Sign in to follow this  
Amadee

Please give us a set of instructions for this new forum. Especially quoting.

I know I'm not the only one having issues with this.  It's all as clear as mud.  When quoting someone, it used to be a simple matter to clip it so the part you're responding to is what's left.  It also used to be a simple matter to highlight something and making it bold or changing the color.

With this new forum:

-Trying to put the curser anywhere in the quoted area, besides the beginning of the first line, results in the entire quote being highlighted.

-Hitting delete at the beginning of the first line will delete the entire line. 

-Can't delete a partial line.

-Can't move the cursor forward on a line.

I know it can be done somehow because I've seen people doing it.  Same for making a part of the quote bold, among other things.  I've seen it done but I'll be damned if I can figure out how to do it.

If someone could post a set of instructions somewhere, I and many others I've seen complaining about it would be very grateful.

Odd, I just tried each one of the things you described and came across no issues in editing quoted content...

• Like 1

Weird.  :(

And I've seen others complaining of having a problem with this.  So I wonder then if it's something to do with my browser?   Or maybe something with one or more of the blockers I use. 

Does this new forum try to use things that Pop-up blockers and/or Canvas Fingerprint blockers would be objecting to?  Or is it using the hidden Flash (tracking) Cookies that people don't know they're getting everywhere and need special programs to block?

Edited by Amadee

39 minutes ago, Shrimpiie said:

Odd, I just tried each one of the things you described and came across no issues in editing quoted content...

probably depends which browser you use, I used Chrome to bold/color/edit Shrimpies post. 

My personal firum frustration is in posting a forum link, which ends up with a inset of the first post in the thread (which sometimes has nothing to do with what I cam citing) not the one further down that I was actually linking, and when I try to "remove formatting" I get a popup that I need to paste the content into a special content box ... which works unless I hit Enter twice afterwards (for spacing purposes)  and then it becomes once more a boxed inset of the first post in that thread all over again, which I had just spent several minutes trying to get rid of.. 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Hmm. I'm using Firefox.  Haven't used Chrome in a long time.  May reinstall it just to see if that's it.  This has got me really baffled now.

7 minutes ago, Amadee said:

Hmm. I'm using Firefox.  Haven't used Chrome in ....  a long time.  May reinstall it just to see if that's it.  This has got me really baffled now.

Testing now with Firefox (but not a recent version) so it might be some content app you have installed on Firefox? I think this is version "30" and they are now on version "43"

In any case, I still struggle with some issues of the new forums :D maybe in a year I will be a "pro" (at which point I am sure they will simply change it again, hya!)

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Shrimpiie said:

The other day I had lost connection due to wind while replying on the forums. I went back to the thread the next day and my started reply was saved. I could delete everything but the quote. It didn't want to come out for anything. I couldn't find a cancel button. Hopefully, it will forget I never finished the post some day and it will go away. If I go back even now, it will be there waiting and it's long since been answered.

This was using Opera 33.0.

Edit: I see there is a Cancel and Save for edits. Just not posting.

Edited by Audrel

I miss being able to view the post as raw code, even bb code.

Is there any setting anywhere with which I can get the tabs to show the name of the post? Very akward to have a bunch of tabs with nothing but 'http://forum.wurmonl' on every single one of them...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kianga said:

Is there any setting anywhere with which I can get the tabs to show the name of the post? Very akward to have a bunch of tabs with nothing but 'http://forum.wurmonl' on every single one of them...

I can't believe that still isn't fixed, it only takes a few seconds. The title is already being loaded in the og:title meta property. All they need to do is duplicate that property and call it 'title' instead of og:title

<meta property="og:title" content="Please give us a set of instructions for this new forum. Especially quoting.">

• Like 1