Sign in to follow this  
Brutis

[Released] Texture Pack v1.2 Update

Update 1.1 with better transition between ore veins as requested.

Update 1.2 converted all textures to .dds

I am looking into making this a mod loader plugin for those who are interested.

Gallery

Texture Pack Update 1.2 for .dds textures

*I am releasing a texture pack that I put together which includes 3 textures from ByblosHex found here. The rest were either taken and compiled by me or edited to fit the scale.*

Edited by Brutis
update 1
  • Like 7

o.o wow this is amazing. Only criticism I have are for veins. Would it be possible to make the edges smooth into the rock textures, similar to how they do in the original textures?

I love how well the tiles blend together with the blend on. This is by far the best I have seen so far.

• Like 1

Very nice Textures.

Will this still get updated?

Some textures aren´t smooth next to other Tiles.

Is there any way to make this into a standard client modloader serverpack?

@Caduryn

I am still working on it, it is a spare time project for me and the holidays are very busy. Im working on the smoothing between tiles and also converting the winter terrain as well.

@Nappy

I am not familiar with the modloader enough to know if it is possible, or to do it myself. Id like to say that if it can be done I will do it, but completing the pack and making it run smoothly is my top priority at the moment.

• Like 2

Your efforts are very much appreciated! Thanks for doing the pack. I will likely try the manual steps on my client tonight.

• Like 1

Looks awesome!

Couple questions.

1. The cobblestone.  Cobble.png looks a bit like it would be rough cobble(cobble2.png)?  I've seen cobblestone roads in Belgium from the Romans that are still very neatly paved, much like the default cobble in Wurm.  Any chance of keeping that look, but with your upgraded texture?
  2. For some reason, in my mine, the walls look like the graphic is about 1/3 low.  ie. there's a line all the way down the wall, about 2/3 from the bottom where it looks like the bottom 1/3 is appearing at the top 1/3 and on my iron vein, the vein is down by the floor rather than centered.  Not sure what could be causing it.  Any advice?  Is there a setting I should be changing?

Just an opinion on slate slab, I love how your texture looks!  I just kind of think it would make an awesome Slate roof, while the floor might be slightly neater.  It seems like a good mason would create a smoother road?  Just a thought.

Love how vibrant the grass is, how dark the dirt is, it's actually like healthy dirt! :)  Can't wait to find some marble and see that laid down in game.  Get the feeling that's going to look awesome!

Thanks for the work you're putting in and making it available.

EDIT:  it's the floor.  In my mine, I have various floor heights in one large room to make sort of a pool.  I think the graphics tiles are displaying starting from the lowest point regardless of the actual floor height of that particular tile so the only way it would look right in those situations is to have seamless transitions in the graphics vertically.  Keep in mind I know this is easier said than done, just relaying what I'm finding in case it's remotely useful.

Edited by Reylaark
Further info

On 1/11/2016 at 9:34 AM, whykillme said:

I just saw this.. holy.. why isnt this added to WO!

They are working on new textures and the new beta version (soon to be released) has a new model loader. We should be seeing some great new textures soon in the game. Perhaps they might even take advantage of some of the work being done such as this mod (and the creatures mod would be nice to see part of the game as well).

• Like 2

On 12/29/2015 at 0:34 AM, razoreqx said:

I'll work on getting this in the modloader.  

Are you still working on it? ;D

would be cool

Need convert jpg and png to .dds and so replace the files in graphics.jar and will work.

Example: with online image converter: http://online-converting.com/image/convert2dds/

With surface format: DXT5

Mip maps: no

Resize: Keeping proportion

Edited by Waajo

Not sure if this is anywhere near active still but I had a question. I recently started playing wurm unlimited (1200 steam hours ago) and was wondering exactly how you make and edit textures. I have never done any modding or computer art changes to any game, but wurm unlimited has opened my mind to so many possibilities for new textures and things if I just knew what tools I needed to do it. I am assuming its possible because someone put pandas in the game lol.

On 2016-09-25 at 0:41 PM, SirSchwalk said:

Not sure if this is anywhere near active still but I had a question. I recently started playing wurm unlimited (1200 steam hours ago) and was wondering exactly how you make and edit textures. I have never done any modding or computer art changes to any game, but wurm unlimited has opened my mind to so many possibilities for new textures and things if I just knew what tools I needed to do it. I am assuming its possible because someone put pandas in the game lol.

The ground textures are somewhat easy. It is as simple as finding the right size image, or close to it on google and using a program like photoshop. (CS2 is free) to edit them and save with the same name. from there just upload the file into the

graphics.jar and be on your way.

This is awesom, hope it is still getting some love.

I don't know why, for the love of decaying custard, WO creative team never thought about low hanging fruit improvements like these. Better textures, better sounds (thunder.... tools, randomness instead of the SAME hammer and hatchet sounds foreverything).

Mods like this will drive us forward

:)

I tried this with the dirt graphic and found out, if you drop the dirt on sand, the sand dont convert to dirt