Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

News #90 It's Waiting...

header.png

Christmas is coming! And with that is end of year celebrations with my favourite people, Wurmians! This weeks updates have seen better newbie weapons (Reports are that pheasants are contacting their union) as well as priest spell keybinds, which have been a much desired addition. But something is stirring in the depths of Xanadu....

Spoiler

December 16, 2015

A bug with casting spells using keybinds was fixed.
    Plotted courses no longer clear when the commander changes.
    Chair names now display properly.
    Fixed issue with unloading boats, which couldn’t be unloaded anymore.
    Made it so you may not ninja loot your own corpse when enemies are around in PvP.

December 14, 2015    

Bug Fix: No longer able to pick up or load an occupied chair.
    Bug Fix: You stand up from your chair when disconnecting.
    Bug Fix: Chairs can no longer be driven due to weird circumstances.
    Added safeguard for plot course allowing a person to swim across when their boat transfers without them.
    Bug Fix: Renaming chairs works and keeps the vehicle-like display.
    Grammar fixed on some special moves.
    Disabled turning ON PvP Travel Blocking while embarked on a boat as a passenger.
    Fix for new player kingdom being wrong when spawning on the Chaos server.
    Added SACRIFICE, MEDITATE, LOAD_CARGO and UNLOAD_CARGO binds
    Keybinds for spells have been added. The names of the binds will be the same as the spell name in most cases (where spaces are replaced with underscores). The bindings can also be set up from the ‘Options’ within the client, in the ‘Keybindings’ tab
    FILET key bind added

December 11, 2015    

New players now start with a long sword and leather armour in order to get a better chance of survival and discovering the game instead of ragequitting due to being owned by a pheasant.
    Fixed incorrect butchered cooked meat weight.

Xanadu Treasure Hunt

As the year draws to a close, Vali and Enki have reported uncovering something in the depths of Xanadu. Little exploring has been possible as those who enter rarely return sane, though what we have gathered so far is this is by far the largest and most expansive labyrinth seen. We need your help unearthing the mysterys of this place and solving the ancient puzzle. To help with this, portals will be placed at ALL Xanadu spawn locations, as well as the impalong. The prize pool has been increased, with participation prizes as well as a unique achievement to mark a year of these hunts. So get your maps, your food and water, and prepare yourself!

Impalongs!

The xanadu impalong is already underway this weekend, with an amazing monument to Oracle, check out the impalong info here http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/132069-nw-xan-impalong/

As well as milosanx's video if it here! https://youtu.be/-NjMBzAp37U

The independence Christmas impalong is also kicking off this weekend, with games (including the famed Deal or no Deal hosted by none other than Gumbo!) I'll be showing up, and trying my hand at a few games too, so be sure to check that out and take a picture with your favourite Community Relations Coordinator!

Social Media Comp!

Our Facebook and Twitter giveaway finishes today, with the winners being sent a Steam key for Wurm Unlimited. The winners were notified via direct message, so make sure you check your messages to see if you won!

News Hiatus

As the next two fridays are Christmas Day and New Years Day, we will most likely be not doing our regular news posts. We look forward to coming back in 2016 after the holiday period.

Weekly screenshot

I happened to stumble across this when visiting the Xanadu Impalong, a beautiful monument for Oracle, who played with the owners of this deed, it's amazing what players can make, and we cannot wait to see what the new year brings!

Screenshot.jpg

That's it for this week and indeed for 2015, it's been a crazy year, and I for one am looking forward to what 2016 brings for Wurm Online. Until then, keep on Wurming!
Retrograde and the Wurm Online team.

• Like 37

What an awesome looking monument. I haven't seen this in Wurm before. Very nicely done.

• Like 5

that picture doesn't do the monument justice, it really is magnificent close up :)

• Like 3

The monument shows up in Milo's video around 5:00

So awesome. Whitefall also has a darn fine castle vibe.

• Like 1

Those who haven't seen this monument should know that this is a rare statue and shimmers all over very visibly. Magnificent.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Retrograde said:

New players now start with a long sword and leather armour in order to get a better chance of survival and discovering the game instead of ragequitting due to being owned by a pheasant.

Nice change, I've always thought newbies should start out with at least a longsword. Seeing that a 5ql shortsword was generally as useless as udders on a bull.

Happy holidays everyone!

• Like 1

I like the addition of  your own flair in writing style to the news updates.  Great screenshot of impalong colossus.  Hats off to brandonsf, chiqa, cecci and others in that alliance for doing a nice job, many are talking about the impalong location with exclaim.

Edited by Bloodscythe
  • Like 1

Really another labyrinth? I hope its filled with rabid reindeers...

Thanks Retrograde for putting up a picture of the monument for Oracle. He deserves the honor. 

I have been getting so many compliments on how I designed Whitefall so I will be making a video tour of it in the future.

Merry Christmas to all and RIP Oracle,

• Like 1

Whoever created the Monument - it's breathtaking. One suggestion: Place a BSB and a sign nearby for people to place flowers when they visit...

• Like 2

That monument is amazing! Happy holidays everyone! Won't be around much for the next month or so since I'm moving and then going on a business trip. Be back in February full force though! 

• Like 1

I still waiting for some #80- oldies. Ppl who create changelogs should be kickban for trolling