Sign in to follow this  
Warlander

Skill books

EDIT: You should be very careful about touching skilling system. If you cross the line and make current players feel their achievements are worth nothing, you will face another mass exodus of the old time players, like after WU was introduced. Where that line is, no idea.. of course there is room for playing, but its dangerous.

Edited by rixk

13 hours ago, Proximo said:

The success of Wurm Unlimited has shown the Dev team that more people enjoy Wurm when it's not so tedious.

Pretty much every player who has argued over the years to keep timers slow and skilling a painful grind has been proved wrong.

Ah, you mean where they dont have to deal with griefers and thiefs because they can be their own GM ?

And also that the game is far cheaper then WO when WO adds nothing, NOTHING to the game compared to buying WU except that your characters are a bit "safer" to get suddently shut down (as in server taken offline). WO is a copy of WU with different skillgain, we need something to make WO Unique.

Sounds like my master / apprentice idea I posted in plan for a plan. I like the idea, but I think it should be tied to you character, not a book.

Im thinking like how priests link. So if I'm within 4 tiles and linked to you, you receive bonus skill increase when you're crafting.% would vary to make things balanced. Only one (haha noticed this sounded like obi wan) Padawan allowed per master. 

44 minutes ago, Happychappie said:

Sounds like my master / apprentice idea I posted in plan for a plan. I like the idea, but I think it should be tied to you character, not a book.

Im thinking like how priests link. So if I'm within 4 tiles and linked to you, you receive bonus skill increase when you're crafting.% would vary to make things balanced. Only one (haha noticed this sounded like obi wan) Padawan allowed per master. 

There can be only two.

Keep the skill cap lower. Say 30. 30 is enough for newbies but not really marketable.

Past that, you should earn your skills.

It's nice to accelerate training for new characters or alts (so they can actually make plank and nails at a reasonable rate) but you're not doing much else beyond that.

So I got to thinking, what are my most marketable skills?  Probably natural substances and channeling.

I worked hard to get them where they are, a lot of grind was involved and it earns me a bit of silver now.  If other people could skill up faster it would reduce my silver pool and that would make my life harder.

But wurm isn't really about making silver, it's about enjoying the game and the community, if you're not enjoying it why on earth are you paying for it?!

I like this idea as it gives newer players extra incentive to interact with the existing community rather than going it alone (hermits seem much more likely to quit early game).  So +1, the bonus is not OP but it would be very noticeable. 

All I ask is that the books be priest craftable ;)

• Like 2