Sign in to follow this  
bdew

[RELEASED] Bdew Client mods - New mod: FishBuddy - Updated Apr 09

Not sure why but the numbers have disappeared from my menus - I am running 0.3 and live map is working so client is patched. Any ideas?

Reverting back to v01 gives me back the item numbers on the menus

Figured it out - in v0.3 I need to issue the act_show on command first - sorry about the bother.

Can you make a mod that makes it always day? I want to record videos but night time makes it difficult for viewers to see.

On 2/13/2016 at 11:55 AM, bdew said:

Hm, i'll look into it when i have the time.

THank you.

Since you've already done some messing around with tooltips, could you say whether or not it would be possible to extend the tooltip functionality to display an item's enchantment data? Would be a godsend to no longer have to sit there manually naming everything.

• Like 2

Would need to be server-side i think, as that information is not available on the client.

wanting to add karma to the status effect bar and also display the power of casts along side the timer when mouse over, would that be client side at all?

On 2/25/2016 at 10:28 PM, Aum said:

wanting to add karma to the status effect bar and also display the power of casts along side the timer when mouse over, would that be client side at all?

I'll take a look at it when i get the chance, i think karma is displayed in spell effects window, so i could display that i think.

Just want to say thank you to all the modders!

And a word of caution with the custom action keybind mod: When we add key binds to the client, we try to test them fairly extensively as the past has shown how a keybind can differ from intentional use of an action. Binding raw actions to a keybind could create exploitable situations, or worse, cause the server to crash. I can't think of any instance off the top of my head that would cause the latter, but at the very least if you use an action and it sends a null object, you'll wind up with a null pointer exception. The server us usually pretty good at eating these and logging them, but mileage may vary.

On 12/25/2015 at 10:37 AM, Eject said:

some client mods should not be public

I know this is an old post, but I wanted to point out that at least you know what is out there when a mod developer posts their mods publicly. You know players have access to this now, and you can write your rules around that. You may not have much control from the server-side, but you won't be able to keep the dishonest from doing shady things anyway. Even if the mod loader was written in such a way to report these mods to you, a dishonest sort could easily comment that part out of the code and carry on their merry way.

On 1/26/2016 at 4:08 PM, bdew said:

New mod - custom actions - https://github.com/bdew-wurm/action/releases/tag/v0.1

Allows keybinding pretty much any action

To use you need to figure out the numeric ID of the action.

1. open console and write

act_show on

2. rightclick something - you will see numbers next to commands

aY4voyx.jpg

3. open console and write 

bind <key> "act <id> hover"

2WXkmXf.jpg

4. press key

byOGuQp.jpg

5. ???

gCruBsl.jpg

6. profit

Instead of hover in the command (which targets whatever your mouse is on, like normal keybinds) - you can write "body" to target your body (for spells, etc.) or "tile" to target you are on (digging, etc.)

I'm not sure if it's a good idea to mention this, but since it's not so hard to do if you know the command... you can multi-bind keys with the action mod.

First, create a folder to contain your multi-bind "scripts".  For example: 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\PlayerFiles\scripts

I will be referencing this location going forward. If you choose a different location you will need to figure the path out later on.

Second, create a new text file in this folder. For example: forage.txt - Fill it with the actions as described in bdew's quote above.

act 645 tile
act 223 tile
act 224 tile

645 = Gather (grass - must have a tool capable of gathering grass equipped)

223 = forage

224 = botanize

Third, in the client, press F1 and type: 

bind <KEY> "exec ../../scripts/forage.txt"

Replace <KEY> with anything you want. I've been using X as it's close enough to WASD that I can hit it as I walk on to a new tile. Now when you press that key, it will send those actions as if you pressed each key individually. You can change "tile" to "hover" if you'd like the control of hovering over the tile you wish to perform the actions on. I used "tile" as I was just wandering around and foraging/botanizing/gathering. Keep in mind that you cannot exceed your max action queue, but if you can queue more than three actions - feel free to add more lines to the file.

Note about paths

The exec command starts it's path in PlayerFiles\configs\<current config>\. The ../../ backs this out two folders, so if you step back from <current config>, then <configs>, you are now in PlayerFiles. If you were to place these in your main WurmLauncher folder, you'd need to do another ../ to back it out once more.

• Like 1

Action mod updated to v0.4

• Added 'selected' as action target for items in the Select Bar (thanks @Keenan)

I wonder if i should add a way to send multiple actions, which would basically do the same as using exec just with less pain in the rear side...

11 minutes ago, bdew said:

Action mod updated to v0.4

• Added 'selected' as action target for items in the Select Bar (thanks @Keenan)

I wonder if i should add a way to send multiple actions, which would basically do the same as using exec just with less pain in the rear side...

HA! Major edit... brain fart...

Use '|' as a delimiter and String.split()

Example: https://ideone.com/RBbKct

Action mod updated to v0.5

• Multiple actions can now be specified at once (thanks @Keenan, again)

For example: bind SPACE "act 123 hover | 456 tile | 789 body"

Edited by bdew

On 2/24/2016 at 10:28 PM, Aum said:

On 2/27/2016 at 10:10 AM, bdew said:

I'll take a look at it when i get the chance, i think karma is displayed in spell effects window, so i could display that i think.

I've looked at the code, and it seems that the status effect bar and the spell effect window are getting their data from different places (CmdAddSpellEffect vs CmdStatusEffectBar), with the status bar not getting all effects (e.g. karma) and not getting the power and/or time for some others as well.

It could probably be hacked in some way (like checking the spell effect data to look up effects missing from buffs, etc.)... but it's too much of a PITA to be worth it IMO. Sorry.

On 2/12/2016 at 9:54 PM, MootRed said:

Can you make a mod that makes it always day? I want to record videos but night time makes it difficult for viewers to see.

This kinda took forever, but... 

Time Lock

• Locks the time of day to a given time
  • In console type "timelock 12" to make it always noon or "timelock 12:34" to make it 12:34 (= 1:34 pm)
  • In console type "timelock off" to disable

https://github.com/bdew-wurm/timelock/releases

Edited by bdew

17 hours ago, bdew said:

This kinda took forever, but... 

Time Lock

• Locks the time of day to a given time
  • In console type "timelock 12" to make it always noon or "timelock 12:34" to make it 12:34 (= 1:34 pm)
  • In console type "timelock off" to disable

https://github.com/bdew-wurm/timelock/releases

May your quiver always be full and your womb never be empty! Much thanks!

21 hours ago, MootRed said:

May your quiver always be full and your womb never be empty! Much thanks!

Did... did you just wish me to be permanently pregnant? :P

• Like 2

Many thanks for the time lock mod, been waiting a while for someone to do that

• Like 1

@bdewwith your custom bind mod, is there a way to bind actions together such as shield bash and a special attack?

13 hours ago, MootRed said:

@bdewwith your custom bind mod, is there a way to bind actions together such as shield bash and a special attack?

something like

bind key "act 123 target | 456 target"

Not sure if combat actions work correctly, haven't tested them myself.

• Like 1