Sign in to follow this  
bdew

[RELEASED] Bdew Client mods - New mod: FishBuddy - Updated Apr 09

I play using a 4K monitor at 3840 x 2160 resolution.

With Fishbuddy I can start fishing and the little fishbuddy pop-up appears. However all I see is the "Starting" in the black text box, no buttons etc like in the screenshot earlier in the thread. No way to make the box either as far as I can tell.

I have 6.5 fishing skill and I am currently using a fishing net. Once done fishing I have no way to turn off fishbuddy short of relogging. I haven't tried fishing with rods or spear yet.

Edited by Nappy

Is custom action mod working for 1.9? my old installation has errors

On 4/12/2019 at 11:46 PM, Nappy said:

I play using a 4K monitor at 3840 x 2160 resolution.

With Fishbuddy I can start fishing and the little fishbuddy pop-up appears. However all I see is the "Starting" in the black text box, no buttons etc like in the screenshot earlier in the thread. No way to make the box either as far as I can tell.

I have 6.5 fishing skill and I am currently using a fishing net. Once done fishing I have no way to turn off fishbuddy short of relogging. I haven't tried fishing with rods or spear yet.

Hm might be something weird with 4k resolution, i'll try to see what can be done but my ability to test that is limited unless someone wants to donate me a new monitor lol

11 hours ago, schwein said:

Is custom action mod working for 1.9? my old installation has errors

update it.

7 hours ago, bdew said:

Hm might be something weird with 4k resolution, i'll try to see what can be done but my ability to test that is limited unless someone wants to donate me a new monitor lol

Happy to help with testing as much as I can. Drop me a forum note if you like, I usually see them quickly.

For custom actions is there a way to target the tile to the front/sides of you 1 at a time? say a "forward" option of some kind?

3 hours ago, wipeout said:

For custom actions is there a way to target the tile to the front/sides of you 1 at a time? say a "forward" option of some kind?

You can do directions (tile_n/e/w/s/ne/nw/se/sw). There is no option that accounts for your character rotation for now.

2 hours ago, bdew said:

You can do directions (tile_n/e/w/s/ne/nw/se/sw). There is no option that accounts for your character rotation for now.

Well that already solves it what i wanted it for anyway so thank you

scanner mod, is there a way to make my settings persistent on relogging in game?

1 hour ago, Griffith said:

scanner mod, is there a way to make my settings persistent on relogging in game?

put the command in autorun.txt then it will run every time client starts up

• Like 1

ok just found the fishing buddy and added it, really stoked

i am playing on my laptop so not 4k

i was using a spear and it seemed to be working, but i couldn't stop it, the esc key didn't work

also i was taking some serious damage myself, no combat as near as i could tell and i wasn't swimming, so i shouldn't have been drowning

am i missing something?

edit: had to log off before i died, but when i logged back on, it appears that i have been spearing myself in the feet? i had hole wounds. is fishing in general bugged?

Edited by Bludragon
follow up

4 hours ago, Bludragon said:

edit: had to log off before i died, but when i logged back on, it appears that i have been spearing myself in the feet? i had hole wounds. is fishing in general bugged?

its a "feature" of the new spear fishing mechanic. have fun.

4 hours ago, Griffith said:

its a "feature" of the new spear fishing mechanic. have fun.

lol, i wonder if it's one of those "features" that's gonna be fixed :D

seriously though, fishing buddy doesn't seem to be working correctly

There is, or should be, a stop and pause button on that window. Can you post a screenshot?

The spearing yourself in the leg is a game mechanic, not a bug.

ok i took a screenie but i guess i need to upload it to an image hosting site, and i don't have time for that right now. I'll get to it tonight

there are no buttons and even the x on the top right hand corner is just a little square that does nothing. 

7RvyuWL.png

Edited by Bludragon
added pic

On 6/6/2019 at 10:10 PM, Bludragon said:

there are no buttons and even the x on the top right hand corner is just a little square that does nothing. 

Hmm i'll see if i can reproduce and fix it. I only tested it with the default UI so it might be because of that. Or font scale ?

• Like 1

In trying to use the work of Fenume, I am trying to separate out Dragons vs Dragon Trophies. Because a lot of player's on the server have Dragon Trophies, these are detected with " %dragons/ | " however, I am unsure how to go about ensuring either the living or corpse of "dragon" is detected announced and outlined, while "dragon trophy" is fully ignored.

Anyone have ideas?

10 hours ago, KiwiBird said:

In trying to use the work of Fenume, I am trying to separate out Dragons vs Dragon Trophies. Because a lot of player's on the server have Dragon Trophies, these are detected with " %dragons/ | " however, I am unsure how to go about ensuring either the living or corpse of "dragon" is detected announced and outlined, while "dragon trophy" is fully ignored.

Anyone have ideas?

If they always have "trophy" in the name then just add !trophy

I swear I read the post, and the TLDR, but I lover looked it a each read, thanks for understanding and being nice about it. will test that out when I can.

Edited by KiwiBird
explaination.

Hey :)
Been using most of ur mods since I got WU, gotta say, I love them! :D
But there is one thing that makes me sad, cant seem to get action mod to work with "plant" catseye :(
I might be doing something wrong, so if anyone tried that and got it to work, I would be so happy to hear about it, since I got so many "main" highways that GMs are building on my server xD
Got backpacks on toolbelt to fast activate a new catseye, but even with using the number from action, it just don't do a thing, it doesnt even say anything in console or anywhere :(

9 hours ago, RealCoffee said:

Hey :)
Been using most of ur mods since I got WU, gotta say, I love them! :D
But there is one thing that makes me sad, cant seem to get action mod to work with "plant" catseye :(
I might be doing something wrong, so if anyone tried that and got it to work, I would be so happy to hear about it, since I got so many "main" highways that GMs are building on my server xD
Got backpacks on toolbelt to fast activate a new catseye, but even with using the number from action, it just don't do a thing, it doesnt even say anything in console or anywhere :(

Are you using the same action number as for other "plant" actions?  Because many actions need their own special number.  I find the actual number by turning "act_show on", then in this case activate the catseye and right click the tile corner.  Whatever number it shows after "plant" is the one to use.  (Toggle "act_show off" when you're done.)

10 hours ago, Batta said:

Are you using the same action number as for other "plant" actions?  Because many actions need their own special number.  I find the actual number by turning "act_show on", then in this case activate the catseye and right click the tile corner.  Whatever number it shows after "plant" is the one to use.  (Toggle "act_show off" when you're done.)

Yep are using the number from the catseye plant action :)
using it like: bind f "act 176 hover"
Binding it works, but makes a lot of errors in console whenever I try to use it, ofc with a catseye activated and hover on tile corner

On 11/10/2019 at 3:26 PM, RealCoffee said:

Binding it works, but makes a lot of errors in console whenever I try to use it, ofc with a catseye activated and hover on tile corner

Make sure you're on the latest version of the mod, if you're still seeing errors after that - post them.

On 11/15/2019 at 4:17 AM, bdew said:

Make sure you're on the latest version of the mod, if you're still seeing errors after that - post them.

Ok nvm and sry :P
Didn't notice I was a version behind :P
Works after getting the newest one ;)