Sign in to follow this  
Benie

Search feature for finding stuff (especially looking through merchant items)

Ever have that time when you're looking in your coffin, trying to find that specific tool and wishing there was a way you could just type in what you're looking for, and it would narrow it down to that tool? Well, I think it's time to add a Search feature.

Especially for merchants, when you, say, are trying to find a sickle and you don't want to look through the entire list. Type "sickle" and it would only show sickles.

Though I'm sure this has been asked before, but no one's really mentioned it. So this is why I'm making this thread. Let me know what you think. Would it be too easy with this? Or would it be a good idea? I wanna hear your opinions (as long as they're constructive).

Edited by Benie

If you click on the window's top line, say on QL, first click sorts by QL from lower to higher, second click inverts that order.  Same goes for item's name (alphabetically/reversed), weight, and the ultrahandy "thing needed to imp it".

Enjoy =D

This is good to know, but what if you're looking for a sickle with a certain WoA or CoC value? This would be a good idea, no?

Also, your idea above doesn't work on items such as pelts. With a search item, type "pelt" and it would show all of the pelts you own (or with a merchant that has a few pelts but a bunch of other items, and you just want to look at the pelts).

Edited by Benie

Oh don't get me wrong...  +1

Does help if you rightclick that same top line and "expand all" before sorting.  But yeah, not optimal compared to your suggestion, specially if sorting by name.