Sign in to follow this  
ago

[RELEASED] Live Map

On 4/9/2018 at 0:10 AM, Batta said:

@bdew  One of my players just asked me to request that maybe the Live Map hax could also show settlement tokens at least, and fences and buildings too, ideally. Any chance of this?

That's way out of the scope of my little hax edition, and probably this mod in general (tho i'll let ago decide on that :P). 

I am having a problem getting live map working. I have steam installed on my E: drive as my C: drive is a ssd with limited space. after following the instructions to install the mod loader and the live map mod, it is not showing up in my esc menu. Any help would be much appreciated.

thanks

I get this message when I run the patcher.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>..\runtime\bin\java -classpath patcher.jar;javassist.jar org.gotti.wurmunlimited.patcher.PatchClientJar
The system cannot find the path specified.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

I figured it out. had to just run the patcher not run as admin. not sure why this happened but I am happy now. :)

Edited by dyerl3
more info added

I cant get livemap to work..... I messingup somewhere I am getting to wurmlauncher/ mod  and then patching and game wont load......

3 hours ago, alinicon said:

I cant get livemap to work..... I messingup somewhere I am getting to wurmlauncher/ mod  and then patching and game wont load......

While you wait for an expert, I can share a couple of things have happened to me like this, and maybe it will be helpful. 

One time, it turned out I had a mods folder inside the mods folder.  If that's happening to you, just take the livemap folder and livemap.properties file out of the 2nd mods folder and up one level to the proper one, then delete the extra mods folder. 

The other thing that sometimes happens is that you get a livemap folder in the right place but no .properties file.  In that case, take a look inside the livemap folder and see whether it has another livemap folder and the .properties file inside it. If so, move them up into the main mods folder and delete the extra one. 

Hi i have installed mod loader and livemap and all good but it will not Show hidden ore i have set this to true as you can see any help welcome thanks 

classname=org.gotti.wurmonline.clientmods.livehudmap.LiveHudMapMod
classpath=livemap.jar
sharedClassLoader=true
# Enable High-resolution map. This may cause issues on the top and bottom edges of the 3d map
# false: Display only a 128x128 map
# true: Display full 256x256 detailed area
hiResMap=true
# Show hidden ore (ore tiles not adjacent to a tunnel tile)
# false: Only ore next to tunnel tiles is revealed
# true: All ore is displayed
showHiddenOre=true

The public server may hide the undiscovered ore in the data it sends as an anti-cheat measure.

I am having an issue involving cave cladding.  I am using Bdew's hax version.

I clad a bunch of mine walls in my main mine.  Instead of showing as rock, they now show the pinkish color of mined out areas.  This makes navigating the mine with Live Map very confusing because it shows solid walls as being open and it appears to show more veins being accessible than really are.

There does not seem to be any setting in the properties file to change what color cladding shows up as.

Is there any way for cladding tiles to show up as either normal rock or as another color so it is clear where the walls are?

This is caused by the new types of reinforced walls and the fact that the default color is pink instead of dark_grey.  I would suggest a quick change making the default color be dark_grey, the same as the regular cave wall.  :)

If you want to get more detailed map colors, you'll need to add mappings for TILE_CAVE_WALL_SLATE_REINFORCED, TILE_CAVE_WALL_POTTERY_REINFORCED, etc.

I'm struggling with Maven on the new version of the client loader so I don't have a fixed jar yet.

Minor fyi: The "serversize" command to see ore QL is no longer recognised. (Not sure if this was registered by the mod or by WU itself.)

1 hour ago, Adambean said:

Minor fyi: The "serversize" command to see ore QL is no longer recognised. (Not sure if this was registered by the mod or by WU itself.)

It's only in my hax version.

• Like 1

You chaps are legends that keep on giving. What a community! Thanks. ?

Rock tile QL is not showing for me either.

This is really useful information so you can set aside tiles to mine for high QL shards, or to go back to later and Strongwall and re-mine.

So, I came here looking for a way to prevent the server from actually sending the data of undiscovered ores. And all I see is everyone saying that's it's possible.

I know people have done it, can anyone share with me the tool used to do this? Rather than just repeating that it can be done? 😜

@ZeraThe mod(s) you're looking for are here. WyvernMods includes an anti-cheat module, which has options to obfuscate ore data from the server to clients based on whether the player should be able to see the ore or not (also has options for showing ores based upon the player's prospecting skill). The whole collection of mods includes a lot of really neat features, definitely recommend checking it out.

Is there a way to bind opening and closing the live map? What is the action called for toggleing the map so i can bind it.

Thanks.