Sign in to follow this  
Lolabelle

Christmas is almost here

Can you please bring back gift wrapping. make it so recipient or maker can open.  Would love to be wrapping oodles of presents right now.

• Like 9

Has been constantly asked for in the past couple years or so, and every time it was denied, Maybe now .. :D

+1

Do we really need gift wrapping now that we can manage permissions on small & large chests and other containers?

• Like 1

I think the main trouble with gifts was that they caused trouble when you tried to cross server with them.  Well that and the decay exploit thing but if they are stopping all decay on deed then i guess that would not be an issue anymore. 

• Like 1

Also, if you can't lockpick them, how does that interact with PvP? Could you just gift-wrap things and make them impossible to be used by anyone else?

Kinda thinking it isn't about bringing back the old mechanics as much as being able to partake in actual gift giving...?

What about allowing the wrapping, and having the wrapping itself decay over a (relatively) short period of time?

Or I'm just naïve and this is not about gift giving after all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ostentatio said:

Do we really need gift wrapping now that we can manage permissions on small & large chests and other containers?

It is for giving gifts to your friends. Not looking to use as any game function. Strictly to really use as a sort of functional deco for xmas

even if only available for xmas.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Reylaark said:

Kinda thinking it isn't about bringing back the old mechanics as much as being able to partake in actual gift giving...?

What about allowing the wrapping, and having the wrapping itself decay over a (relatively) short period of time?

Or I'm just naïve and this is not about gift giving after all.

Yes exactly

• Like 1

+1

Somebody please tell the Grinch that we want our presents back.  :)

13 hours ago, Ostentatio said:

Also, if you can't lockpick them, how does that interact with PvP? Could you just gift-wrap things and make them impossible to be used by anyone else?

before they were disabled you could open any gift with any name on pvp servers, so it wouldn't effect that at all. +1 from me

+1 to gift wrapping (just have them rot super faster after xmas like the trees)

also since we have sitting, can we have sitting on santa's lap?!!!!