Sign in to follow this  
Cerberus

Just a Price Check

Cerberus. I can assit you with whats real offers and whats not. Let me know.

sounds like you have the three people most interested so i guess the best thing would be to ask them all if they mind being in a group chat you can add in as many people as you like and have a private auction.

I guess if you want to have a public auction then that will not work but it sounds like you already have the best interested people chatting with you already. 

Edited by Kegan

You have one interesting account there. Will be looking forward to the auction.

Edited by privatebidder

If I wasn't stuck in a job and unable to forum all day like I used to, I'd offer to help.  But, in my experience, selling higher end characters is much better to manage privately than a public auction.  I only auction my lower end accounts in the 300e or less range.  Big accounts, I take private offers for about a week and inform all parties if I have other offers that are higher.  Also, keeping it private gives me total control on who I accept the winning offer from.  Player A may offer a little more than player B, but I may not know player A very well and completely trust B, so I go with B.

Also, this will make it better for your buyers.  They can keep the purchase completely confidential, because some day, someone will know who won the deal.  People that spend crazy money on accounts usually want it kept secret.

I wouldn't sell "myself" under 1.2-1.3k and I'm far behind. Also I wouldn't like to see you go though so my price check is 99EUR max, so it wouldn't worth to sell it :P

• Like 1

Quite a few accounts have sold recently in very big price ranges as the offers you have been made. There are only a few people in wurm that have that type of disposable income, I doubt you are being scammed as no one has posted otherwise on recent account sales going sour.

I am not sure how the transactions of these types go down, but I think I would be inclined to get cash upfront, that still does not protect you though from someone using stolen cc numbers with paypal. Not sure how the game admin's handle situations as this, meaning can you get your account back if you are defrauded?

Edited by JakeRivers

I am wanting potential buyers to be secure also, many want to remain nameless and do their offers privately. There are quite a few who are offering more and more. They need to have a 3rd party they can post to, so they know that I'm not making up prices to drive up my price. Not sure if a staff member could volunteer perhaps to play middle person or not. But do need to find a trustworthy middle person for all the private offers to be pm'ed to then forwarded to either an auction or post the top offer made some place the others can see and decide if they will beat it or not.

I don't think staff should be involved in assisting with the sale, as that potentially puts responsibility on Code Club shoulders if there is any dispute.

• Like 1

But then who watches the watchers? -.-

Seems a shame to sell such an account, still if one feels the need to quit or simply needs the money...

Hopefully the sale goes well.

Edited by Klaa

Yea but Klaa we both know that most pvpers who do private bids want to remain unknown publicly. Who will post offers in private. I just want a way to keep them unknown to others and have their bids posted. Many won't offer unless they can remain nameless..... The issue comes down to showing the offers and everyone knowing I'm not pulling numbers out of the air to up the prices. How do others handle this issue with allowing 'private bids'? "you just have to take my word on it?"

They just have to trust you.  I personally would trust you, as it is quite obvious you want to do what you can to keep things private for those that need it AND do it with integrity.  Don't worry about holding out for the absolute highest price either. Just be sure you get a buyer and price that makes you happy.

Disclaimer: I am not a bidder, nor do I know anyone that is bidding.

Good luck!!

1 hour ago, Drentle said:

Just do an auction. That way everything is upfront and clear.

Accounts like this tend to end up selling mostly privately. So in that case a private auction through a trusted middle man or the seller himself will allow a fair chance for those really interested to partake.

Edited by MaurizioAM

13 minutes ago, MaurizioAM said:

Accounts like this tend to end up selling mostly privately. So in that case a private auction through a trusted middle man or the seller himself will allow a fair chance for those really interested to partake.

That works too.

Think that might be the best choice. Have a 3rd party host the auction. All private bids can be pm'ed to that person to post. As long as the community trusts the integrity of the host, I would be fine with that once I'm ready to go after finishing up orders and item sales.

I've dealt through 3rd party hosts and have been the middle man plenty of times. If there is one thing I can say about this community is that its extremely trustworthy when it comes to cash handling.

8 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Think that might be the best choice. Have a 3rd party host the auction. All private bids can be pm'ed to that person to post. As long as the community trusts the integrity of the host, I would be fine with that once I'm ready to go after finishing up orders and item sales.

I sold bunch of high end toons publicly and big mistake, was offered way more privately, but I let it run publicly and got 30% less than buyout offers I was getting privately, I assumed some of private people would bid publicly in auction, but they didn't.

Dont bother with 3rd parties, way to much trouble, just take offers, when you get the number you want, sell it.  Thats what I would do if I did it again.  Clean, fast, no need for seller to have to get back to someone else for permission.

Thanks, but as it is my character I do believe to avoid any issues with the offers that some deem unbelievable. That someone else who is not invested do the auction. Since it will involve pm private bids along with public bids. I want to avoid the whole issue of it being my word and it appearing I'm only trying to get the bids to go up via ###### numbers. To easy to accuse people who are the owners of doing just that. oh private bidder 5 just bid in 50 more than yours! oh, another just bid another 100 more!.... yea. I'd rather someone who is a 3rd party run it just so they don't have a reason to raise the price by false bids. I want to ensure that others know the higher bids are happening. I have been gone for nearly a year activity wise. Not everyone knows me. Protect the privacy of those bidders who wish to remain unknown while they can bid without doubting if the bids are me trying to bump up the price or not.

7 minutes ago, RazorBrains said:

I sold bunch of high end toons publicly and big mistake, was offered way more privately, but I let it run publicly and got 30% less than buyout offers I was getting privately, I assumed some of private people would bid publicly in auction, but they didn't.

Dont bother with 3rd parties, way to much trouble, just take offers, when you get the number you want, sell it.  Thats what I would do if I did it again.  Clean, fast, no need for seller to have to get back to someone else for permission.

EXACTLY why I am going to permit private bids. I'm selling MY character, all my time, anger, energy went into this account. It is mine. Me selling it means I have decided I am absolutely without a doubt finished with wurm. So I want the most I can possibly get for all my effort. They will not publicly bid. They have informed me of that. Most of them offer far more than anyone has publicly stated will offer. Those private offers are against other private offers, without revealing names or pm's, they just have to take my word on it. Would be better for them to know they can make offers that are not being manipulated by me trying to spit out random numbers to get a bit more out of them.

• Like 2

IMHO you need not care about if some  fears you are making up prices. Everyone will have a top value  in their brain if the purchase worth the price for them they will buy if not they will step back. This simple. :-) 

On 12/9/2015 at 11:44 PM, MaurizioAM said:

so many people giving low ball pc's because they are trying to buy the account lol. 

well well over 1k.   800 is laughable.

the avatar is a god I agree 800 is laughable