Sign in to follow this  
Postinglels

Random bonuses that should be removed

How about dumping all the anomalous bonuses that you can think of that are religion specific and putting them up for removal. 

Here's two, add more if applicable 

1) Libila lockpicking bonus

2) Magranon disintegrate bonus

Feel free to add any others that are religion specific, ie cannot be obtained without being a follower of a particular god. This thread isn't intended for other buffs like meditation or sorcery 

I agree that those specific buffs are a bit silly to have as they are quite strong buffs to what otherwise is a big RNG roll chance with both. The disintegrate is too strong at double the chance now anyway as it reduces favor/time costs but a huge number considering the difficulty. As for the lib lockpicking, I do not know how much is buffs but it's only fair to remove it if Mag loses the disintegrate bonus.

Edited by bloodmaster
  • Like 1

-1 id want my vyn skillgain bonus, which is also a "random bonus"

Should random nerfs also be removed? Libila taming in this case

1 minute ago, whykillme said:

-1 id want my vyn skillgain bonus, which is also a "random bonus"

Should random nerfs also be removed? Libila taming in this case

Dunno, you tell me. Most of these bonuses seem largely arbitrary with no inclination towards balance but personally I'm only interested in the buffs that directly impact on pvp. The taming nerf and the skillgain buff are more indirect than lockpicking and disintegrate though.

These seem pretty cool. Adds diversity to the game.

Keep them.

4 minutes ago, Redd said:

These seem pretty cool. Adds diversity to the game.

Keep them.

Diversity does not equate to balance

im pretty sure that the libila lock picking bonus was removed, or at least "disabled"

Edited by DannyNG

3 minutes ago, Tulemees said:

Might aswell nerf BL offensive spells then

That is offtopic, make a thread if you feel that there is some disparity between magranon and other priests, but this thread is specifically for the hidden pvp priest buffs

There are other bonus' that lib has which are a major game changer, but i'm not going to give away the info else this wouldn't be a fun game ;)

Not knowing you have a ridiculous advantage is kinda hilarious.

2 hours ago, Postinglels said:

How about dumping all the anomalous bonuses that you can think of that are religion specific and putting them up for removal. 

Here's two, add more if applicable 

1) Libila lockpicking bonus

2) Magranon disintegrate bonus

Feel free to add any others that are religion specific, ie cannot be obtained without being a follower of a particular god. This thread isn't intended for other buffs like meditation or sorcery 

How about not, that's why I chose certain priests.

53 minutes ago, LorraineJ said:

How about not, that's why I chose certain priests.

You play exclusively on freedom. If someone griefs an off deed tunnel you can call a gm an claim highway rules. If someone somehow abuses a hots account onto freedom,  picks into you're cart and changes it's locks and permissions you can call a gm and have it fixed. This is more aimed at balancing an aspect of the game that doesn't effect you

Ehh too much "balance" and we simply end up with gods that are just pale clones of each other.

"Balance" was the argument for the old nerfs to BL gameplay sometime before MR was implemented... much of that annoys me even to this day. Granted I could understand Rolf's reasoning; however, still feel much of it was harsher than needed.

I like the diversity. It gives each god a distinctive flavor.

For example the two traits already mentioned: Libila loves thievery and Magranon... well he loves fire and disintegrating things. I cannot blame either of them for this, I love both too.

EDIT: Heck if there's ever a bastard love child of the two, Id probably follow em.

Edited by Klaa

dunno, little buffs like that add flavor to each priest

is there really a 2x disintegrate bonus for mag?  can just balance it to a lower number if it exists

Ye, there is the primary roll for the power of the cast which goes off of channeling,  then the secondary roll which determines whether the attempt is successful. Mag bonus which doubles your chance, applies to the secondary roll. So it's vastly more difficult for priests of any other type to disintegrate tiles.

13 hours ago, Postinglels said:

You play exclusively on freedom. If someone griefs an off deed tunnel you can call a gm an claim highway rules. If someone somehow abuses a hots account onto freedom,  picks into you're cart and changes it's locks and permissions you can call a gm and have it fixed. This is more aimed at balancing an aspect of the game that doesn't effect you

As long as it stayed the same as it is now in PvE, I'm all for it.

I mean...

it would be nice to see the res / damage bonus removed from Mag (and others) and instead fix spell lists so Mag is an actual priest instead of just a gimped meditation path and the others aren't quite as imbalanced