Sign in to follow this  
Bekador

Santa Claus in Wurm Unlimited ?

Hello,

every year around RL christmas Santa Claus visits the lands of Wurm Online and gives presents to the premium players. It that possible in Wurm Unlimited? Since there is no crafting recipe for it we want Santa to give out spy glasses to every player on our WU server.

two ways you can do it:

1) Allow server admin to set the gift

2) Have it randomly choose from a list of past gifts. You migh tget a GOOD one or a MEDIOCRE one but at least now you can trade for the good ones. 

Of course some people will "semi cheat" by making alts since there is no longer a "cost" so maybe if there is a way to limit gifts to one per Steam ID .. or a toggle where server admin can set that or not.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Player eligibility for gifts is determined by the 'reimbursed' field in the players table in database, just set that value to false for every player and they'll be able to collect the gift. The item given is hardcoded and determined by the auxdata on the gift item, see awardChristmasPresent in ItemBehaviour.

Edited by Jonneh

Yep it is possible. I have just finished the code for my server. Took me the whole afternoon there are really much things to change. I also coded an integration for steam in so only one gift per steamID is handed out.

• Like 1

On 12/19/2015 at 3:19 PM, Sklo:D said:

Yep it is possible. I have just finished the code for my server. Took me the whole afternoon there are really much things to change. I also coded an integration for steam in so only one gift per steamID is handed out.

Any chance that you would share how you did this?

• Like 1

On 13.12.2015 at 1:48 PM, Brash_Endeavors said:

1) Allow server admin to set the gift

2) Have it randomly choose from a list of past gifts. You migh tget a GOOD one or a MEDIOCRE one but at least now you can trade for the good ones. 

What i have to do here? How allow Admins to set the gift or where is the List :/