Sign in to follow this  
ClericGunem

Update (fix) text on creating PoK and PoL tiles please

About 8 months ago i spent 1 week+ and think it was 36 different spots and all 9 titles on ever spot multiple times trying to get either a PoK or a PoL tile on my pond.  The whole time CAs and players were giving (bad) advice and had zero clue what was required.  So please fix so other suckers are not given bad advice.  Maybe the wording does not have to be specific, but should not be so obscure that someone wastes a week listing to bad advice and losses all faith in CAs

Also, not 9 tiles, it is 25 tiles that are taken into account (final int[][] toReturn = new int[5][5];)

PoK - Original text

>>
You should be able to create your own knowledge path tile by flattening a low 3x3 area close to open water and creating some sand tiles near by. Once planted, test each tile to see if it's "special" as the Knowledge Tile does not have to be in the center. If the area is disturbed , the special tile may vanish, and must be recreated, and may show up in a different spot than before.
<<

Open water (i am guessing that was a hint from a dev) is "nearwater"  (within 2 tiles) and "farwater" (20 titles in one of the cardinal directions)

AND

either

certain height; need someone to translate what it means to be a height diff (between current tile and "farwater" tile) of either <-400 or >400, have not had chance to figure this out

OR

Majority of tiles are sand

PoL- Original text

>>

Love path tiles are usually found on flat or flattish grass, with flowers and water nearby. Usually love tiles will be within 5 - 7 tiles from the shore.

You can create your own love path tile by flattening a low 3x3 area close to open water and planting flowers on all of the tiles. Once planted, test each tile to see if it's "special" as the Love Tile does not have to be in the center. If the flowers are ever removed, the special tile may vanish. It must then be recreated, and may show up in a different spot than before.

Sprouts spreading from trees and grazing animals can remove the flowers and therefore destroy the Path of Love special tile.

It's rumored that trees can also be used instead of some of the flowers.

<<

love tiles will be within 5 - 7 tiles from the shore. - does *not* have "nearwater" but must have "farwater" (20 tiles in a cardinal direction) 

AND

does not meet PoK criteria

AND

4 *not* plain-grass tiles (if i read correctly, i.e. flowers or such)

Please correct if/where wrong, btw i can not have these tiles without surface mining now, which i am doing now as my pond is now only 18 tiles at longest.  If i had know this little 20 tile fact I would not have built several things the way i did and would have had both tiles without a problem

hmm i never had problems with pol tile i just make a 3x3 with compleate flower tiles next to the water and had allways a love tile in there.

by next to water i mean really next to water. with pok tiles i have no idea.

• Like 1

Judging from the wording, this information came from Wurm Unlimited source.

Our policy is that anything going into Wurmpedia must be tested while playing Wurm Online. If these changes can be tested and found true with normal game play in Wurm Online, then any editor may feel free to make chances to the pages.

Thank you :)

2 hours ago, Keenan said:

Judging from the wording, this information came from Wurm Unlimited source.

Our policy is that anything going into Wurmpedia must be tested while playing Wurm Online. If these changes can be tested and found true with normal game play in Wurm Online, then any editor may feel free to make chances to the pages.

Thank you :)

That is fair as there some pretty obvious differences between the two games.  I am in the process of doing this right now, once i have 20 tiles of water in a line...if I get a PoK that will be near conclusive evidence imo as i have very literally eliminated nearly every other possibility.  I will update yeah or nay.

I had no problem creating a PoK tile... 3x3, all sand, just a few dirts above water. We also have a PoL tile right around the corner... 3x3 flowered area, 2-3 tiles from water's edge.

• Like 1