Sign in to follow this  
Butoxy

Forage and Botanize Timer Question

So i've been doing some foraging/botanizing with my two accounts and noticed something with the timers.   Testing was done with 99% nutrition, 90+% food, 90+% water, 100% stamina, no injuries or penalties, confirmed climbing off, flat terrain, on different days, in different locations, and so forth.  And there are no tools involved in either action.

Char 1 Char 2
Botanzie Skill 32.46 18.66
Botanize Timer 15.6 8.9
Forage Skill 34.8 19.58
Forage Timer 15.2 8.8

On the Wiki :

Botanize = "Higher skill reduces the action timer, increases the average quality of the items found, increases the likelihood of finding more than a single item on one tile, and enables you to botanize on more tile types."

Foraging = "Higher skill reduces the action timer, increase the average QL of the items found, and increase the likelihood of finding more than a single resources in a single tile."

The char 1 does frequently get more than one item, so that part it working.  But why does the account with the higher skill have the higher timers?

maybe they get the timer for each of the "doubled" actions? Although it still does not really seem like the timer is adequately lowered. 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

48 minutes ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

maybe they get the timer for each of the "doubled" actions? Although it still does not really seem like the timer is adequately lowered. 

this is correct. your timer gets longer because you gain the chance to find 2 things on a tile instead of 1. It does effectively double the timer at the point you gain that ability.

It is lowered. just not by a whole lot.

The reason you see the higher action timer is because your foraging more then one item at a time, you can get 2-3-4 ect, from one forage/botanize. each item you will get, will increase your timer as if you were picking two tiles.

Edit: also because I know this will likely be a question: you get skill tics each time you get a item, So lets say your foraging for two items,halfway through the action you'll get a tic.

Edited by Druidnature

OK, these explanations make sense.  It didn't occur to me: timer = chances x base time

I took the comment in the wiki literal where it talked about reduced timer and increased chances in the same sentence, lol.

Thank you for the responses.

:)

Number of chances depend on grass length so test on steppe or short grass.

40 minutes ago, sandyar said:

Number of chances depend on grass length so test on steppe or short grass.

err......if your saying you can only get one item on a steppe/short grass, that's not the case.  infact I believe I get more items more often on Steppe. (and woad a lot more)

Maybe I'm misunderstanding though?

Steppe does only give one item, and is more inclined to give woad.

The amount of items gathered depends on grass length, 1 for short, 2 for medium and I believe 3 for tall/wild, or perhaps its 2 for medium/tall. But yes, marsh, steppe, things like that only give one