Sign in to follow this  
joedobo

[RELEASED]Season Configure Mod

I play on wyvern, and today they patched something and i cannot use this mod anymore. I tried to change from "always winter" to "always fall" but nothing changed. I believe it has to do with:

"Message protocols have been changed so both server and client needs to run the same version or it will crash. "

But not sure. Someone know more ?

After yesterdays patch all my mods do not work anymore. The season mod also. Reinstalled the latest version of ago's mod loader, and reinstalled the complete game also. Any hint to get my mods working again ?

It might help if you provided the debug info. Follow the debug instructions and post the client.log file.

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/135198-debug-logs/

Mine looks like this:

[11:48:42 AM] INFO org.gotti.wurmonline.clientmods.livehudmap.LiveHudMapMod: hiResMap: true$6$s
[11:48:42 AM] INFO com.jase2z.WUmod.SeasonConfigureMod: season override: Summer true$6$s
[11:48:42 AM] INFO com.jase2z.WUmod.SeasonConfigureMod: SeasonConfigureMod completed$6$s
[11:48:42 AM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoader: Loaded org.gotti.wurmonline.clientmods.livehudmap.LiveHudMapMod as livemap$6$s
[11:48:42 AM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoader: Loaded com.jase2z.WUmod.SeasonConfigureMod as seasonconfiguremod$6$s

2 hours ago, joedobo said:

true$6$s

eew. Just noticed a typo: that should be %6$s :D i.e. printf the 6th parameter as string

6 hours ago, joedobo said:

It might help if you provided the debug info. Follow the debug instructions and post the client.log file.

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/135198-debug-logs/

Mine looks like this:

[11:48:42 AM] INFO org.gotti.wurmonline.clientmods.livehudmap.LiveHudMapMod: hiResMap: true$6$s
[11:48:42 AM] INFO com.jase2z.WUmod.SeasonConfigureMod: season override: Summer true$6$s
[11:48:42 AM] INFO com.jase2z.WUmod.SeasonConfigureMod: SeasonConfigureMod completed$6$s
[11:48:42 AM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoader: Loaded org.gotti.wurmonline.clientmods.livehudmap.LiveHudMapMod as livemap$6$s
[11:48:42 AM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoader: Loaded com.jase2z.WUmod.SeasonConfigureMod as seasonconfiguremod$6$s

I would like to, but problem is, its far beyond my possibilites to do that. is there a way to give you the info you want without being a IT-professor ? I'm just a security you know. My teachers shook their head when they had to combine intelligence and me as a topic. I think i make this to my signature, so you guys understand that here are normal people also, not only modding-it-aces.

4 hours ago, Sizan said:

I would like to, but problem is, its far beyond my possibilites to do that. is there a way to give you the info you want without being a IT-professor ? I'm just a security you know. My teachers shook their head when they had to combine intelligence and me as a topic. I think i make this to my signature, so you guys understand that here are normal people also, not only modding-it-aces.

I know some people aren't good with computers. My Dad can push the power button but after that he just looks at the box in hesitation and perhaps even fear. I guess there is a certain level of general computer knowledge required to use mods. At this point the only other way I could help you is to visit your place and do it for you. That isn't going to happen.

• Like 1

I don't see where you need a computer science degree (let alone having higher academic grades) to save some text to a file and edit one line in another file. You also don't need a maths degree to increment the number in JvmParam1.

The next update to the modlauchers will enable the logging by default. Not because it's hard to do but because way to many people are simply unwilling to try the steps themselves.

Sizan, as mentioned above, please make sure you ran "patcher.bat" in the WurmLauncher folder again after you reinstalled things. There should be a file called "client-patched.jar" with the same date as when you reinstalled. If it's not there or is dated in December, you didn't run the patcher.bat file. Every time Wurm updates through Steam, you'll need to run "patcher.bat" again.  Please go back a page and follow the steps Nappy gave you on 18 December again and hopefully that will fix it.

If you aren't showing all file name extensions (they're off by default on Windows), that also might be leading to problems. Please be sure they're enabled, or there's a small chance your "seasonconfiguremod.properties" file might actually be named "seasonconfiguremod.properties.disabled" and just not be showing the .disabled part on your screen. This would cause things not to work. If you're not sure how to check, here's a link to a Microsoft page on turning them on and off. This link is for Windows 7. If you're running a different version of Windows, you should be able to find information specific to that version on the same site, but I believe the instructions are similar. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/show-hide-file-name-extensions#show-hide-file-name-extensions=windows-7

If carefully following Nappy's detailed instructions from December and making sure there's no file name extension problems doesn't help, I'm not sure what else to suggest. Good luck!

• Like 1

On 22.1.2016 at 9:11 PM, Varcelli said:

Sizan, as mentioned above, please make sure you ran "patcher.bat" in the WurmLauncher folder again after you reinstalled things. There should be a file called "client-patched.jar" with the same date as when you reinstalled. If it's not there or is dated in December, you didn't run the patcher.bat file. Every time Wurm updates through Steam, you'll need to run "patcher.bat" again.  Please go back a page and follow the steps Nappy gave you on 18 December again and hopefully that will fix it.

If you aren't showing all file name extensions (they're off by default on Windows), that also might be leading to problems. Please be sure they're enabled, or there's a small chance your "seasonconfiguremod.properties" file might actually be named "seasonconfiguremod.properties.disabled" and just not be showing the .disabled part on your screen. This would cause things not to work. If you're not sure how to check, here's a link to a Microsoft page on turning them on and off. This link is for Windows 7. If you're running a different version of Windows, you should be able to find information specific to that version on the same site, but I believe the instructions are similar. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/show-hide-file-name-extensions#show-hide-file-name-extensions=windows-7

If carefully following Nappy's detailed instructions from December and making sure there's no file name extension problems doesn't help, I'm not sure what else to suggest. Good luck!

Thanks for the help, will try that. On my home-pc all is running fine again, just on my notebook its not working yet.

Edit: i did the patcher again, did not know that i have to do it after every update. Anyways, mods are working like a charme again ! :)

Edited by Sizan
  • Like 2

Forgive my ignorance, but is it possible to have a server wide version of this as well in order for the server admin to make the length of the seasons applicable to all?

Drakedge, Even if I did making something server side to communicate with the clients, every client would still need this mod to make the alteration. Lets just ignore that folks could still do whatever they wanted (what some call cheating) anyway. If everyone has to install the mod, why not just tell you players that the agreed upon values to use are x,y,z and threaten to ban anyone who openly brags about not using those values.

The main problem is that the season which the client shows and how it decides what to show has nothing to do with the server. The server also has seasonal division through the Wurm year but those are calculated differently. The client uses sine-wave math function to fluctuate temperatures and logic on those temperatures to switch season. The server simply divides up the year. I think the default values do line up between server and client but it's just coincidental relationship.

Edited by joedobo

hmm, are there utilities in server modlauncher to install mods onto the clients that connect to it? I'm aware of the graphics packs that can be pushed to clients, but what about other mods?

7 hours ago, joedobo said:

hmm, are there utilities in server modlauncher to install mods onto the clients that connect to it? I'm aware of the graphics packs that can be pushed to clients, but what about other mods?

This would be highly unethical and I doubt it would ever be supported. If it was, a server could download malware onto every computer that connected.

I would love this for a server mod, to be able to configure seasons for the server.

Aka - more winter, less summer..  :)

Edited by Jukken

If anyone wants to try and apply this as a server mod, please do.

As I've tried to explain, the client's weather or season choosing mechanics have nothing to do with the server. The client do not ask the server for permission to do something in regards to seasonal rendering. Changing it so that this relationship does exists is a lot of work.

just a little bump, sorry for the necromance but i cant get this to work, i tried default values, but it doesnt seem to work with the latest version of the game?

or am i missing something here?

I added another release. I didn't actually find what was broken. It seems to work on my end now. I'm guessing I missed this as I almost always play as a arch-gm which apparently does something to seasonal client graphics.

This mod should be even greater if it would make snowy rooftops textures during winter.

@Jukken I don't have the art skills to do that. I think that is a good suggestion for CodeClub (WO devs).

On 10/1/2018 at 12:30 AM, spacegeek said:

Causes crash when starting modlauncher.bat

I tested with client-modlauncher-0.9 and it works for me.

Can you make sure your using the most recent version of client-modlauncher and run the patcher.bat?

More information would be helpful.