifier "tile_{direction}" with direction being one of: n,e,w,s,ne,nw,se,sw
    • example: act 318 tile_n will dig the tile to the north of the one you're standing on
  • New "@tb{N}" modifier - will act on an item in toolbelt slot N
    • example: act 183 @tb1 - Drinks from toolbelt slot number 1 (if it contains water)
  • New "tool" modifier - acts on active tool (thanks @zinefer)
    • example: act 163 tool - Repairs your current tool

Download: https://github.com/bdew-wurm/action/releases/tag/v0.8-beta19

Edited by bdew
  • Like 2

Scanner mod v1.1 is out (works on both WU 1.8 live and 1.9 beta)

Now you can use & prefix to match color of default outline, so to show only hostile uniques (which would exclude pets, etc.) you can use:

scan %dragons/ |%forestgiant |%trollking |%goblinleader |%creatures/kyklops &hostile #yellow

Download: https://github.com/bdew-wurm/scanner/releases/tag/v1.1

How do I get a client modloader that works with beta 1.9.X?

5 hours ago, Ricowan said:

How do I get a client modloader that works with beta 1.9.X?

client modlauncher 0.10.1 works with both live 1.8 and beta 1.9

9 hours ago, bdew said:

client modlauncher 0.10.1 works with both live 1.8 and beta 1.9

Looks like I had a bad mod preventing 1.9.11 from loading, sorry for the dumb question.  :)

New mod: FishBuddy

• Automates most things related to fishing
  • For rod/pole fishing just start a fishing action and it will keep casting and pulling in fish automatically until you stop it or your inventory fills up or you run out of fishing gear.
    • For now it relies on vanilla mechanics to replace baits/floats/etc. so you need the right skill level. In the future i might add an automated replace system too.
  • For spear fishing just start a fishing action and it will keep looking for fish, striking and restarting the action until you stop it or your inventory fills up.
  • Net fishing isn't well supported for now, it will restart the action but unless you have other means to clear the fish from the net it will stop once anything is caught. This will be improved in the future.
  • Your rod/pole/spear/net will be kept repaired automatically (but not anything inside them - this will be added in the future)

4HsBhpa.png

Downloads: https://github.com/bdew-wurm/fishbuddy/releases

• Like 4

Are you going to be updating this mod. My Hell Horses all show as Ash colored.  I am guessing too that new horse colors will need to be added.  Thanks