Sign in to follow this  
zigozag

Loading non-empty containers

Could you allow us load and unload containers such as chests, coffers and coffins without epmtying them, please?

I don't see how a chest with items inside is different from a crate apart from the size and weight, which are both much less for a chest. Taking all the stuff out may get very annoying sometimes, when you don't have enough space in inventory or in the transport and it doesn't really make sense. My guess is this feature is here since before the bulk containers were added, but now we can easily load crates which weight tons, so i assume the time to change this behaviour has come.

Edited by zigozag
  • Like 2

Well loading someones locked chest might become a problem. All in all it really isnt a problem to empty it for the time of leading, so i really don´t see the need for it. If we are talking about crates, sure, but for chests, coffers and so on.. i would personally -1.

Well, the permission check is already here, you can't load an empty locked chest anyway. But the need to empty your own chest before loading is stupid and irritating.

• Like 1

I suppose this would (maybe not ?) affect chests locked before the new permissions?
Those could then easily be shipped of to Chaos to be picklocked if I understand this right.

I would somewhat +1 this thou as I have experienced shipping off things to another server.
Unloading at dock and then not beeing able to take the chest on the cart due to the key beeing left behind on the first server.

This was before the new permissons thou.

Edited by Cecci
edited to add (maybe not ?)

I fixed the OP a little bit. This is nothing about locked or unlocked, i only suggest to allow loading of chests with stuff inside.

Edited by zigozag

23 minutes ago, Juvlar said:

Not Wurm.

How so?

I get kind of annoyed that I can't load a barrel of water even though I can hold it in my inventory. Why not allow this?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Juvlar said:

Not Wurm.

gotta love the butthurt flowing here