Sign in to follow this  
Dzhalagash

Respawn unique creatures

I checked the DB, and in my server there's only one Black Dragon, one Green Dragon Hatchling, and no Unique monsters.
I would love a mod that check the existence and alive status of each Dragon and Unique Monsters, and if they are dead/non-existent it respawns them.
Maybe the check should be only on Unique Creature dies, and server start.

If anybody manages to do this I would be really happy :).

It might fix the absence of a red dragon in my server, thank you.

Yet it's not an ideal solution.

Currently there is a system to respawn uniques at a rate of roughly 1 per month, it would not be too hard to change this rate with a mod. I won't make any promises since I have enough that I am working on at the moment, but if you have any experience with java (and possibly bytecode) then it should not be fairly easy.

Edited by Webba

I'm not experienced with Java, I have found in the code the method that I should call and the parameters I need to do another non-related thing, but now I have no clue about how to make a mod for Ago's mod loader for that. I will have to learn to use that also.
I have to find out also how to import classes and compile using the server.jar files.
I don't mean writing "import path" in the class file, I mean how to tell the compiler how to find the files to import. From university time I remember how to use javac from shell to compile a class, but it was my exercise files. I'm currently using IntelliJ IDEA community edition.
I was not yet able to find the method you were talking about, and I would also like to make a mod to rebalance dual-wielding, and that one would be really hard. I looked at combatEngine for several hours and I haven't yet figured out were dual-wielding is described, there were some "secondary weapon", weapon2, but I haven't yet figured out how it works.

EDIT: I figured out how to use Ago's Mod Loader, now I need to figure out out to tell the compiler how to import stuff.

Edited by Dzhalagash
Unified messages.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1051640/correct-way-to-add-external-jars-lib-jar-to-an-intellij-idea-project if you include common.jar, server.jar and modloader.jar would be a good starting point, you may need to include the rest of the libs included with wurm unlimited but it depends on what you are doing, for example to change the unique respawn rate I would just look for the appropriate bytecode and change that which would only need modloader.jar included.

Thanks for the link, it will help. Since this evening I'm finally in holiday and I will have time to do something.

28 minutes ago, Dzhalagash said:

Thanks for the link, it will help. Since this evening I'm finally in holiday and I will have time to do something.

Lucky you, I'm still at work tomorrow :(

To test I modified a mod, but now I want to test that everything works.
I added the dependencies as the stackoverflow thread, but now how do I compile with IntelliJ?