Sign in to follow this  
Reconix

[Request] - Real time Combat Overhall

I realize this would be a huge mod but it would be nice to have an improved combat system where we could right click to block an attack and maybe press CTRL to attack, doing things like shield bash could be bound to number keys, also instead of clicking the arrows for where to attack this could just be based off where you're standing. The list could go on for features and improvements but just having some basics for now would be nice.

Personally I feel it would improve the combat system a lot as the one we have at the moment seems turn based. Then again, I'm sure there's plenty of people out there that like it like that.

I did start the mod and sharply realized it might be beyond my skill level so thought I'd post here to see what others think and if it's actually worth trying to pull off.

2 hours ago, Reconix said:

I realize this would be a huge mod but it would be nice to have an improved combat system where we could right click to block an attack and maybe press CTRL to attack, doing things like shield bash could be bound to number keys, also instead of clicking the arrows for where to attack this could just be based off where you're standing. The list could go on for features and improvements but just having some basics for now would be nice.

Personally I feel it would improve the combat system a lot as the one we have at the moment seems turn based. Then again, I'm sure there's plenty of people out there that like it like that.

I did start the mod and sharply realized it might be beyond my skill level so thought I'd post here to see what others think and if it's actually worth trying to pull off.

Im in the process of redoing all the character models and combat animations.  Im about 50% using characters i had developed in 3DS.   Its just a process of (excuse the term) dummying down the poly counts and making it look fluid.   This would be easier just to use my skins and frames but im sure your characters love their custom looks in the character creation screen.   So im just changing the model frames.    Its a real pain in the butt!!!  

I plan to release this as a public MOD pack.   Right now best guess is 300MB zip file. 

Just a side note:   If your looking for Unreal or other modern 3d engine you'll never get the type of combat system i think your looking for as blocking..    etc..    Its more of a click based tactical combat system.  Im just making it look more fluid in movement.  

Edited by razoreqx
  • Like 1

Anything requiring such on-the-spot, fraction-of-a-second reaction times will not play nicely with Wurm's networking, frankly. It's just not all that feasible in a game that's only polling your character once every second or so.