Sign in to follow this  
wipeout

multiple servers

Anyone gotten to the point yet of running more then 1 server on the same machine without it being derpy?

in the sense of sometimes it will let you switch other times it wont then yet other times you switch over and then cant do anything and when you relog your back on the other one

little things like that that i have noticed in my trails with my friends

also why oh why do we need to set so many ports every time(granted 1-2 times per server but still) i hope that in the future the server launcher will just add +1 to all ports when making a new server or atleast the ability to load settings from a server when creating a server neighbor

thanks i missed 1 tiny step 

anyway a tip for those who dont want their 2nd or more server to show up in the search list dont let the steam query port through the firewall you can still connect(as can others) just wont show up in the list

• Like 1

Ok but if i want to run server on different machines?

i set machines like described on wiki .

but it tell "kingdom 4 already exist" and server crash in 2-4 minutes then server take more then 2gb ram.

TYVM! Now I can play in one instance and mod in another. I need to restart the server often to test mods.

I'm able to run four clusters per server.   Make sure you have enough memory for the map size, concurrent player count per cluster (4Gb per cluster), and have a decedent CPU dual core or better Intel.  I run an Intel i7-2600 @ 3.40 GHz. on each machine.  

I found its best to have the login server on a dedicated machine.  It takes a bit more stress than a cluster.   I also use MySQL on a dedicated machine as well.  

Edited by razoreqx

Is there an indicator that confirms if an install directory is beta branch? I"m looking or a text file or version number in the content released by CC. I opened the MANIFEST.MF in the the server.jar and it didn't help.

I did the following in steamCmd. I'm sure its right but it would nice if I could confirm that the install direction is in fact standard or beta.

force_install_dir ~a path to the beta server folder.

app_update 402370 -beta beta validate

force_install_dir ~a path to the standard server folder.

app_update 402370 validate

Edited by joedobo

There is the file "appmanifest_402370.acf" with the selected beta branch:

"UserConfig"
	{
		"betakey"		"beta"
	}

The file is either in the SteamLibrary\steamapps (when installed from steam) or in the ServerDir\steamapps (when installed with steamcmd)

Simply doing "app_update 402370" in a beta branch will redownload the beta data again.

Edited by ago
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ago said:

There is the file "appmanifest_402370.acf" with the selected beta branch:

"UserConfig"
	{
		"betakey"		"beta"
	}

The file is either in the SteamLibrary\steamapps (when installed from steam) or in the ServerDir\steamapps (when installed with steamcmd)

Simply doing "app_update 402370" in a beta branch will redownload the beta data again.

thanks for finding this ago!