Sign in to follow this  
ElvenElder

Exposing staff members evil ploy

You might have heard the news in this forum recently. There seems to be some new type of creatures called a fogspider. It supposedly is the product of GM Oracle's events and supposedly a creature that will attack you during fog. You are encouraged to attack them and kill them before they kill you.

I call ###### !

This is part of a bigger evil plan conducted by a handful of staff members who had been planning for a vital change on the servers for ages now. It started with GM Oracle experimenting with the fog in the server settings and what we're currently seeing is the finalization and implementation of that plan that started back then.

Here's the truth:

The fog spiders are not hostile creatures. If you don't attack them, they won't attack you back. Ever wonder why the fogspiders come out only during the fog ? I will tell you why. Cause they need the fog. The fogspiders, eat the fog away. That's their primal role in nature. They come out and eat the fog so as the skies are again clear and we can sail in the waters safelly without getting lost and spend hours of sailing. A handful of staff members want to make the maps a dark and foggy place. That's their evil sinister plot that I'm exposing here today. With the implementation of new server crossing system that helped a lot shorten travel times, they now had to rush their plan. That's why you are seeing this new update regarding the fog and fogspiders.

Don't kill the fogspiders. Help them help you by eatiing the fog away. 

#protectthefogspiders

EDIT: Move to wurm discussion, wrong section -.-'

Edited by ElvenElder
  • Like 7

I will start making pens for these beloved creatures to keep them safe and my farm fog free!

#protectthefogspiders

There's something in the fog...

During the Q&A we spoke about our hopeful plans for remembering our Head Game Master, Oracle. Saroman has been tinkering on a model, and it's now time to announce it! As is well known amongst our older players, Oracle was someone who loved fog, sending it billowing across the servers, warning players to watch out for the fearsome fog spiders. I, on behalf of the entire Wurm team am now pleased to present the fog spider! (spoiler for phobias)

Hide contents

fogspider.jpg

The fog spider will spawn during fog, and will be included in phobia mode, so if you suffer from that, you'll still be able to turn it into a cute little blob. Expect to see it ingame within the next few weeks.

• Like 3

i drew a picture of a fog spider for you. the grey is the fog
3e1d28ad89.png

• Like 12

Stik plays on an integrated chipset with all settings turned off.

• Like 3

Just now, Trake said:

Stik plays on an integrated chipset with all settings turned off.

and it still runs at 10 fps

1 minute ago, Stik said:

and it still runs at 10 fps

which is why wurm doesn't have glocks yet

Please tell me there are CHAMP fog spiders....

And lots of em!

On 2015-12-11 at 9:37 PM, Stik said:

3e1d28ad89.png

I wouldnt want to run into this beast in the middle of a foggy wurm night. Even if it only has 6 legs instead of the normal 8.

You just can't see the other two legs because they are made of fog!

Donations are needed to fund fog spider conservation efforts, please help:

www.fogspidersarethefuture.org

www.un.fogspider.org

www.gweenpeace.org/fogspiders/donate.html

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2015 at 7:37 AM, Stik said:

3e1d28ad89.png

This got me all nostalgic, I actually miss these little guys

vjpxtIr.png

• Like 5

^ Yep, I loved the old spider models. They shoulda been the fog spiders, imho. :)

Hmm...

I love fog..

and despise spiders...

But how do we know the ploy isn't really some form of reverse psychology?

See.. maybe it is deliberate that you have concluded that fog spiders eat the fog, and therefore should not be killed...

Maybe the *real* ploy all along is that you are being manipulated into *not* killing the fog spiders (and thinking you do so out of your own free will and superior ploy-sleuthing abilities).. 

BECAUSE THE COLD, COLD HEART-LESS CREATURES, "KINDLY" REFEREED TO AS THE FOGSPIDER,  BREATHE MORE FOG INTO OUR WORLD FROM THE DEPTHS OF THEIR LIGHT-LESS NEVER ENDING PIT OF A NON-SOUL!

Of course as a fog-loving-arachnaphobe this makes my life difficult... call the guards on the spiders or enjoy the fresh mist of heavy fog?... *decides this is what phobia mode is for.. *

(Though for the record phobia mode actually makes spiders, in all ways other than appearance, more spider-eqsue.  Stupid blobs sneaking up out of nowhere..making the arachnaphobic of us hyper vigilant at all times for the invisible, constant threat of the "blob-spider")