Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Developer Q&A plans

The problem with the current skill gain system is the tool needed to figure out how to best gain skills isn't included in the game. When players have to program statistical third party analysis tools to parse a game log of skill gain data as a result of another game log of action data it should be a sign that the system is too complicated.

My ideal skill gain system is one where players can easily figure out what they need to do in order to best gain skill.

-To fix current system:  Make it so players can use a in-game "research" tool. With this tool you'd activate it, do an action, and the game would give you a report about how effective the action was. The report would take into consideration skill level, tool quality, resource/target difficulty an other important factors.

-Success based system: First of all, specifically what is a success? How do we figure out our success for things that don't give percentages? (imo) this approach still doesn't appear to solve the problem of not communicating to the player what he or she should do to best train. The problem isn't getting the skill gain...its knowing what tool quality and target difficulty should be used at different skill levels.

• Like 1

On 12/8/2015 at 10:30 AM, Retrograde said:

Various tile modification options such as clay

If this means finally being able to remove some of the hundreds of useless and in the way clay tiles blocking the sandbox I am extremely excited.  Thank you for addressing this.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jonas said:

If this means finally being able to remove some of the hundreds of useless and in the way clay tiles blocking the sandbox I am extremely excited.  Thank you for addressing this.  

+1  Distribution of clay is nuts - should be able to create and remove in some way too.