Sign in to follow this  
Aeryck

Public Slaying Etiquette

Slaying Etiquette  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Should public slaying organizers be guaranteed a share of the loot?

• Absolutely, they should get the best item!
    • Sure, they set it up after all, give them a cow hat or a skull.
    • The slaying wouldn't have happened without us, so let them roll like the rest of us.
    • Huh? I am just here for the blood.

I'll be attending my 5th and 6th slaying tomorrow and it got me wondering; how can we make sure this sort of thing stays public? I certainly don't have the time to organize something like this and I wouldn't really know how to even if I had the time. I love that recently there have been so many public slayings and I was sad to hear that I missed a couple of private ones as well. I was wondering if the general population found it acceptable to allow the organizer a guaranteed share in the loot? Would this help people to be more willing to open up their mine doors and welcome in other Wurmians? Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that anyone is being stingy with their slayings, but those who are able to organize these events must be considering whether it is even worth their time since there is such a low chance of actually receiving a worthwhile reward.

I'm not doing slayings on freedom but...

"The slaying wouldn't have happened without us, so let them roll like the rest of us."

Do freedomers got any idea how small group is required to slay a unique? heck even with the CR nerf from being on a enemy homeserver on epic its pretty darn easy with a small group.

Be glad someone let you join in on the kill, they have no obligation of letting you participate.

A quick repeat for those who got reading comprehension problems: I don't join these slayings, but I think it's silly that some people feel entitled to be there.

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 7

Uniques are a mess for sooooooo many reasons. the way the loot is handle is on of them. Greed make people do silly things, like complaining they don't have everything served on a silver plate... or keeping everything for themselves.

There is no proper way to do it. When i manage deliverance ones, i try to get the helpers, people who spent time to look around, bring mats, casts spells, heal, get something on by being on the loot rolls. Out of all the ones i did, i only got 3 items and prolly spent around 150s in deed costs or mats, I do not believe i should feel entitled anything out of that loot, nor anyone who jump in just to do the slaying as said Zekezor a really really small group can take them down, having a look at chaos or epic crew show that easilly.

In the end, with the current ways things are, i don't see how you can put in place some etiquette, there is not enough loot to reward ALL the organisers and the slayers. I do believe though that uniques should be organised and killed by the players on their servers. Involving themselves with their community, sharing the thrill of the hunt and reaping the same rewards, not just walking in a slaughter house and hope for something.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Odynn said:

there is not enough loot to reward ALL the organisers and the slayers.

I want to expand on this. Odynn also had some other items put up for rolls that were not part of the unique loot. I cant remember them all, but there were several high ql dioptras when they first came out. Some of the items he made, as extra prizes. Others were donated by others specifically for the unique hunt.

• Like 2

Way I see it weather private or public killing whoever found the dragon and is running the event gets to call how loot is handled.

I'm just there for the blood and hide anyway.....oh and a hit on a green tome if WKM hasn't got the book yet : P

• Like 1

You get a scrap of hide and blood anyway. The bones are nice but you can get a rare item without using a bone on it. 

7 hours ago, Zekezor said:

I'm not doing slayings on freedom but...

"The slaying wouldn't have happened without us, so let them roll like the rest of us."

Do freedomers got any idea how small group is required to slay a unique? heck even with the CR nerf from being on a enemy homeserver on epic its pretty darn easy with a small group.

Be glad someone let you join in on the kill, they have no obligation of letting you participate.

A quick repeat for those who got reading comprehension problems: I don't join these slayings, but I think it's silly that some people feel entitled to be there.

this

you can literally kill some uniques with two-three people.

you can kill any unique in the game except the red dragon with 10 or less with the epic homeserver CR nerf (which is huge).

let the organizer decide how loot is handled.

2 hours ago, Propheteer said:

this

you can literally kill some uniques with two-three people.

you can kill any unique in the game except the red dragon with 10 or less with the epic homeserver CR nerf (which is huge).

let the organizer decide how loot is handled.

In my experience, Organizers are the ones who put the legwork into finding or trapping the unique in the first place. Considering how easy it is to just keep every unique to themselves and their small inner circle, as you've just said, I don't think we should try to force their hand into random rolls. Otherwise every unique group will just cloister up, and keep the majority of the uniques to themselves, meaning no scales/blood for no one.

My message to the people who are upset they didn't have a chance to roll for loot: If you want the loot badly enough - put in the legwork. Become an organizer yourself.

Edited by Dairuka
  • Like 1

I think the people who decide to let others in on the slayings and get blood and scale/hide, deserve what ever they want. If they make the slaying public, they do so because they are extreamly generous allready. not because they have to. only because they are generous.

My 2 coppers.  If someone goes to the trouble of finding and securing a unique, it should be up to them what they want to do with it.  Some people make it public, which is very nice of them since they don't have to.  It's not like they need the public to slay it, as the private slayings prove.  And to be perfectly frank, the ones I've been to felt like a gimme-freebies giveaway for my part.   I certainly didn't do anything to deserve what I got by just being there.  Getting "loots" for just being there was like a gift. (look at it like getting a door-prize for attending an event, hehe).  And running in and taking one hit can hardly be considered a vital contribution.  lol.  So I was grateful for being allowed to attend and for what I got. Plus they were fun gatherings.

tl/dr

Hats off to those who organize social gatherings, (organizing is a pita),  and a sloppy raspberry to those who don't appreciate the effort that goes into it..   :)  The latter are free to find, secure, and organize if they're so inclined.

Edited by Amadee

we killed the green dragon with 5 people on elevation one time

just chiming in here that these huge hunts with 70~ people are very dumb

The ones I've attended, happy I get blood/hide.

Now I have no problem at all with the arrangers, trappers, finders or whatever of mobs get their chosen piece.

What I'd like to see implemented is ofcourse a faster loot distribution system.

The list is made ok.

my suggestion would be:

Then just do the rolls in quicker succession. No asking for if they want it or not.

If they are not there at the present time, Then the whatever loot just goes to the arranger to do with as he pleases.

[15:14:01] <loodistributer>We now roll for bone ./roll 1-60 grats 57 mr X is the winner of bone

[15:14:08] <loodistributer>We now roll for corpse ./roll 1-60 47! grats MrsX you just won a corpse
[15:14:15] <loodistributer>We now roll for tome .roll 1-60 34! grats MrXjr just won himself a charge! etc

rolling and distributing can be done in minutes

Edited by Cenotaph

5 minutes ago, Cenotaph said:

[15:14:01] <loodistributer>We now roll for bone ./roll 1-60 grats 57 mr X is the winner of bone

[15:14:08] <loodistributer>We now roll for corpse ./roll 1-60 47! grats MrsX you just won a corpse
[15:14:15] <loodistributer>We now roll for tome .roll 1-60 34! grats MrXjr just won himself a charge! etc

rolling and distributing can be done in minutes

That's an interesting idea. I suppose the chances of you winning what you want are still the same. That sure would make it quick. Thanks everyone else for the feedback, keep it coming.

There is hardly an answer that can be given to make all happy when it comes to unique hunts, it invariably brings 'dragon drama'.  It takes much work to find, secure uniques then host the event at cost to the host for deed planting.  To that end it seems the organizer's choice how they want to handle it. opening it to the public is a grand and nice gesture yet not trouble free either.  I'm happy to be able to attend them and accept the terms ahead of time with appreciation.  To that end if they want the skull, the corpse, the bone..tomes, it's their perogative.

closed venues leave out people and cause disharmony, completely public events are lag fests challening players to stay logged in who don't have super robust pc's.  I hope they remain open to the public as I believe that is the spirit and intent of uniques in the game, a way to bring the community together to work together and take mutual risk for the rewards.

• Like 1