Sign in to follow this  
Keenan

[Future Feature] Plotting a course

Okay! I spent a lot of time working on changes to ensure as little problems as possible.

PvP Travel Blocking

You will now have an option you can toggle in your Profile to choose if you wish to block PvP travel or not. This is default to on, so some people will have to turn it off (like myself). I tried to toy with specific defaults, but it was too buggy - safer for a minor profile change. Apologies in advance to my PvP friends who have to pop open their Profile the next time they come back from Freedom.

What does this do exactly?

• If you have it on, you will not be able to embark a boat set to a PvP server.
  • If you have it on, you or your captain will not be able to set a PvP server as a destination.
  • If you have it on, you or your captain will get a warning at the server border and the boat won't be able to cross.

Chaos Restrictions

After talking with staff and brainstorming, I went with the same restrictions as karma teleporting. There is no combat timer now, just the same restrictions as a karma teleport. There is a brief amount of time after crossing server where this restriction is not applied, so you have time enough to get a course plotted and cross back over should you unwittingly pop in to a trap. 

This restriction does not apply to the normal travel for Chaos. To and from Deli functions as it did before.

I will definitely be watching for feedback after this feature is introduced.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Keenan said:

Okay! I spent a lot of time working on changes to ensure as little problems as possible.

PvP Travel Blocking

You will now have an option you can toggle in your Profile to choose if you wish to block PvP travel or not. This is default to on, so some people will have to turn it off (like myself). I tried to toy with specific defaults, but it was too buggy - safer for a minor profile change. Apologies in advance to my PvP friends who have to pop open their Profile the next time they come back from Freedom.

What does this do exactly?

• If you have it on, you will not be able to embark a boat set to a PvP server.
  • If you have it on, you or your captain will not be able to set a PvP server as a destination.
  • If you have it on, you or your captain will get a warning at the server border and the boat won't be able to cross.

Chaos Restrictions

After talking with staff and brainstorming, I went with the same restrictions as karma teleporting. There is no combat timer now, just the same restrictions as a karma teleport. There is a brief amount of time after crossing server where this restriction is not applied, so you have time enough to get a course plotted and cross back over should you unwittingly pop in to a trap. 

This restriction does not apply to the normal travel for Chaos. To and from Deli functions as it did before.

I will definitely be watching for feedback after this feature is introduced.

I like these changes. Very well thought out.

22 hours ago, Nadroj said:

I feel like this could work if it's given appropriate cooldowns to stop people hopping all over the place to teleport around with ridiculous ease, especially when it comes to chaos. Needs something like a bigass cooldown on server border crossing if you've been on an enemy deed or combat recently....or something, top of my head there, iunno.

+1

I do like the idea of having all server borders on Chaos crossable, Ebonaura Macedon Black Legion etc and western MR should be able to travel to other Freedom servers too so everyone isn't just clustered on the east coast - but if it becomes possible to hop between server borders on Chaos to end up at the other side of the map it just seems a little too easy and I don't think it would really promote PvP if the major settlements were all just a few minutes away from each other, it would just promote hit and runs all the time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hailene said:

Maybe boost the number of people in local to 25 prem to cast RoS?

Another additional thing that can be added is that all the priests that is involved to cast RoS must belong to a village on the server where it is cast.

That way "outsiders" will not be able to Ninja RoS so easy.

• Like 1

A thread was made for RoS suggestions here:

I'd like to try and funnel these ideas over to that thread and keep this one open for feedback on the feature here. :)

Noticed that this awesome feature was now in game again awesome addition but when i went to plot a course while on Deliverence that was no option to plot to Xanadu?

25 minutes ago, Mistvengery said:

Noticed that this awesome feature was now in game again awesome addition but when i went to plot a course while on Deliverence that was no option to plot to Xanadu?

I'll have to double check that when the servers come back up. Sort of goofed up and let Golden Valley show up, so apologies on the need for a restart. :)

So taking a look, Xanadu didn't show up right away due to the server still coming up I think. I'll keep an eye on it though.

Did not appear in first few seconds of fix but now it is there!  Fantastic feature!!!!  A million kudos for this one :)

A very slight chance of griefing blocking a ship to cross to Chaos - with a passenger already on the ship turning the option off during the trip and staying on the boat... unless there is a way for the captain to kick a passenger from the ship.

19 minutes ago, Jaz said:

A very slight chance of griefing blocking a ship to cross to Chaos - with a passenger already on the ship turning the option off during the trip and staying on the boat... unless there is a way for the captain to kick a passenger from the ship.

I'll take a look at this. I'm not too sure about kicking someone off the boat, that just switches the grief. I think I might block the option change from taking effect if you're on a boat set for Chaos though, so it's on the passenger to hop off if they want to switch it back. I tried to put in ample warnings so no one is caught unawares. :)

I am using beta 1.0.0.7 and the server travel option is not in my profile...in WU that is...I could not find any reference to it in the WU forums

Edited by jkirkwood

The only thing in your profile would be PvP blocking. The travel option is via right-clicking on the boat. You must have multiple servers set and the feature enabled on them.

Edit: Deleted my rant.

Going to leave though that I feel this is a band aid solution and hope that this doesn't mean sailing isnt going to get an actual overhaul like the player base has been asking for years. I can see where this feature will be come handy, perhaps even stimulating to the economy as people might be more inclined to ship things now but I am concerned for deliverance. 

Edited by Ruger
Removing my rant.

Afaik what people asked for (that triggered this feature) was a way to not have to sail for hours on Xanadu to get to the servers/coasts on the other side.

This feature has been very apreciated even if we all ofc want a way to make our ships faster!

• Like 1

That's just it, pvp blocking is not in my profile settings.  Two servers, and it is enabled.  i get the message that I or a passenger have pvp blocking on.  I don't have it in my profile in WU, but it is there in WO. 

http://prntscr.com/bjyou7

Edited by jkirkwood

File a support ticket in game, i would say. Make sure there's no logged off passenger on your boat with that setting enabled.

He found the forum. I'm going to close this thread as it was intended back as a notice of a future feature. One that has been implemented for six months now. This post trending to the top again is causing confusion.