Sign in to follow this  
Wolfram

The Great Wurm Anthem Competition

We have had 3 rousing anthems composed for the people of Wurm by Joss Sanglier. One for Jenn Kellon, one for Mol-Rehan and one for the Horde of the Summoned

But we need words! And that is where you come in.

We have created a competition for ALL players of Wurm Online to write lyrics for the anthems. We will pick three winners - one for each anthem - and what do they win?

6 Months Premium Time

20 in-game Silver

The title of Renowned Bard

Each pack contains the full orchestral anthem, a simple piano version for you to work to and instructions with dummy lyrics to help you get it right. Remember, the lyrics MUST fit the music.

But you better get on with it! The competition closes on the 31st of May 2008.

Note:

Please do NOT enter by posting on the forums. Your entry will not be considered. Please enter using the official form.

You must enter using your Primary account only. Both Free to Play (Basic) and Premium players can enter.  You can enter for all three anthems, but please, only one entry for each.

The Judges decision will be final. The competition will be judged by a panel made up from the owners, GMs, CMs and Developers of Wurm Online

Good luck!

The Great Wurm Anthem Competition is now closed!

And a great big Wurmian thank you to all who have entered!

I now have to ask for your patience. I have a lot of these to go through before I can present them to the Judging Panel and I do have a full time job to do as well!

For you interest, here is the process (for those who missed my last post):

Firstly, I will sort through all the lyrics and discard all the lyrics that simply don't fit. However, you will have noticed in the rules that I have the right to change lyrics if needed, so any that are "close enough" will make it through this stage!

Second, I will check as much as I can for copyright - just incase any one has simply posted someone else's work. This is difficult to check, though when you signed off your lyrics you agreed to take the liability for any copyright infringement or anything libellous, and were confirming that the work was originated by yourself.

Once I have a list of lyrics that will go through to judging, I will then replace the player names with numbers. The Judges will never know who they are voting for (and I wont be one of the final judges).

I will then record the winning lyrics (making any changes to make sure they fit properly at this stage)

And then we will announce the winners.

As you can appreciate, not the quickest process ever! So please be patient.

All the best