Sign in to follow this  
DoctorAngus

Possible SOTG replacement

SOTG being nerfed thats a given.

Here's a suggestion:

Activate ability: Summons a shadow pet that fights for you,  While active, person takes 20% less damage, the 20% damage is transferred to the pet.  Any heals the person receives, the pet will take 20% of that heal to keep it alive but otherwise receives no AOE heal. 

If the pet does decent damage, it would be valuable.... plus with the idea of revamping pet system, this could be viable.   Also people would want to focus the pet down first since it wouldn't be as strong as the player and essentially giving the person a damage buffer.

• Like 2

what's better than all of the edgy-posting sure to happen attitudes is maybe ya know something logical

like just taking down the damage reduction

if it even is messed with

because insanity is made for pvp and is specifically for pvp as is every other path specific for their own purpose

I don't like this idea, plus it would probably screw up tame pets like the worg fix did meaning you can't even use hell horses anymore

and for a level 11 ability its kinda... silly.  20% is also really low, it'd entirely make insanity useless and people would pick some other path that gets labelled a meta until they complain for that to get nerfed too

Not OPed enough ;)

A shadow clone would make a nice sorcery ability though.

-1 rather just quit and let my accounts rot so they dont generate any more subscription payments for Rolf if this happens 

i post many stupid ideas, but this has got to be stupider then all of my damn ideas put together in one massive stupid idea.

• Like 2

A suggestion in the suggestion topic;

Since Insanity is about shouting random things, randomly teleport, randomly seeing things...Why don't you just make SoTg a random.

So a minimum of 30% up to a maximum of 50% taken off each hit and absorbed. The more hits you take the more the value increases/decreases...So after a 2 minute fight of being hit you'd be at 15% minimum and 35% maximum...This would come with a random cool down to restore back to the normal value depending on the amount it was decreased/increased. Let's say 5 hours of non PLAYER combat for it to restore. 

Monsters would have no effect. 

edit2: my values mean nothing, just examples. 

Edited by Mclovin

19 minutes ago, Mclovin said:

A suggestion in the suggestion topic;

Since Insanity is about shouting random things, randomly teleport, randomly seeing things...Why don't you just make SoTg a random.

So a minimum of 30% up to a maximum of 50% taken off each hit and absorbed. The more hits you take the more the value increases/decreases...So after a 2 minute fight of being hit you'd be at 15% minimum and 35% maximum...This would come with a random cool down to restore back to the normal value depending on the amount it was decreased/increased. Let's say 5 hours of non PLAYER combat for it to restore. 

Monsters would have no effect. 

edit2: my values mean nothing, just examples. 

Do we need even more RNG? I'm almost certain most people would be much happier with static values.
I don't think it's an awful idea, but not being able to tell the RNG part of it would probably be a bit annoying.