Sign in to follow this  
bdew

[RELEASED] Bdew Client mods - New mod: FishBuddy - Updated Apr 09

This is gonna sound odd, but do these work on a server, long as they're put into the right server folders, and have the modloader on the server? At present i have the Max Toolbelt, No Winter, and Better Tooltips installed on the server, and the tooltips and toolbelt ones don't seem to be working (haven't progressed to winter yet to see if that one's working or not)

*EDIT* Figured out that it was because I didn't have the mods installed locally on my machine as well as the server, so if anyone's having a similar problem, that'd be what's up ^^

Edited by Norsewind
Figured out the answer
  • Like 1

You need them only on the client. You don't install them on a server and they won't do anything useful there.

There's a separate threads with my server mods.

On 9/6/2016 at 0:40 AM, Faetyl said:

Regarding TimeLock

Would it be possible to add a config option to default to a specific time at login? Say timelock 12 for example?

Or is it possible to set up in autorun perhaps?

On 9/6/2016 at 4:11 AM, bigsteve said:

add the command to autorun.txt in your configs directory.

I've tried this, but it doesn't seem to work for me. Am I doing something wrong?

I've added the following as a new line to autorun.txt and get these results:

say timelock 12

results in an event message: You cannot use local chat until you have moved and lost invulnerability

say /timelock 12

results in: Unknown command

timelock 12

simply has no effect that I can see...

any ideas to make autorun.txt send to the console directly? or alternatively an option in the .properties to autostart with a specific timelock would be lovely.

Thanks

I cannot get Max Toolbelt to work. I installed it the same way I installed every other mod and they all work fine. Any ideas?

*edit*

Nevermind. Re-extracted it and didn't run the patcher.bat and it worked. guess max toolbelt doesn't like the patcher.

Edited by Gorbachyov

As some of you might have noticed, i wasn't very active around here reticently.

Due to various reasons, including RL, other obligations, being bored with Wurm and lack of progress/communication from CC I have decided to take a break from WU modding (and Wurm in general).

I might come back and update mods if/when a new version comes out and breaks them.

If anyone wants to take over any of my mods, you have my blessings. All the code is open source and is on GitHub.

New mod - Skill Gain Tracker

Nc61x2S.jpg

• Adds a new window that automatically tracks skill gain and shows
    • Current skill
    • Gain since beginning of session
    • Expected gain per hour (calculated from average gain in a moving window of up to 5 minutes)
    • Average gain tick (over last 5 minutes)
  • Toggle the window using the options menu, or bind it to a key with bind <key> "toggle_gain_tracker" (quotes are mandatory)

Download and source code: https://github.com/bdew-wurm/skilltrack/releases

• Like 2

Hi bdew! Will your mods work on new version of Wurm? Btw, your mods are awesome, very handy 

Yes all mods should work. For Better Tooltips use the alpha version i posted above (i'll make a proper release for it later, but that one will work as well).

The awesome timelock mod seems to have stopped working in the new version 1.3. I miss my eternal sunshine! Any update on that or do you know how to fix it?

It should work. Make sure you ran the patcher from ago's modlauncher after the last steam update. If it still doesn't work - post your logs.

Bdew any chance to add ql of walls on hovering with mouse on tooltip mod?

5 hours ago, hiroi said:

Bdew any chance to add ql of walls on hovering with mouse on tooltip mod?

There's already a mod for that, but it requires a server-side component to fully work...

• Like 1

How do I get the toolbelt and compass to work? I tried doing it the same as live map but not working for me.

22 hours ago, bdew said:

It should work. Make sure you ran the patcher from ago's modlauncher after the last steam update. If it still doesn't work - post your logs.

Ahh thank you, I had forgotten about the patcher!

2 hours ago, hotiron said:

How do I get the toolbelt and compass to work? I tried doing it the same as live map but not working for me.

They don't need anything special, make sure you unpacked everything to the right places and ran the patcher from ago's modlauncher. If all else fails - post your logs.

11 minutes ago, bdew said:

They don't need anything special, make sure you unpacked everything to the right places and ran the patcher from ago's modlauncher. If all else fails - post your logs.

I put em in the mod folder in wurm launcher. Do I put em somewhere else?

Mods works good, although Better tooltips mod is not working with some of the new crops

Better Tooltips was just updated - look a couple of posts back.

On 3/10/2017 at 5:20 AM, cmiddlebrook said:

The awesome timelock mod seems to have stopped working in the new version 1.3. I miss my eternal sunshine! Any update on that or do you know how to fix it?

Not working for me either, just reporting:  Unknown Command

20 minutes ago, SuperFly said:

Not working for me either, just reporting:  Unknown Command

Works fine for me. Maybe re run the patcher?

Here are the instructions how to get help for any case of "mod X is not working":

On 3/11/2017 at 1:28 PM, bdew said:

Make sure you unpacked everything to the right places and ran the patcher from ago's modlauncher. If all else fails - post your logs.

the keybinds thing is a little borked, when I try to use it to put walls up on an already built floor it doesn't work

building floors and walls use the same keybind number, they are both 20000 so if I set the key to say "R" it will work if its on the ground, but if I try to do it an already established floor it wont work.

is there any way to get the walls to use a different keybind number without stuffing things up?