Sign in to follow this  
ago

[RELEASED] Live Map

I'm playing on a private server with a modded map. Sometimes the live map shows and sometimes it doesn't, there doesn't seem to be any logic as to why, it just seems random.

Nice that we now have the ability to view a minimap. Maybe a little more zoom out would be nice so we can see a little more of the terrain.

Also strange that Ago's client patcher worked like a charm but the server patcher still keeps refusing to patch so I still can't get the server mods to work on my server.

Edited by tryst49

The interface saves a flag if the map was visible. When you switch resolutions this flag is used to toggle the map. So if it is visible in the first resolution and the flag is set it will actually be hidden after changing the window size.

There is a flag that will allow one more zoom step with the risk of having incomplete 3D maps. More area data than that is not available to the client.

No idea what problems you have with the patcher

I think the new update screwed up the live map.  I don't see the toggle on the menu anymore.

4 minutes ago, Komimatsu said:

I think the new update screwed up the live map.  I don't see the toggle on the menu anymore.

Did you use the patcher.bat?

Must be used after every patch.

Stupidity got the better of me.  You'd think this was my first patch update.  *facepalm*

Edited by Komimatsu

On 12/15/2015 at 6:13 AM, elmonodara said:

server won't start with this mod on.

how do you manage to fix it?

6 minutes ago, ozmods said:

Is this client or server side? Thanks

Client 

Ok never mind then, thanks anyway...

i never got anything to work client side thats why i asked!

I've used the previous versions but after 1.3.1 and patcher.bat the Wurm client won't launch. I tried the whole process twice. Verified cache to start Wurm again.

Thank you for this mod. I got it working when I understood that a mods folder inside a mods folder really wasn't the way to arrange files

On my screen the 256x256 map window is about 2x2inches, tiny as hell! Perhaps it would please other users too, if we could optionally double the size of the window that shows the 256x / 128x maps.

Perhaps making it resizable, where the map scales rather than shows more area, would be nice. Just a thought. I know the gui stuff in java can be really ... interesting.

nevermind whups

Edited by Huntar

Just a small note of thanks, i had to re flatten my entire town again and your mod was immense help, it  helped me with border lines and such, so. A huge thanks, i could see my terraforming in real time, if i used create focus zone i could see where i was cutting it made life alot easier, 

cheers

Feature request: When at greater than one pixel to one tile (esp the cave renderer), a tile grid. It's a little tricky to line stuff up at distance by eyeballing it.

Is there away to have this mod show you uncovered veins?  I have come across some ppl who can see uncovered veins with this mod, but it doesn't show them for me.  Is there another mod? or something you have to edit?

2 hours ago, Keybz said:

Is there away to have this mod show you uncovered veins?  I have come across some ppl who can see uncovered veins with this mod, but it doesn't show them for me.  Is there another mod? or something you have to edit?

There is a version floating around, but it's not publicly available.

Changing the mod to do that is a no-brainer to anyone that can code. I could make a version that shows veins, for the sake of eliminating unfair advantage from those that already use it. I don't know what's ago's stance on that and don't want to step on any toes tho.

Here's the version that allows you to see uncovered veins/through walls:

LiveMap [Edited] (Google Drive)

I'm probably going to get absolutely slaughtered for posting it, but honestly it's deleting 3 lines. Anyone with basic programming knowledge who can decompile and recompile a program can do this. I see no reason to leave the people who are unable to code "out of the loop" I guess you could say.

• Like 4

I had this mod and it worked great right up until the 1.1.1.1 update, when it disappeared.  I re-uploaded and extracted all the files to WurmLauncher folder (same as before), ran patcher.bat, but it wouldn't return.  I'm not a techie, and can't imagine what I'm doing wrong.  Any hints?

Edited by Jennabutterfly
forgot to mention I had extracted

43 minutes ago, Jennabutterfly said:

I had this mod and it worked great right up until the 1.1.1.1 update, when it disappeared.  I re-uploaded and extracted all the files to WurmLauncher folder (same as before), ran patcher.bat, but it wouldn't return.  I'm not a techie, and can't imagine what I'm doing wrong.  Any hints?

Make sure you have the latest versions of both the mod and modlauncher. Make sure you actually ran the patcher (running it again just in case should be ok). If all else fails - there should be a client.log file in the client folder, that will show any errors that might cause it to not work. Upload it somewhere and i'll take a look.