Sign in to follow this  
Schmois

[ALPHA] Fix Surface Mining Mod (With enchantments!)

Ok they changed the method name from action to mine, which if that was all it would be easy. However they also changed it from public boolean to public final static boolean which makes things harder. I am not sure this mod is worth maintaining with the original creator being gone, and the changes in 1.3 which made skill effect surface mining chance.

The mining rig was since 1.3 really my biggest interest still. Though I could see value for newer players having the AZ love. Little extra edge for early on work not a bad thing. Other fish to fry so this may just have to go to the wayside. Amount of effort vs productive result and all.

az fist was working for me until this last update. I don't think my people bothered to make a seafloor mining rig though even though I had it enabled rofl.

I also agree with you, to an extent. However from testing and feedback it gave having high mining skill a bit more value and pride since it now affects how often they mine down while surface mining. I was on the fence so I let my community help me decide.

My decision that I was making before deciding not to, was to completely rewrite it in a different way. Trying to maintain someone elses mod is a lot more difficult than redoing it my way.

Edited by Xyp

Game won't load with this mod active.  It's a shame, we really need a surface mining mod.

1 hour ago, JackBinimbul said:

Game won't load with this mod active.  It's a shame, we really need a surface mining mod.

Mod is broken do not use it with the new WU version.

Man I really loved this mod and the original modder made the mine down rock without the 4 corners unearthed because I suggested it. 

On 10/2/2020 at 3:09 PM, Arathok said:

Anybody got a version that works with 1.9.1.2?

Look for OneTileMining on google.

I had no idea this even existed when I made my onetilemining mod  *shrug*