Sign in to follow this  
Dairuka

Steam got hacked.

Just as a heads up if you haven't noticed.. Steam seems to have a security issue at the moment. A lot of people are reporting issues with language being changed and being signed into other accounts and you all can guess the issues that may come from this.

This is happening to everyone online and we do not know what issues can come from this so please do not buy anything yet and wait until this is resolved maybe it is best to stay signed out... make sure you have nothing on your account pending as far as purchases and stuff so it doesn't get sent to another account.

Personally I think its best you have your mobile authenticator on and stay off your account. Take any precautions necessary and be patient.

~~ WGES Clan.

• Like 1

Aye was wondering what happened, things were getting all weird when I attempted to look at my profile. I doubt Steam got hacked, likely more like an update screwed something up.

Could also be too many Steam keys were redeemed in such a short time! :P

It seems they faced big issues, possibly an issue with their cache server, where it would incorrectly think you're somebody else and show you somebody else's info, including any payment info that gets prefilled for you when you try to buy a game. I think credit cards are safe, because I don't think Steam ever shows you your full credit card, just the last 2 numbers or so.

Yeah, although your data like e-mail address or phone number may be accessible for others, your payment information should stay safe.

55 minutes ago, Audrel said:

http://www.theverge.com/2015/12/25/10665814/valve-steam-holiday-sale-security-problems

FWIW: I am not seeing anything unusual with my profile. Have they fixed it?

Valve has issued a statement and they have fixed the issue.

Edit: Steam was not hacked it was an caching Issue on valves end.

https://steamdb.info/blog/recent-caching-issues-on-steam/

Edited by HeadClot
  • Like 2

caching is great, except when it fails. 

Edited by polarbear