Sign in to follow this  
Brocules

Returning Skeleton Desert to its former Glory and the weird spawning of animals on Exodus

Two weeks ago a group of players turned the northern 2/3 of Skeleton Desert into Steppe. They had various reasons to do so, one of them being that from that moment on the right type of animal would spawn (bisons, hell horses), more suitable for starting hunters and also more profitable (hides).

For those players on Exodus who dont know where Skeleton Desert is: r16 on the ingame map.

It was the second largest desert on Exodus and veteran hunters from all over Exodus used to come there to hunt Scorpions and crocodiles (mainly) and bears, wolves, trolls occasionally.

As it is now: I checked the new steppe daily for over 2 weeks and untill today I found just 3 bisons in or near it, and some bears, deers, wolves. It looks totally deserted.

I did notice some weird spawnings (or better say concentrations) of bisons, deer, bulls, cows on 2 locations elsewhere on the server: just north of boppington (moving apparently from the west slopes of mount Exolus - o14/n14) and the north part of Port in the Storm (e12) (no clue where those come from).

What I mean to say is: spawnings on Exodus do not work as expected.

So I want to propose to the people that see Exodus as their home server how they think about resanding Skeleton Desert so it will be restored to its Old Glory and the spawning of stronger animals like scorpions and crocodiles is restored as well. And if you feel positive about this, are you willing to help reverting steppe back into sand. Over 20.000 tiles need to be changed back.

Please respond to this.

• Like 2

Not sure who deemed themselves the right to de-sand it in the first place without asking the community of exodus, as you said many hunters and even ones not here came to that desert for many years to hunt, I will help to re-sand it and my deed is not to far for supplies; hopefully the spawn did not get mess up in the process.

• Like 1

Sounds good to me, I can help.

I remember that a lot of hunters liked that desert and I'm always willing to help out the community.

• Like 1

Used to be a decent hunting spot and it is a shame to see what is happening to it, I will chip in and help.

• Like 1

Reading this makes me kinda sad really,.....

I live at Southern Xanadu ,... so it is kinda hard for me to hunt at all over here .... since it isnt as crowded with mobs as North Xanadu..

So im mainly hunting at Exodus since there where strong mobs to fight ,... so i could level my skills ,..and get enough meat to survive .

Also i have friends around in Exo ,... wich i visit in time when i get there ,...

This is kinda messed up ,..

I hope this could be restored as it whas ,...

Wish you guys the best of luck restoring this ,.... will be kinda big project

Greetz Scorpio

• Like 1

+1 , Skeleton Desert was good for hunting , and train Fighting ,  I want help

You "hunters" should realize, if you actually went out hunting like you say, bison are worth more fight skill, meat, hide, natty substances, and basically everything else under the sun for you then scorps.  Crocus spawn on the steppe as well,  and he'll horses are good for weapon skills.  This preen anger that "veteran" hunters are losing anything is hilarious.  Just call it what it is, your too autistic to accept change anywhere on your precious servers so you come hand over fist to the insufferable  veterans to help the autism attacks.  It's childish that you can't let someone use the area when non of you even live there except broc.  Four people have moved on to other games, and that's just the people around I've met in my time on exo, because of him and his short bus buddies.  All of you should be ashamed foe assisting these manchildren in there endeavour.   Rolf asks why the game is bleeding out and you should know that it is because of people like yourselves and your illusionary "great" community.  

• Like 2

I am glad you responded, Mike.

I am not so happy with the words you choose to use though, cause ultimately they will tell others more about who you are and what you are then about who I am or what I am.

But first, lets talk about the desert. What we want, is a desert that touches us, a desert that reaches out for us, a desert that thrills us, a desert that dares us, a desert that surprises us. The desert should not be an easy walk-over. We want the desert to give us just a fraction of the sensation we felt the first weeks we entered Wurm, for many of us years ago. The sense of danger, excitement, lost by gaining skills and knowledge and years of playing Wurm.

Second, lets talk about bisons, those big, brown, dull, massive animals that are so profitable (true). There is no excitement in those, since they are big, brown, dull and ultimately boring. Changing the desert into a steppe with lots of those would mean changing the desert into a massive Buffalo Bill abbatoir. And that we dont want to happen.

Thirdly, lets talk about you, Mike, Emperor of the Holy Broman Empire. Since you started talking about us, I feel free to talk about you and your empire.

Where is the Glory, where is the Grandeur? Where is your Glory, emperor? Is there much glory in a capital city with single-floor roofless buildings? In a capital that is well over 40% a farm? Purpose over Joy? Efficiency over Beauty?

Why do you keep trying to drag everything down to your own level?

Take your time to think this over, Mike.

Hmmm... all was good until the last response Brocules. I was pretty unbiased about it and was already thinking of helping out, but what response is that? I was logging in alts and equipting them with shovels, but now i wont.

After 70 FS there is no excitment on most of the creeps. I live next to the N desert(on the edge) and tbh crocodiles and scorpions are bad hunting. I wont turn the desert into steppe but i still think its bad hunting. The desert is an easy walk-over and tbh it might even take longer to kill a bison then scorpion and crocodile. BIsons + horses+ HH-ses are a good skillgain for noobs in FS and for everyone in wepskill aso adding the much needed meat and different alchemy incredients + leather. I cannot say i condone changing an area to steppe but i cannot really tolerate the attitude you have.

And telling that desert is better for hunting then steppe... is a big fat lie. In all purpouses after 50+ FS for anyone steppe is might better then desert. All in all i do understand both sides, but please stay polite and think about the overall good. Are there many people around that area(active)? What do they think? What would the creatures they want to hunt? I do not know that area and no idea which deeds are there so i cannot really say which way it should go, but i am not joining you Brocules. Just because how you responded to Mike?. You lost some respect from me.

I see this topic as chance for both sides to do this thing right way, either would it be steppe or sand. You should all know better then myself that Skeleton Desert has long been community hunting area. That desert was changed without anyone asking about community opinion.

Lets not bring emotions into this and please stay on topic. If anyone wants their opinion to count please use your real accounts and not forum alts.

• Like 1

This is not mike, and I do not understand why you push off everything onto him.  Its Gringal.  As for the words I chose  to use, if the shoe fits. 

Lets continue about the desert, you do not hunt it, the people who used to hunt it do not hunt it anymore either, I was the one killing the mobs there every day, and leaving them for you to butcher, well me and mike and our group.  We live there, in south exo.  as a matter of fact we live closer to the part that is now steppe, because we made it that way when we AGREED THAT THE NORTH PART OF THE DESERT WOULD BE STEPPE, but i see that you decided to leave that out of your "complaint".  the southern part of the desert will still be there, and we left the coastal northern part alone. 

Lets look into the lack of spawn from your original "complaint",  as of right now the steppe is not spawning well because most of it is still dirt, we are planting grass every day to make the steppe come in faster but this is a tedious task and anyone would not want to do it for long, the steppe does not magically spread all over the dirt in a matter of hours of it getting done.  I am working on getting it done so people can hunt there soon enough, there is going to be a transition period, nothing I can do about that. 

Now lets address the bison. You sit here and speak for this group of people who do not live in south exodus, do not hunt in south exodus, and by default do not represent the "we" of south exodus.  Your few villagers are the same in number as our group more or less, so as painful as it may be for you to accept, we get equal claim in the consideration of what goes on near where we live.  I said it in my last post, you have driven out anyone who is not part of your "clique" from south exo in the past, some going to WU because they dont want to deal with your buffoonery, some out to other games.  I am not going to sit here and let you try to pull the same bull.

As I stated, you already agreed to split the desert, I have the logs for it.  You are now trying to pull in other people from other parts of exo, as well as other servers, because you agreed to terms and want to go back on them, but surprise surprise, you do not tell them you agreed to let us have the land north of the line in the desert, as well as you dont ask US to renegotiate where the line is if you feel its too little, you just plan on making a big scene on the forums for some form of sympathy.  

Man up, and talk to me. I am tired of having to find out about these cowardly accusations from people who browse the forums.

Logging started 2015-12-04
[04:04:52] <Brocules> hi
[04:04:59] <Brocules> can we talk sense now?
[04:07:03] <Gringal> im making a line, you keep your desert in the south im making steppe in the north
[04:07:08] <Gringal> simple as that
[04:07:24] <Brocules> just my thought
[04:10:10] <Brocules> you wanna keep on to that line you just drawed?
[04:10:23] <Gringal> thats what im doing
[04:10:46] <Brocules> ok with me

• Like 1

I honestly don't play enough to support either side on this subject, but I have to comment that you are winning no argument with me by using Autism as an insult towards anyone.  As is stated a plethora of times in the forums when disagreements about land usage erupt....if you don't have it deeded, you cannot control it.  I hope yall can come to a reasonable and peaceful solution to the issue.

• Like 2

Thank you Uisge. That insults go on and on. I've been in Black Pearl for less then 2 months and I've seen it several times.

Now that we know who you are Melzen we will speak to you. That agreement was made on one big fat lie, just to use Wulfgarrs words. That lie was that you intended to convert desert because you want to hunt bisons there. Your only purpose was to grief Broc and Griffith provided proof:

Methshot
Methshot
come join muh village on Exodus we turning a desert into a steppe just because we can

irc.rizon.net join #HBE
go to qchat.rizon.net and use the interface there if you cannot into IRC otherwise
2 days ago
Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead
to join the village go to www.wurmonline.com, register for a free account, skip the tutorial (or not, it's srs useful info for the game) and spawn on exodus in the freedom cluster.
2 days ago
Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm
we're not turning a desert into a steppe because we can

we're turning a desert into a steppe because we like ruining autist lives
2 days ago
Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

You call that community project?

And there's autism thing again. Gringal, you think it's funny when autism "kicks in"? Takes special type of cruel to enjoy ruining lives of autists.

You dropped the deed in that part of Skeleton Desert naming it R.I.P Desert, mayor of that deed is Tenglemepeck. Now that is really mature. Yeah, name of that deed is just in purpose to promote steppe and hunting? Nice alliance and empire, btw. Three deeds of yours including RIP Desert.

Friends leaving you is not Brocs fault. You are so full of anger and you can't do anything right: griefing, trolling Brocs recruitment post, your deeds, not even turning desert into steppe. So maybe it's your fault for friends leaving you. And I can't blame them for leaving you.

Turning to community is not to gain their sympathy. It's how it should be done. It's not true only you hunt there, I've seen in local many names. It is community hunting area yet you never asked of community opinion. This can't be only yours decision since this will be model for all other griefers on all other servers. Be it community chooses steppe or sand, we will honor that opinion.

And there's huge steppe (Badlands on community map) just 5 minute ride from you. Last time I was there, there was dozens of bisons (in herds) and hellhorses. Next time I went there I didn't even made it there since I spend more then an hour hunting just around Blackburn Estate on my way to Badlands.

To be honest gringal most likely picked that word up from seeing it so much when we raid jk deeds, seems to be a word they like to use when naming long houses.

1 hour ago, Alke said:

Thank you Uisge. That insults go on and on. I've been in Black Pearl for less then 2 months and I've seen it several times.

Now that we know who you are Melzen we will speak to you. That agreement was made on one big fat lie, just to use Wulfgarrs words. That lie was that you intended to convert desert because you want to hunt bisons there. Your only purpose was to grief Broc and Griffith provided proof:

Methshot
Methshot
come join muh village on Exodus we turning a desert into a steppe just because we can

irc.rizon.net join #HBE
go to qchat.rizon.net and use the interface there if you cannot into IRC otherwise
2 days ago
Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead
to join the village go to www.wurmonline.com, register for a free account, skip the tutorial (or not, it's srs useful info for the game) and spawn on exodus in the freedom cluster.
2 days ago
Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm
we're not turning a desert into a steppe because we can

we're turning a desert into a steppe because we like ruining autist lives
2 days ago
Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

You call that community project?

And there's autism thing again. Gringal, you think it's funny when autism "kicks in"? Takes special type of cruel to enjoy ruining lives of autists.

You dropped the deed in that part of Skeleton Desert naming it R.I.P Desert, mayor of that deed is Tenglemepeck. Now that is really mature. Yeah, name of that deed is just in purpose to promote steppe and hunting? Nice alliance and empire, btw. Three deeds of yours including RIP Desert.

Friends leaving you is not Brocs fault. You are so full of anger and you can't do anything right: griefing, trolling Brocs recruitment post, your deeds, not even turning desert into steppe. So maybe it's your fault for friends leaving you. And I can't blame them for leaving you.

Turning to community is not to gain their sympathy. It's how it should be done. It's not true only you hunt there, I've seen in local many names. It is community hunting area yet you never asked of community opinion. This can't be only yours decision since this will be model for all other griefers on all other servers. Be it community chooses steppe or sand, we will honor that opinion.

And there's huge steppe (Badlands on community map) just 5 minute ride from you. Last time I was there, there was dozens of bisons (in herds) and hellhorses. Next time I went there I didn't even made it there since I spend more then an hour hunting just around Blackburn Estate on my way to Badlands.

here comes this again the holy 4chan thread post.  Surprise surprise on an anonymous image board someone posted something that supports your case!  O lordy lordy the bad man made this guys we swear he did!  It was not us trying to frame someone we swear! trust us this anonymous image board post is legitimate!   oh wait the only thing ever posted on an imageboard for recruitment by  me is still up let me take a look see shall I? http://8ch.net/wurm/res/95.html  look at that amazing its still there! And there is no vitriol in it at all?  Amazing. 

Also, >using 4cuck