Sign in to follow this  
Emortal

Ideas (Harbor)

Hey guys, I'm on a friends server were constructing right now. I have made a settlement named, Novos Castellum (means New Village in Latin) I am making a harbor port to export ore from the big mountain I settled next too, and I could really use some ideas on some of the buildings I may include my town for my harbor esque' town. Ideas/Suggestions/Comments and Pictures for Ideas are Welcomed! Thanks In Advance!!

Depends on how you want it to look I'd say! But for a mining town / Harbor, I'd probably put an inn or two with a pub type place. A couple warehouses for storing crates to be transported, and a mining guild type thing where the transactions would take place on buying/selling. Then of course housing for the locals!

But I'm a bit realistic and in my town on my server I'm going kind of crazy with the buildings, shops and homes everywhere! xD

I hope this helps in your quest~

Good suggestions from Jiopio there. I would add Stables perhaps. You could have "parking" spots for carts, an attached field for horses, a small building representing the living space of the caretaker(s) etc.

Additionally, I would have a building for a Shipwright. You could even put up (and leave) some unfinished ships there to help indicate that construction of boats is happening there.

I have done a similar job and have a Ships Chandler with odd components of ship building laying around (keels etc) and will put tools like a rope tool etc on the ground as well.

I have a shipyard with a half built Cog outside. Mine is a 3 story U shaped building that has the ground dug up to the building edge to allow water to be "inside" the building. I intend to have a bridge over it as a roof when I can find some tin to make bronze for a Dioptra.

There is the workers housing which is a group of 5 small terraced houses with a few basic bits of furniture in them. For RP purposes, I have a "Vacant" sign outside each of them.

An import and export warehouse, I have made them separate but they can be combined into one.

Most importantly the "Harbour Masters house" - an up-market house with fine fixtures and fittings and possibly marble floors etc - Essentially your own home. Mine also has a workshop at the back for my forge and loom etc and a garden area to farm cotton and wemp and two paddocks for my animals.

I intend to have a cart parking area and a paddock for the horses as part of the facilities for visitors and a tavern and merchant area for the sailors when they arrive.

*Need to find someone who can mod some dancing girls for the tavern and allow me to import music files in a "jukebox" for the tavern sounds though.

It's not my server so I don't have privileges to summon a innkeeper. I can buy a merchant agreement to get a merchant there but don't know how to get a innkeeper. I can probably get the GM to add the dancing girls and jukebox mod.