Sign in to follow this  
Meldichoir

Withdraw money through the mail

The spirits that inhabit the mailbox have no trouble accessing money from your bank account. It should be possible to use a mailbox in order to request for coins to be delivered to you by mail.

Just like the function of a foreign token, this will enable a mailbox to serve as a means to withdraw coins but not deposit. Unlike a token, the spirits would charge a fee and there would be a delay in the retrieval of coins.

-The spirits would not return coins to the bank
-Delivery would have to be received by the owner of the bank account
-The strength of the mailbox's enchantment would affect delivery time

This idea is a solution to the issue behind the topic in this thread: Merchants deduct funds from bank account

I think a chat command like /bank might be good and then you can withdraw or deposit money at anytime with a simple popup window.  (kind of like the /refer uses but for coins) 

Edit: I guess if they need to they can block accessing items in a bank using the command and only allow the access of coins.

Edited by Kegan

If it were as easy as a /command to draw and deposit coins, then it would be even easier to simply have all your money with you at any time. Why even bother handling coins at all? That would be more like a credit system (see the topic I linked for discussion on historical banknotes). 

By using "the spirits" which inhabit the mailbox, we maintain a sense of challenge. By removing the obstacle, we leave ourselves with a reduced sense of accomplishment.