Sign in to follow this  
joedobo

[ABANDONED] Loading Unchained.

This mod removes many of the restriction related to loading/unloading items and it changes how you can interact with those items once they are loaded into something. Below the dotted line is the original post where I asked what folks may want. 

:Required:
Ago's WurmServerModLauncher. https://github.com/ago1024/WurmServerModLauncher/releases

Most resent tested WU version 1.1.1.1

:Install:
*Get one of the archive releases and unpack it into the mods folder. The folder path should look something like this: ~Steam\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server\mods

*Releases are at github: https://github.com/Joedobo27/loadingunchainedmod/releases/latest

* See "loadingunchainedmod.properties" file to set options.

Edited by joedobo
  • Like 3

To go along with your #1 - allow loading and unloading of nonempty BSBs and FSBs

• Like 2

Can we add ability to put/remove things inside a large magical chest when it is loaded on a cart/wagon/ship?

I can see using a bed on board the larger ships or maybe a wagon, but don't know about the smaller boats or carts.

1 hour ago, Nappy said:

Can we add ability to put/remove things inside a large magical chest when it is loaded on a cart/wagon/ship?

I know on my server we can already due this.

6 minutes ago, Romen said:

I can see using a bed on board the larger ships or maybe a wagon, but don't know about the smaller boats or carts.

All things will have individual optional toggles so you can disable it for your server.

lol, I actually want to figure out how to load stuff into a dragged vehicle. I better add that to the list.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, joedobo said:

Note, loading animals into a vehicle is beyond what I can do at this point. If someone wants to add a new item to the game that lets us convert a Creature-type entity to an Item-type then we likely could load that new "item" into whatever.

Just a thought. You can hitch animals to tents, can you not "hitch" animals to a ship?

creaturesonwater is a mod that I think already does that. It's in the mods section.

Joedobo, have you looked at the external volume of the bsb and how rolf made them so large you could barely fit 2 or 3 of them in a knarr?

37 minutes ago, Drpox said:

Joedobo, have you looked at the external volume of the bsb and how rolf made them so large you could barely fit 2 or 3 of them in a knarr?

It should be 4. I guess I didn't notice this as I increased the inside size of my containers by about 16 times. Maybe I should make a mod to max out the internal size (what I believe to be max anyway) of a few important containers: bsb, fsb, all boats, all vehicles, forge, and oven. Making all containers big caused issues regards to filling liquid containers. They end up adding as much water as you can carry and this isn't good for say water skins. I didn't like it for imping water either.

31 minutes ago, joedobo said:

It should be 4. I guess I didn't notice this as I increased the inside size of my containers by about 16 times. Maybe I should make a mod to max out the internal size (what I believe to be max anyway) of a few important containers: bsb, fsb, all boats, all vehicles, forge, and oven. Making all containers big caused issues regards to filling liquid containers. They end up adding as much water as you can carry and this isn't good for say water skins. I didn't like it for imping water either.

I would love a revised mod that accomplish's exactly what your talking about.  The water skin with 200kg of water is abet much.  Side note is the Jars stayed at 2kg of water.

Would there be any way to make it so when on a wagon as a driver you see clip through of the cotton top. I don't like the visual reduction much.

I am asking this here because I think that if your basically working toward making something like a wagon being a mobile deed this would be a useful part of the travel experience.

Edited by Crustyfoot

1 hour ago, Crustyfoot said:

Would there be any way to make it so when on a wagon as a driver you see clip through of the cotton top. I don't like the visual reduction much.

I am asking this here because I think that if your basically working toward making something like a wagon being a mobile deed this would be a useful part of the travel experience.

You'd change the graphics model in the client and I don't know how to do that. I too don't like the wagon's cotton top. I saw somewhere that someone had made a wagon model without a cover. To be honest I made my large cart hold lots so there is no reason for me to even use the wagon. 

On 12/18/2015 at 0:45 PM, joedobo said:

You'd change the graphics model in the client and I don't know how to do that. I too don't like the wagon's cotton top. I saw somewhere that someone had made a wagon model without a cover. To be honest I made my large cart hold lots so there is no reason for me to even use the wagon. 

Well then, I sure am looking forward to that. :-) The large cart mobile deed that is.

Edited by Crustyfoot

I'd actually like to see a mod that allows you to walk around the ship. Not unceremoniously dumped into the water under the ship when you exit the commanders position. Exit the helm and walk across the deck to the gangway and disembark with some dignity.

It's a ship FFS, not a rowboat where you jump over the side to get off it.

I'd also like to see rowboats being loaded onto ships. The ship anchors in deep water and the rowboat ferries goods and passengers to it before the rowboat is hauled back on board prior to starting the journey. Who jumps off a ship and swims to shore every time it docks?

Edited by tryst49
spelling

This would require alot of coding (considering how little they have actually touched on collision and boats). Probably wont be on alot of people agendas until other things are improved upon / fixed, due to it being such a large feature.

Rowboats loaded into larger ships is working now.

I like the idea of walking around on a ship. It's what would be necessary to make floating deeds, a "house boat" if you will. Although, all that isn't related to loading and unloading.

Sorry this is taking so long. I'm currently on beds. These have been the hardest part so far. Wurm has a bunch of code that aims to force their use only inside buildings. That and bytecode alteration has been difficult. 

1 hour ago, joedobo said:

Rowboats loaded into larger ships is working now.

I like the idea of walking around on a ship. It's what would be necessary to make floating deeds, a "house boat" if you will. Although, all that isn't related to loading and unloading.

Sorry this is taking so long. I'm currently on beds. These have been the hardest part so far. Wurm has a bunch of code that aims to force their use only inside buildings. That and bytecode alteration has been difficult. 

Would it cause a lot of problems if someone were to just code there own sleep routine? is there anyway to increment the sleep bonus without eating the sleep powder or sleeping in a bed the way it is vanilla?

If you could just write your own this could even open the opportunity to allow sleeping at tents.

@ sleep in tent, wagon, boat, etc...

at a brief glimps, This might be as simple as adding a "bed" ItemTypes flag (110) to the array in the ItemTemplateCreator for objects you want sleep to appear on.

Instead of trying to recode a new sleep routing, I'd look at what defines the action entry that adds "sleep" to the right click menu. And attempt to change that code so it recognizes more objects as things to add the sleep options too. As I said above, it looks like changing the ItemTypes flag might work.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, joedobo said:

@ sleep in tent, wagon, boat, etc...

Instead of trying to recode a new sleep routing, I'd look at what defines the action entry that adds "sleep" to the right click menu. And attempt to change that code so it recognizes more objects as things to add the sleep options too. As I said above, it looks like changing the ItemTypes flag might work.

Sounds like a good idea. Then maybe you can just assume that a large ship would already have beds or bunks to sleep on.

• Like 1

Now all you need is the ability to effectively add a guard tower to your wagon or ship so you have npc guards to protect your caravan :)

1 minute ago, Romen said:

Now all you need is the ability to effectively add a guard tower to your wagon or ship so you have npc guards to protect your caravan :)

lol, How about have the ability to lead a tower guard off with a rope like an animal. be allowed to hitch it to the back of a wagon. :-) A bit silly but what a fun topic this is.

Now Alpha and added download links to get the mod.

for Ago's modloader v0.14-beta1 and Steam beta branch as of 1/9/2016.

Edited by joedobo

Hello Joedobo,

Latest patch done by Code club broke one part of your mod, ie you cannot add things to a bsb inside a cart/boat.  You can still load and unload the BSBs even with items in them.  Just giving you a heads up. 

yea. I'll fix it soon. All those "0" are things that got broken. This mod breaks so easy. I guess that's cost of byte code changes.

[08:13:52 AM] INFO com.Joedobo27.WUmod.LoadingUnchainedMod: found and replaced 0 indexed byte code lines in moveToItem
[08:13:52 AM] INFO com.Joedobo27.WUmod.LoadingUnchainedMod: found and replaced 1 indexed byte code lines in loadCargo
[08:13:52 AM] INFO com.Joedobo27.WUmod.LoadingUnchainedMod: found and replaced 1 indexed byte code lines in unloadCargo
[08:13:52 AM] INFO com.Joedobo27.WUmod.LoadingUnchainedMod: found and replaced 0 indexed byte code lines in getLoadUnloadActions
[08:13:52 AM] INFO com.Joedobo27.WUmod.LoadingUnchainedMod: found and replaced 0 indexed byte code lines in addBedOptions
[08:13:52 AM] INFO com.Joedobo27.WUmod.LoadingUnchainedMod: found and replaced 8 indexed byte code lines in addBedOptions
[08:13:52 AM] INFO com.Joedobo27.WUmod.LoadingUnchainedMod: found and replaced 0 indexed byte code lines in askSleep
[08:13:52 AM] INFO com.Joedobo27.WUmod.LoadingUnchainedMod: found and replaced 0 indexed byte code lines in askSleep
[08:13:52 AM] INFO com.Joedobo27.WUmod.LoadingUnchainedMod: found and replaced 0 indexed byte code lines in sleep
[08:13:52 AM] INFO com.Joedobo27.WUmod.LoadingUnchainedMod: found and replaced 0 indexed byte code lines in sleep
[08:13:52 AM] INFO com.Joedobo27.WUmod.LoadingUnchainedMod: found and replaced 0 indexed byte code lines in mayUseBed
[08:13:52 AM] INFO com.Joedobo27.WUmod.LoadingUnchainedMod: found and replaced 4 indexed byte code lines in moveToItem
[08:13:52 AM] INFO com.Joedobo27.WUmod.LoadingUnchainedMod: found and replaced 0 indexed byte code lines in startFire
[08:13:52 AM] INFO com.Joedobo27.WUmod.LoadingUnchainedMod: found and replaced 0 indexed byte code lines in setFire