Sign in to follow this  
Warlander

Creatures balancing thread

Please nerf a bit 'stun' effect from Nogumps. Son of Nogump can stun you several times in a row and kill you without giving you a chance to move or swing to it with your weapon or block attack with your shield. You can be hit by unique, tank it or escape from it but not from serial of Nogumps stuns. At least give it a 20-30 seconds of cooldown time between stuns.

• Like 3

No flutes or similar solutions please. Where's hunting in that? That's just solution for FS grinders.

2 hours ago, Zekezor said:

Now thats crazy talk.

It's a troll, its weak, it sure as heck doesnt deserve to give glimmer/serryl/ada.

High ql lumps of silver/gold however, I could dig that. like 70-99ql.

shhhh your ruining my plans to farm the 2300 trolls just north of my place

On 12/10/2015 at 1:27 PM, Eobersig said:

Anacondas should drop a small-ish amount of hides, say 1 or 2 kgs.

cool we could make snake skin boots  that get the Texan in me flowing

Regarding fleeing creatures, especially deer, I might be alone in this but I like the fact that they provide a reason to actually use archery outside of PvP. I've killed plenty while hunting, and having a short bow and some arrows often does the trick to slow them down enough to catch them.

Domesticated animals, no - just in the sense that they've been "raised" by people. Perhaps animals in pens as well, or base the chance to flee off of animal husbandry or some such. Higher skill, less chance?

• Like 2

I hope the Hellhound change is the start of mobs in Wurm dropping actual usable things when killed.  Some of these suggestions are really good guys.

I would like to see Trolls especially be more rewarding to kill.  They should drop more than a crappy club.

Animals on steep slopes 5,000 feet up a mountain?  Dear lord yes, PLEASE let's do something about this.

Also I want more champion animals/trolls.  They seem TOO rare.  And can we make them super big again like they used to be?

Deer seem fine to me.  It's fun chasing them down on a horse or cart.  And if you aren't hunting on one of those, well, you're doing it wrong anyway.

deer used to roam next to my car when i went out to the woods when i lived in florida.

use animal fat on certain items to reduce decay, or find more uses for the animal drops like fat

On 12/10/2015 at 0:47 PM, ClericGunem said:

You have not been around many bison?  they sometimes bolt (or used to) and seemingly drawn to impossible slopes and cut at angles that make a pain to catch (as horse does not turn/bank in a remotely real sense), on par with a deer some times

Sheep also get pretty frantic.

It would be great to have some super-strong mobs that you could easily run from if you wanted to, but you could fight with high skill and good gear, or a friend, and then get some fight skill which is hard to get once your skill level is already high.

• Like 2

More variety. I can't speak to how it is on other servers, but I rarely see greenish/fierce/champion etc. I don't know what the spawning system is exactly these days, but there seems to be an over-abundance of trolls and bison as well.

• Like 1

Get animals off cliff faces, how is it even still a problem? Give animals a maximum climb slope and disable spawning on tiles or a group of tiles with a combined slop of X. FFS

• Like 4

Remove AOE/Stuns/Throwing from non-uniques (so valrei creatures)

Edited by Cornchips
  • Like 4

Remove the ability for Templars to attack Hell horses on freedom

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Cornchips said:

Remove AOE/Stuns/Throwing from non-uniques (so valrei creatures)

a complete removal of the abilities would make them super weak.

the abilities are fine (especially aoe), the rate at which they use stuns/throws though is too often. it merely needs a longer cooldown between uses.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, enoofu said:

Remove the ability for Templars to attack Hell horses on freedom

That's a matter of permissions of deed guards (in the same way you can tell them to not attack agressive creatures), not balance... Give Tich a poke. :)

Fix their pathing. Its rather strange and disappointing to see a deer standing on the side of a 1000 slope mountain. More realistic ai pathing would be cool if possible and in the staff's capabilities.  

More of the greenish / fierce etc animals, and better distribution of animals on Chaos please, where I live I rarely see much to hunt.

• Like 2

On 12/11/2015 at 11:12 PM, Zekezor said:

Now thats crazy talk.

It's a troll, its weak, it sure as heck doesnt deserve to give glimmer/serryl/ada.

High ql lumps of silver/gold however, I could dig that. like 70-99ql.

No I don't think this is crazy talk at all....

Yeah a Random possibility of some moon metal off something like a troll would be great for the Home servers!  With the huge gear disparity that exists a way for Home servers to get moon metal sounds very welcome!

Allow us to lead all animals in water, even if they don't normally go into the water.

Fix the animals that appear past server boarders in the water, hate going for some animal just to cross onto another server before i can attack it.

The Clumping of domesticated animals in pens, 20x20 pen and danged if they don't all group up in one corner.

Balance the packing of tiles by domestic animals, if the grass / crop / whatever is at it's shortest height make em move to another random tile. ( may over ride non-clumping but thats the owners fault then not animal a.i. )

• Like 1

On 12/14/2015 at 1:56 PM, Zekezor said:

That's a matter of permissions of deed guards (in the same way you can tell them to not attack agressive creatures), not balance... Give Tich a poke. :)

I really dislike Templars attacking hell horses because keep getting deeds crossing highway, like the one south of Lormere.  If leading have to to run around or run quick so does not tag one of them and since Elizarya sells hell horses a short ways away it means that anyone who buys them has to be careful because that Templar will attack them (supposedly the can kill Templar per wiki, but have to call BS, i can 2 or 3 shot a hh on accident, hh has 10fs and Templar is supposed to be 60fs).  Hell horses are like the most passive "aggressive" mobs out there, they will not even chase.  Only an idiot gets killed by one either running up to hitched wagon and standing there or a a naked Fo who forgot to check their favor leading 4 of them.  In the wild if you walk up on one and it does agro, you can calmly stroll away from it even if it tags you, i have breed random pairs in the wild just for fun and rarely been attacked, if attacked i would just move a few tiles no-target.  

seriously consider the Templars attacking hell horses to be some sort of trolling logic to, i dont know, laugh at players having their first hh murdered in front of them because they forgot to turn off "ignore aggressive" its just wrong.  10 FS is a cavebug and cavebug will at least chase you

changing that logic was like the second thing i did as soon as WU came out

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2015 at 9:36 AM, MetalDragon said:

Spider silk is quite a cool idea, it may be worth adding new items of use rather than the same stuff on each animal.

Indeed... like venom sacks.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2015 at 1:42 AM, sulfurblade said:

No I don't think this is crazy talk at all....

Yeah a Random possibility of some moon metal off something like a troll would be great for the Home servers!  With the huge gear disparity that exists a way for Home servers to get moon metal sounds very welcome!

well that's the thing

you're on a home server, but should be incentivized to be on Elevation

• Like 2