Sign in to follow this  
kekstier

New spell to decrease food decay

Hey everyone,

i was just thinking about how to make food last longer. And i ended up dreaming of a spell for containers that reduces the decay for the food items inside.

I think that a decay reduction of 60%(something like damage taken per tick reduced by 60%) for a 100 strength cast would be a decently balanced thing.

What do you think about this?

1 hour ago, Etherdrifter said:

+1 from me, but you might see a lot of "buy a magic chest" replies shortly

So, do the magic chests now support food as well? Sorry, but i didn't knew that.

Can't speak for others on this, but for me food is not that valuable and once a meal gets a decay tick, i throw it away or eat during not-so-important (in terms of skillgain) tasks, where its damage doesn't really matter.

But if there was a spell that would increase the average time until the 1st tick in 2-3 times, i could buy an enchanted barrel, probably.

7 hours ago, zigozag said:

Can't speak for others on this, but for me food is not that valuable and once a meal gets a decay tick, i throw it away or eat during not-so-important (in terms of skillgain) tasks, where its damage doesn't really matter.

But if there was a spell that would increase the average time until the 1st tick in 2-3 times, i could buy an enchanted barrel, probably.

i only said "something like damage taken per tick reduced by 60%", and i wasn't fixed to that option.

Food decay really needs to be a little less random and the penalty for keeping it in your inventory should be removed. It was only added because people were storing all their hot meals on alts because they'd never cool down or decay in your inventory and instead of fixing the problem properly someone just made it more annoying for everyone.

• Like 1

Sorry, but as Depends allready says/implies - just let Rolf make decay less please, and not make having a slew of priests of all kinds even more neccessary then they allready are. and more so with just about every other suggestion if that would be put in...

• Like 1

On 12/26/2015 at 11:21 AM, Depends said:

Food decay really needs to be a little less random and the penalty for keeping it in your inventory should be removed. It was only added because people were storing all their hot meals on alts because they'd never cool down or decay in your inventory and instead of fixing the problem properly someone just made it more annoying for everyone.

I think fixing food decay, or allowing us to make longer lasting foodstuffs, is one of the MOST requested things in the game going back for years and years.

I don't think a Priest should be required to achieve this however.

..but...but...I actually like cooking!  And doesn't salt help to slow the decay, or is that a myth?