Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

Perimeter Decay (Stone House)

maybe half that, for 100ql, then its a percentage of that based on the ql.

so if its halved for 100ql, 0.12 decay a day for 100 ql and 0-10 dmg

and it would be double that for 50ql, so 0.25 decay a day for 50ql 0-10 dmg

and 25ql would be 0.37 decay a day

and 1ql would be 0.50 decay a day ?

My suggestion is just a base suggestion they can do what they want with it and add in what they need. 

As far as me mentioning the iron fence that is just to show that the houses did have the same slow decay as the fences do now. My house is just my example look at Wargasm they were waiting and the deed had been gone 9 months and still had loads more time to go in their example.  Also from what i understand there was already a bug report issued over the deal before i posted this one this is just the "public" one.   

Edited by Kegan

Ignore what I said about the 6dmg a day being gone

[03:06:00] QL=33.275017, dam=12.288831

[03:06:07] QL=67.04879, dam=12.193798

At least make it so that quality matters this is stupid

Wood walls take a greatly accelerated decay rate compared to timberframe or stone, off deed.

Currently it seems buildings take much greater decay rate the week or two before a deed disbands than they take after the deed disbands.

Perimeter decay happens no matter if its owned by mayor or not.

I know a lot of people use horse shoe type buildings to extend there deed holdings, should these take perimeter decay same as non deed buildings or not?

Edited by JakeRivers

Would like to suggest to put it back to what it was before starting this tweaking.  Wasn't ideal then, but this isn't fun or good for anyone including the game itself. I had built QL 45ish for a player (wood, off-deed not in perimiter) so she could enjoy and get to know more of the game, and wouldn't need to be repairing every other day. Right... (all repaired to zero just few weeks back, could start over on that yesterday, 30-35 decay everywhere including roof which was always slower then walls). Perhaps accidentaly implemented the GV-decay on all other servers?

38 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

Wood walls take a greatly accelerated decay rate compared to timberframe or stone, off deed.

Currently it seems buildings take much greater decay rate the week or two before a deed disbands than they take after the deed disbands.

Perimeter decay happens no matter if its owned by mayor or not.

I know a lot of people use horse shoe type buildings to extend there deed holdings, should these take perimeter decay same as non deed buildings or not?

Perimeter decay didn't used to effect houses owned by villagers. Allies, yes, but not villagers. If it is now, then that is also broken.

2 hours ago, Fraeya said:

Ignore what I said about the 6dmg a day being gone

[03:06:00] QL=33.275017, dam=12.288831

[03:06:07] QL=67.04879, dam=12.193798

At least make it so that quality matters this is stupid

I'm hoping this isn't just an artifact of randomized decay ticks.

Can we get some developer confirmation here that QL is or isn't mattering, and that this is or isn't intentional?

I am sure they are working on a happy medium but it was many more then kegan that it was effecting. The over all point is that it should not take a year -/+ for non deeded buildings to fall that ties up usable land. If erossion is ever put in it could never work if buildings can't fall. I don't have buildings off deed never have so I don't feel that pain. Deeding protects the decay not always ideal but that's the main benefit of a deed. As for blaming it on kegan that's not cool then blame all the rest if us for noticing a bug and bringing it to someone's attention.

Yeah of course a resolution needs to work for both issues. Currently though it's not, it's at an irritable level and the timing on this over xmas was terrible. Blaming a specific person though is silly, if anything this brought it more into public light

Here is a suggestion: Mayors of a deed can declare "Eviction zones" in their perimeters that trigger escalated decay. If they want, they can toggle on accelerated decay for all of their perimeter area. Or they can do it for specific structures.  The main reason for not allowing deeds to "destroy" existing perimeter buildings, is to give the residents time to adapt, pack up, find a new home.  This means that buildings actually causing an issue can be cleared out without special hardship compared to historical methods. Give them a 30-60 day eviction (quality plays a role)  and at the end of that time the building is GONE. 

• For mayors and citizens, perimeters should NOT be subjected to the massive mega decay
  • For new players peacefully living in uncontested areas off deed, they should NOT be subjected to a new massive decay rate. Good way to lose new players!
  • Building quality absolutely should play a role, else there is no incentive not just to put up 10Q houses.
  • People using properties that are not in anyone's way, should not be penalized in favor of a very small subsection of the player base who have specific individual issues. 

MY MAIN ISSUE is that these huge large changes were made BY DEVS (changes were not made by players) on what I consider highly questionable evidence. One group deeded an area, found some existing buildings, were told there was a deed that disbanded 9 months earlier, and apparently decided on their own that all of these buildings were from that deed and that no one had been living there or repairing them since. Its very possible the deed disbanded from an absentee mayor, had accelerated decay the final 30 days, had some former villagers who spent time trying to "save" their structures by repairing them. We don;t know because the witnesses were not there, they just "decided" the facts.  That's fine, that's not 100 percent their fault, devs should know that any player observations are never 100 percent what they seem, and they need to look a little deeper.  Something is not quite what was told because I have had several deeds disband nearby me, and the buildings were all completely GONE within 1-2 months. I also have had other players perimeter over MY 50Q buildings and those buildings popped in a few weeks,  Unless there is a different code existing in your area versus my area, something is not adding up right. 

In any case, it is not the players fault, even if one group had mistaken facts, because the job of devs would have been to investigate WHAT the apparent discrepancy was caused by.  Instead of randomly changing code in ways that puniish a rapidly dwindling playerbase, especially when it appears no one is even monitoring their effect (or they would have known within 72 hours that it was BORKED). 

• STEP 1: STOP immediately these insane decay. Stop ALL of the decay because some of it has advanced so far, and this is the second time this season we've been hit by it (first was when they removed writs which apparently made all offdeed buildings "abandioned" buildings)
  • STEP 2: Only affect the issues that are causing problems, not this blanket "fixit" that breaks more than it fixes, and punishes more players than it helps.

My suggestion is for eviction zones or notices (can be the entire perimeter, or can be a specific building tagged) where mayors can flag certain areas or buildings in their perimeters to be subject to advanced 30-day "mega decay". This completely solves the issues of : former occupants have time to react and find new homes, and villages that are LEGALLY using their own perimeters, or new players simply trying out their first offdeed homestead,  are not penalized.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 3

I like the idea of an activated evict perimeter option from the token. Certain restrictions should apply to this though, like buildings attached to bridges for highways etc otherwise that's an easy way to grief.

An offdeed gatehouse, high QL that was repaired last month now has over 50 damage. Something isn't right here. 

[20:53:15] <> front building [15:52:46] QL=86.49022, dam=52.456867  that i JUST REPAIRED after the last one was resolved, not even a month ago

Also see http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/136684-off-deed-building-decay/

Edited by Firestarter

checked the building walls I fully repaired yesterday:

wall: [22:47:23] QL=65.545265, dam=3.0471854

slate roof: [22:48:18] QL = 24.178082, dam=3.4263895.

This is HUGE. Again, active owner on the same server. Seems that damage ticks are not in line of ql differences as well.

Please revert the change until the buggy behaviour is fixed, it is ridiculous to go over all the building walls a few days, regardless of wall qualities :S

This is totally going against the plans of lessening the tedium of active players.

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 1

ehh and yes, I'm waiting as well for some abandoned buildings to decay away on my own perimeters, but this should be a totally different story.

my ofdeed buildings decay super fast also even though i log owner every day,pls do something, this is ridiculous 

On 2015-12-12 at 5:19 PM, Wargasm said:

On the abandoned deed that Rivard and I are waiting on, there are 7 two-story buildings that we're waiting to fall.  Two are preventing me from putting the token where I want it, and they are 75 QL stone buildings.  What few walls remain have 90 damage on them, but the roof and wooden plank floor (2nd story) are only at 50 damage. 

There's two things that frustrate me about this issue.  First, the GM team refuses to interfere, which I would understand if decay was working properly, but it is not according to Ohana (see above).  The second thing that frustrates me is that these buildings are nine months old (Niarja shows this deed to have disbanded in March 2015).   What does it do to the economy when someone can build a high QL large sized donut house that won't go away for over a year without needing to pay upkeep costs by owning a deed?

I have persued every avenue... asking neighbors, freedom chat on Indi, sending forum and in-game PM's to the deed owner and resident(s) to ask this person to please clean up their trash to no avail. 

For full disclosure it can be added that I was repairing these houses regularly, and some friends along with me. They belong to another friend of ours who had not quit the game but is simply busy elsewhere so we were emptying out the houses of everything valuable (in case they'd drop anyway). We had no idea that someone else was staking out the place, or else we would've obviously communicated with them and arranged for the houses to be dropped sooner.

TLDR:
The pereceived "never decay" was in this case due to the houses being regularly maintained.

The numbers In question are those after perimeter was placed not before as well ☺

Fair enough, wanted to remove some confusion since the houses had been mistaken for abandoned when they'd been repaired regularly since it seems to have had a big impact in the bug discussion.

I would also like to add my name to the list of folks having decay progress WAY too fast.  I just finished building an off-deed wood house up to low QL 60's and just 3 weeks later all the walls are at 30+ damage. :(  A building I upgraded to QL mid 40's a couple weeks before that is already at 70 damage.  At this rate, I'll be spending all my time going though the process to repairing rinse & repeat (the buildings are fairly large) :( 

I just spent all day repairing decayed buildings, and I'm not even done. I'm livid. How do decisions like this get made? 'Eh, feck 'em, they have nothing better to do. We'd better create some busy work so they keep playing.' What could the reasoning be to waste so much of our time? The safe houses I had made for newbies and travelers are either gone or 70-90 damage. Any buildings in the perimeters between my deeds had holes. What's the message? Don't have more than one deed? It feels like the devs WANT us to stop playing.

1 hour ago, LorraineJ said:

I just spent all day repairing decayed buildings, and I'm not even done. I'm livid. How do decisions like this get made? 'Eh, feck 'em, they have nothing better to do. We'd better create some busy work so they keep playing.' What could the reasoning be to waste so much of our time? The safe houses I had made for newbies and travelers are either gone or 70-90 damage. Any buildings in the perimeters between my deeds had holes. What's the message? Don't have more than one deed? It feels like the devs WANT us to stop playing.

You misunderstand! It is a bug and will be fixed soon! (Was supposed to be fixed 2 days ago, but apparently the fix didn't go live yet.)

(And it affects every off-deed structure, not only those inside a perimeter.)

Edited by Yaga

Please just finish the Mac client for WU. I don't ever want to go through a thing like this again. I've had it.

I spent the first part of the day paying the upkeep on 13 deeds and doing premiums, and for my thank you, the rest of the day repairing and making bricks. I have to be out of my mind.

Edited by LorraineJ

7 hours ago, Yaga said:

You misunderstand! It is a bug and will be fixed soon! (Was supposed to be fixed 2 days ago, but apparently the fix didn't go live yet.)

It took two days for someone to realize the fix wasn't live, and then still wasn't made live ASAP?

Building was finished on 9th of November; is in the perimeter of an ally deed (deed also belongs to me, but mayor is an alt). Both my deed and the "ally" deed are next to each other (touching perimeters); I am on daily. The house was built in perimeter, not perimetered over.

As per today, [16:22:44] QL=80.622086, dam=62.0405

80 ql buildings offdeed used to last over a year, with owner being MIA most of the time.. (a 70ish ql building of mine, made in late 2014, owned by an alt I log in every 70 days or so, lasted offdeed for about 11 months before reaching over 60 damage and needing repairs).

Hope this get fixed soon :) Some guy perimetered over my offdeed barn and left for good. I've repaired that to a <10 dmg a week ago and now it's falling apart again. House is good so far, no speed-decay noticed.