Sign in to follow this  
Valdor

What Was Your Favorite Wurm Addition of 2015?

This year is almost over and it has been a great one in Wurm. We have finally seen the addition of bridges, as well as the new permission system, new furniture, kilns, amphoras, mailing fees and a variety of other additions. We have even welcomed Wurm Unlimited... something none of us even expected. How was that for a best kept secret!? And now, as we edge towards 2016, it's time for a bit of melancholia. To that end, I have a question for you.

What was your favorite Wurm addition of 2015?

Please pick only your top addition, as I am interested what really won Wurmians'  hearts in the last caldendar year. Tell us why you liked it so much.

I'll start off with mine. For me, the best thing that happened to Wurm in 2015 was the "plot course" system. Such a seemingly small addition, but one with such profound impact. Suddenly, the world opened up. The ability to travel to any server opened up all those new continents to me that before were simply too far away. I can finally see what Release is like. I can visit my friends in northern or southern Xanadu in a reasonable time. No server is unviable to live on anymore. The previously remote Celebration or Release are now just as accessible as Deliverance. And the economy should be the real winner here in the next few months. Those from Cele can now trade with those on Indy. Those from Pristine can sell directly to Chaos and vice versa. I love this new "plot course" system. And I can't wait to see your part of the world. That's my favorite addition.

What's yours?

• Like 1

I'd have to say that bridges are my favorite feature from 2015.  Plotting courses while sailing is a huge plus, but bridges came earlier in the season and were hyped for a very long time, and the hype paid off very well with a huge delivery.  Creativity across the community has exploded tremendously due to the addition of bridges, and we've continued moving forward in the creativity department ever sense.  There is no going back now.

So many things to choose from I can't remember all the new decorative furniture we have this year. Removal of the bsb losses and reduction of mail charges is really nice.

My favourite thing is bridges they've been used to make some beautiful buildings and connect places together in ways never seen before in Wurm.

My favorite addition has to be Bridges. Truly a game changer , brought back some old players and breathed new life into current ones. 

Edited by Chiqa

To many to name, plot course is great but being able to now bury all those bodies in my mine has helped my OCD.

• Like 1

Hot items into bsbs, no bsb loss, bridges, stairs, personal lockable doors with the permission system and plot course. So many things this year that have been gamechangers. As to a favourite, impossible to say

• Like 1

Push gently ranks up near the top. No Bsb decay is another. But I think my favourite is the permissions system. So much more convenience having access to everything from the character window. Also, there is a lot more protection now. Great addition to the game.

• Like 2

Wurm Unlimited!

I'd even go as far as to say that WU is the best new thing that Wurm has ever done and likely will do in the future.

• Like 1

Plot course, because as I started in the new cluster, I didn't think I'd ever get to see the older servers without hours and hours of sailing. Also, no BSB decay, the furniture and marble statues just make it a more usable and fun game. Really though, all the changes made me glad I came back to Wurm. Maybe one of these days, I'll make a bridge. 

Bridges then WU, I don't own WU but it has pushed improvements for WO in a big way.

• Like 2

I'd have to say the removal of bulk decay and adding hot stuff to bulk.  Only thing it's missing to be perfect is losing that QL slashing when averaging stuff.

Being able to walk 2 steps and not lag/hiccup , only seems to be pass few weeks.

Other then that  ,,  players are always a nice addition. :)

Oh man....  I don't think I can choose just one.  lol.  This has been an amazing year of really cool things in Wurm.  I'd have to write a small novelette to talk about them all.  Thank you dev team.

I'd have to say my top 4 are bridges, permissions system, course plotting, and no decay in bsbs & crates, but tons of other stuff also made me a very happy camper.  :)

• Like 1

Sittable chairs has to be my favorite thing. I've waited YEARS for it, just like interior walls.

Honestly I've never built nor even start any bridge yet, also even after all that time I still prefer to sail without course plotting if only time allows me to do so. 

Well then... Probably a new dragons together with new and fresh hide/ scale sets are the best additions to me. Perhaps mailing fee lowered by 90% too. About any other changes I didn't even think at all, to be honest.

Honestly I've never built nor even start any bridge yet, also after all that time I still prefer to sail without course plotting if only time allows me to do so. 

Well then... Probably a new dragons together with new and fresh hide/ scale sets are the best additions to me. Perhaps mailing fee lowered by 90% too. About any other changes I didn't even think at all.

Coming back after almost 2 years away and finding all the changes in place.

I want to say Bridges are No.1

but then I discovered beauty of WU, it perfectly solved my issue with not cheap (for me) premium in WO

This past year within Wurm Online has been filled with positive additions and changes to the game, as well as some foolish ones. Two that stand out to me are no decay on items within bins (but don't forget the fine print that this is only on deeds with over 30 days upkeep, gotcha!) and reducing the mailing fees by 90%. Both great because I don't like to loose materials that I have taken the time to gather. Mailing fee reduction now makes it worthwhile to mail items to main character to be imped and sending them back. Also makes the purchase of items from others more economical, as well as mailing items to them to be imped.

Yes, the addition of Wurm Unlimited as well but I wouldn't consider that to be an "addition" to Wurm Online, rather an alluring competitor to it. Maybe even a mistake in that respect. Time will tell.

=Ayes=

• Like 1