Sign in to follow this  
Darkbringer

break up the restrictions for priests on freedom servers

I found the concept of the priest great but wow not with this restrictions, its realy not playable.

Priests typically cannot do any of the following actions, with some exceptions. See the table below for details.

• Improve, continue or destroy/bash items, walls or structures, or repair structures. However they are permitted to create and plan items and structures.

WTF

it forces the players to make an alternative character if the trying being a priest, this is a total misconception on the freedom servers in my mind.

• Like 1

I guess people say that everyone will be a priest if you lift the restrictions but that is not true i dont think. I only have one priest and that is only out of necessity for repairing mines and i think many people are the same.

Even if you lift the crafting and building restrictions we will still need more then one character if you wanted different kinds of priests. I know this is probably not a popular opinion but i see no need in the skill gain, crafting and building restrictions either.  

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

Uhm, with no priest restrictions tell me one reason why wouldn't everyone be priests? What's the point in that?

• Like 1

The only one that it matters to is Rolf in more premium sales there is nothing stopping anyone from having a priest now other then the added cost.  I can understand why he would not want to make that change though because it would be a huge drop in income. 

• Like 1

While I would love to be able to priest my main , just for a few benefits, not for enchanting under this model Rolf needs as many prem accounts as he can get . 

• Like 1

On WU I am playing a character that is a priest with no restrictions as my main (and only needed) character. It is so refreshing to be able to play the game in a way that makes it enjoyable to just skill up one character instead of an army of alts.

The only real downside I have found is, like Kegan said, the reduction in the number of required premiums. This one character of mine replaces at least 5 characters in WO.

• Like 1

I've always thought that priests should still be able to do everything, but their "disallowed" skills/actions should be capped at 20.0 effective skill, without the ability to advance those skills past 20 (or some other low number).  I agree that a priest should not be a supercharacter that is great at everything, but they really shouldn't be so helpless.

Edited by Noizhead
  • Like 1

My whole problem with the restrictions is LIb can go on any pve server and grind all day long.

Everyone would be a priest.  Har har har   Anyone who is or has had a priest knows the grind needed to make them useful makes a combined avatar a joke.  No it is revenue.  Keep Lib on Chaos  until we can figure this out  har har har.

Priests are fine in WO. They are a utility mule. No need for them to be the boss really.

I main a priest with no alts, it's not that bad if you have friends. Hell, when there's a big mining project you can't contribute to - you can bring them tea and sandwiches!

A few buildings that never decay (due to a deed) later and I handle fine with little intervention. Even without an alliance that has my back, I'd be able to trade for the odd and end I need. Healing covers are probably the worst offender if anything, but getting life transfer fixed that.

• Like 1

There has to be some incentive not to go priest.

I don't know what that incentive is, but if you didn't have it - everybody would do it. Everyone.

What's the point of having priests at all if you're not going to impose restrictions?

There is one thing priest should be able to do for sure. Build their own house.  There are others i would like to see, but this is a very important one.  They are able to create all the materials needed other than mine for iron or gold. Mining could be another skill that should be allowed even if it involves a skill limit. 

7 hours ago, Lolabelle said:

There is one thing priest should be able to do for sure. Build their own house.  There are others i would like to see, but this is a very important one.

My priest can chip bricks faster than my main can build the house.  With the aid of my priest, I can build the house over 2x faster.  Seems balanced to me.

7 hours ago, Lolabelle said:

They are able to create all the materials needed other than mine for iron or gold. Mining could be another skill that should be allowed even if it involves a skill limit. 

Vynora priests should not be able to mine.

Nahjo priests should not be able to dig.

The restrictions are fine.  If you want to be a priest, be  priest.  If you want to be a main, be a main.  If you're hellbent on only having one premium toon?  Priest your main and grind channeling with 30 faith and then de-priest.

I disagree. The priests are fine the way they are. They offer benefits like spells that regular players don't get, so they must have some hindrances elsewhere.

If priests had no restrictions, everyone would be a priest. That's not what this game is about.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Valdor said:

I disagree. The priests are fine the way they are. They offer benefits like spells that regular players don't get, so they must have some hindrances elsewhere.

If priests had no restrictions, everyone would be a priest. That's not what this game is about.

This.

my WU server has no restrictions and there I like it, but I never, ever, want to see that on WO

a few less? Maybe. But none that I've seen I like really.

though I do agree missions for priest need...fixed or something.

• Like 1

-1, priests are fine as they are, as much as I like being a JOAT, the repercussions would not be good e.g. Trade would definitely be impacted by everyone and their alt being a coc spellmaster. 

On a separate note on priests I think each religion should however have a list of spells that is not a shared database of mixed and matched spells which do the same thing. For example I would like: Mag CoC - improves mining skillgain if cast on a pick, Fo CoC - improves Fishing skillgain if cast on a Fishing Rod and Vyn CoC improves wooductting skillgain on an Axe. 

On 14-12-2015 at 1:18 PM, Audrel said:

Priests are fine in WO. They are a utility mule. No need for them to be the boss really.

My alt crafter is an utility mule and Loren is a main priest. But epic might be different I dunno ;)

1 minute ago, LorenaMontana said:

My alt crafter is an utility mule and Loren is a main priest. But epic might be different I dunno ;)

Yeah, mine are more of a team. I guess in a sense my main is the mule because it does most of the work. Dalvea sits around an altar watching Audrel work unless I need ore, then Dalvea mines. I guess I consider the priest a mule because it doesn't need to move much and her main purpose is to hold things, pray and mine. Other than strongwalls when needed, I really don't even use it as a priest. I find it far easier to pay for a cast than to do it myself. Even with 52 channeling, my casts are crap if I don't shatter what I am trying to enchant. About the only decent casts I get are on mailboxes. As infrequently as I actually need a strongwall, on PvE, I find my priest to be an expense that really has no purpose. The worst enemy I have to worry about is a troll.

• Like 1

Not sure if it was said or not.. But how about to keep a bit of balance and not letting all priests able to do everything, how about only Mayor priests have the restrictions removed? Please comment pros and cons to this option as i didnt fully think this through. Just throwing out a suggestion.

17 minutes ago, MaurizioAM said:

Not sure if it was said or not.. But how about to keep a bit of balance and not letting all priests able to do everything, how about only Mayor priests have the restrictions removed? Please comment pros and cons to this option as i didnt fully think this through. Just throwing out a suggestion.

OK, so if I put down a 20x20 deed, I'm a mayor, and I'm a priest, so I can spend 1s a month upkeep to avoid 8s/month premium.

-1.... just, no.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2015 at 8:17 PM, Dairuka said:

There has to be some incentive not to go priest.

I don't know what that incentive is, but if you didn't have it - everybody would do it. Everyone.

Would this be a bad thing, though?

The argument against it used to be that Rolf didn't want everyone to have special abilities. However, since the addition of meditation, that argument doesn't really stick anymore.

The current trade offs are not working. The amount of people that main only a priest character and no others can probably be counted on a single hand. The way it is currently set up is that priests are relegated to being alts. They aren't rare or special. People just don't log them in unless they are necessary. This all screams terrible design, and the religious/magic system is in desperate need of a rework.