Sign in to follow this  
Ostentatio

Paintable floors, roofs, and bridges

Painting walls adds a lot to cosmetic options for structures, and being able to paint fences/parapets now is a really nice addition.

What about floors and roofs, though? And bridges? People use these all the time in constructing their buildings and their deeds, and options are rather limited when you can paint the walls of your building a certain color but not the floor or roof, or when you can paint a stone building except for the stone bridge used as part of the design.

I don't know if there are any technical reasons why doing this would be difficult, but it would certainly be a very nice thing to have!

Edited by Ostentatio
  • Like 3

I would also like a mod like this. I need it to paint the roofs for my grand shrines! Otherwise they don't match.

Edited by Roushi

+1

*Waits patiently for slate bridges because he doesn't think dye will cut it*

Somehow this seems to be the ONLY post on painting bridges?

Pretty please - let us paint bridges?
Floors and roofs I can survive (even though it would be nice to be able to paint at least wooden floors - its not hurting my designs that much).

But bridges now, thats a whole different story. I like to use bridges as a decorational element in my buildings, and sometimes paint walls. Only, as soon as I paint the walls, that bridge sticks out.

So I basically end up NOT painting walls that I want to paint, only cause the bridge design is more important than the color. But it makes the buildings flat. Would love to be able to add more color to deeds without dropping bridge designs.

Who is with me?

Keep it as it is, the world is already colourful enough.

-1 I would be really concerned about painting bridges being a thing, because ... well, imagine you have a bridge near your place and someone would decide to paint it a very unnatural ugly looking color like neon-pink or violet or neon green. And you would have to look at it if you want or not. Bridges are visible long distances and can destroy the look of a whole landscape. If people paint their deeds in strange colors well, you can always plant some high trees between you and your neighbor's place but not so with bridges.

Well, painting slate in black or a washed-out gray even makes for some really black cool walls. Not all paint is neon in color.

Off deed bridges could just be cleaned with a wire brush like anything else that's painted? 

Heck, limit it to on deed if we are afraid of color griefing= problem solved.

It's not like people don't paint things in horrible colors anyway, paintable bridges or not. I love the idea of freedom, it is a sandbox game after all. Are you guys arguing that we should remove dye altogether? 

Most of the dyes currently give a very "naturalistic", desaturated color, so I don't see making floors walls & bridges that bad, it's more of a color accent than a huge splash of neon color.

RYQ4eSr.png

My understanding is, we could not really do this in the past because the graphics engine would have a conniption fit, but now with the use of "shaders" it is supposed to be much less of a difficulty?

• Like 1

Floors - yes. Bridges and roofs - no.

-1 to painting bridges allllll the way. I really wouldn't like to see blindingly pink marble bridges. They should remain unpaintable for the same reason paving is unpaintable. It would look just bad.

Floors however - why not.