Sign in to follow this  
Jinxx

Edit the default dieties directly (Names, spells, everything)

Is there anything out there that already does this or can someone point me to where it is so I can go tinker around with it myself? Thanks!

You can edit the database on your server. Change name of deity, gender etc. It workes.

Unfortunatly, some things are still wurm default...like if you build a colossus, it will still be named Colossus of Vynora.

Sorry for the slow reply.  I have made a little tool for editing the deity settings, it can be found here.  You do need my server launcher as well, since there are a few too many settings to be stored in a properties file.

It's a work in progress at the moment, but seems to do the job.  As well as the basic deity settings, you can also change which spells are available to which deities.  However, as Jukken says, quite a bit of the code related to deities is written in the code, and so can be more difficult to find and change.  If there are any specific things you'd like, that it currently doesn't manage, I'll see what I can do.

Ah awesome.

So could you do something like delete an entire diety? What about creating a new one?

They are both certainly on my to-do list, however it will be quite a big job so I haven't gotten around to it yet, sorry.

Hey no worries, what you have so far is amazing! Keep up the good work.